Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If there's one good thing Fenton has done so far, its that he seems to have made Kaprizov a big priority.
If anything his moves this year only begin to make sense if you assume that Kaprizov's a major part of the plan. Not that they haven't sort of been working out immediately anyway :laugh:

Yeolo

Apr 11, 2014
That’s the thing about it that people aren’t grasping. Everything we are doing is geared towards having this kid on board.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
you mean the rask trade? when (cross fingers) hemi gets here hopefully sokolov will be ready to play on his rw & maybe we trade for a decent center that speaks Russian. or one year svetlakov (? our draft pick) until khovanov is ready. im already excited to watch kaprizov dazzle in a wild uniform.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
you mean the rask trade? when (cross fingers) hemi gets here hopefully sokolov will be ready to play on his rw & maybe we trade for a decent center that speaks Russian. or one year svetlakov (? our draft pick) until khovanov is ready. im already excited to watch kaprizov dazzle in a wild uniform.
Rask was a depth C trade. he will be a fine 3C moving forward.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
As bad as it looks right now even the Rask trade makes more sense if you assume that Kaprizov's a major part of the long term plan. It turned some of our winger surplus into a center without getting any older.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
can i quote you in 2 years when we buyout rask because hes so terrible?

Even if Rask deserves to be bought out, he probably wouldn't be. Fenton doesn't seem like the type of guy to admit he's wrong.

Admittedly I didn't watch alot of Carolina games the past few seasons, so I'm going to hold off on forming an opinion on him until I seem him play more.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i doubt rask will score more than 10G , after 2 very painful years i think will buy him out. kaprizov needs a better center to get the max from his talents , its not rask!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
i doubt rask will score more than 10G , after 2 very painful years i think will buy him out. kaprizov needs a better center to get the max from his talents , its not rask!

Why do you assume Rask would be the only option? There is, believe it or not, a possible scenario where we both keep Rask for the duration of his contract AND have someone else to center Kaprizov.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
why would kaprizov be on the 3rd line? he will have Ek or Staal or a newly acquired center. he wont sniff the 3rd line unless he underperforms.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
can any of them speak Russian? my point is when he gets here to make him feel as comfortable as possible and a Russian speaking C would do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad