Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
No matter if you're a 1st overall or a 5th round pick, you can offer the same bonuses?

They are standard for any ELC, doesn't matter if drafted, where drafted, or not drafted at all.

A breakdown of Matthews from last season:

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
So with the ELC situation. If he came over after this next season and never signed the extension with CSKA, what is the minimum amount of years that his ELC would have to be? What about if he does sign the 3 year contract with CSKA? I know the standard is 3 years, but I remember Folin signed a 2 year ELC.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So with the ELC situation. If he came over after this next season and never signed the extension with CSKA, what is the minimum amount of years that his ELC would have to be? What about if he does sign the 3 year contract with CSKA? I know the standard is 3 years, but I remember Folin signed a 2 year ELC.

https://centericeview.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/nhl-entry-level-contracts-elc-a-quick-primer/ Is a decent explination of how ELC's work.

Based on age, the players offered an NHL entry level deal must be offered the following:

Age 18-21: Three-Year Deal
Age 22-23: Two-Year Deal
Age 24: One- Year Deal

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
https://centericeview.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/nhl-entry-level-contracts-elc-a-quick-primer/ Is a decent explination of how ELC's work.

Based on age, the players offered an NHL entry level deal must be offered the following:

Age 18-21: Three-Year Deal
Age 22-23: Two-Year Deal
Age 24: One- Year Deal

Alright, I could see him riding this contract out till he's 24 and then coming over here for his 1 year ELC, putting up 70 points and then cashing in on like a $5.5 million long term extension.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo

Remember nobody from the Wild has even physically met Kaprizov. He didn't come to the 2015 draft, and at the most recent world juniors, Team Russia wouldn't let the Wild sit down with Kaprizov. Instead, members of the front office met with Kaprizov's agent and girlfriend and even delivered to them his draft jersey for the first time.
Nobody has even been allowed to EVER physically meet him. Ever? Yeah, we're being taken for a ride.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Russo

Nobody has even been allowed to EVER physically meet him. Ever? Yeah, we're being taken for a ride.

"Allowed" sounds rather funny, like he would have KGB following him at every step. :D But seriously, I think somebody from the management could've spent some time to go to Russia and finally meet him, strange that they hadn't done it.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I think you're entered automatically at a certain age, not the player's choice.
The Wild should have been allowed to talk with him face to face to see if he even genuinely wanted to play in the NHL. It's almost as if it's easier to get a meeting with the Pope.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
"Allowed" sounds rather funny, like he would have KGB following him at every step. :D But seriously, I think somebody from the management could've spent some time to go to Russia and finally meet him, strange that they hadn't done it.

This is what I've been wondering about. He wasn't at the draft and I can see the Russian team not wanting the Wild distracting him during the tournament. But is it common for teams to send reps over to Russia (or even Europe) to meet with prospects in person before signing? Obviously the Wild don't have much experience with Russians, but I don't remember them doing it with other unsigned prospects either. Of course, with guys like Granlund, Brodin and Eriksson-Ek they were able to meet at the draft and combine.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
What the heck is the point of even entering the draft if this is how you behave? Maybe we can get Trump to tell Putin to let us have him? :sarcasm:

NHL isn't an Opt In draft.

Anyone in the world can be drafted if they meet the age requirements.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
I think it's the same thing it is with Sorokin. Wild fans will wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and CSKA will always offer enough for him not to take an ELC

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
do we know why he seems hesitant to come here? is it a money issue or something completely different. if it's a money issue than

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

He used the world Allowed, because Fletcher and crew traveled to the World Juniors to meet him and Team Russia wouldn't allow it, so they met his Agent and his Girlfriend instead.

I don't really blame Team Russia, they were playing in an important tournament. But thats the reason for the verbiage.

They just need to put Flahr and Bruno on a damn plane, and headed to Russia before he does put ink to paper. Although there may be something in the NHL/KHL memorandum prohibiting such contact in season.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
This is what I've been wondering about. He wasn't at the draft and I can see the Russian team not wanting the Wild distracting him during the tournament. But is it common for teams to send reps over to Russia (or even Europe) to meet with prospects in person before signing? Obviously the Wild don't have much experience with Russians, but I don't remember them doing it with other unsigned prospects either. Of course, with guys like Granlund, Brodin and Eriksson-Ek they were able to meet at the draft and combine.

It is actually, for example I remember how actively NYR were in touch with Bucnevich, and this kind of communication makes sense to me. Just because if they don't communicate, CSKA may easily exploit the "they don't care - they tried to send you to Vegas" argument (and I wouldn't blame them for doing that).

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It is actually, for example I remember how actively NYR were in touch with Bucnevich, and this kind of communication makes sense to me. Just because if they don't communicate, CSKA may easily exploit the "they don't care - they tried to send you to Vegas" argument (and I wouldn't blame them for doing that).

If that's the case I'd have to agree. Not that a visit would necessarily make a difference one way or the other, but when you strike the jackpot on a 5th round pick and haven't been able to meet with him after 2 years, a couple of plane tickets are probably in order.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yea Kaprizov is undoubtedly the best prospect this organization has ever had and if the news is true that he is locked in for an additional 3 years with CSKA, then this is a massive blow to the organization.

Pre-expansion draft the Wild had a Top 5 if not the best prospect pool.

Post ED and we've lost Tuch to Vegas, Greenway is going back to Boston, and Kaprizov is extending in the KHL.

If Kunin or Ek don't make HUGE leaps this season - we're ****ed going forward.

Yeah... no. The hyperbole around this kid is ridiculous around here. Gaborik is still the best prospect this team has ever had, and it's not close. Kaprizov has high potential for success, but there is very significant risk of failure.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yeah... no. The hyperbole around this kid is ridiculous around here. Gaborik is still the best prospect this team has ever had, and it's not close. Kaprizov has high potential for success, but there is very significant risk of failure.
Agreed...Gabby was and will remain the best prospect until proven otherwise.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Even Granlund wasn't that far behind Kaprizov as a prospect, if he was at all.

There was a time when general hockey experts called Granlund the best player in the world not in the NHL. Yes, his hyperbole was intense too... he also had risk of failure, but he didn't also have the risk of being unwilling to come to the NHL that Russians have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad