Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Seems like something he would typically comment on still though. Like calling it out for BS if it actually is.

This is probably one case where Russo pretty much knows as much as we do. He's got his contacts in the NHL and North America, but he's probably about as blind as any of us are when it comes to the KHL/Russia.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I won't believe this until I see something saying he has signed, not that he might, not that he's expected to, not that the offer is there. Nothing about this sounds credible until there's an official type release.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The article works again on ST. I think there's very legitimate cause for concern at this point. I know this happened earlier and it was false, but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about it. I can't believe the front office still hasn't met him. That's probably not a great look for your organization.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
The article works again on ST. I think there's very legitimate cause for concern at this point. I know this happened earlier and it was false, but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about it. I can't believe the front office still hasn't met him. That's probably not a great look for your organization.

They tried at the World Juniors, and Team Russia wouldn't allow it, I believe. It's not for a lack of effort.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I mean, it's not for lack of trying. He wasn't at the draft and they weren't allowed to meet at the WJCs. I guess they could send reps over to Russia, but I'm not sure how well that'd be received.

Anyway, a Russian player re-signing to play in Russia wouldn't exactly be the most surprising thing in the world. It'd be great to have him here in 2018-19, but it's up to him.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
****ing Minnesota sports... find an absolute steal of a pick in the 5th round and we can't get him over here. Like seriously, arguably one of our best prospects in our franchise's history and we might not see him for 4 more years, if ever.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Even if true, he's only 20 years old. This 3 year deal will expire when he is 23 or 24 years old. The Wild will always retain his NHL rights.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Even if true, he's only 20 years old. This 3 year deal will expire when he is 23 or 24 years old. The Wild will always retain his NHL rights.

Sure, but it'd be a lot nicer to have him here now compared to 4 years when Sute, Parise, Koivu, and Staal are in their late 30s.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

True. Tarasenko didn't come over to North America until he was 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad