Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov II: (LW) - CSKA Moscow - 135th Overall, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
@#$%&*. Suddenly our prospect pool doesn't look as great with no Tuch and no Kaprizov anytime soon.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
@#$%&*. Suddenly our prospect pool doesn't look as great with no Tuch and no Kaprizov anytime soon.

Wouldn't be catastrophic and potentially adding Kaprizov on an ELC after JEE's, Kunin's and (hypothetically) Greenway's expire has its perks... but yeah, still a blow. If he has decided to stay I still hope he kills it over there.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
3 years still brings him here as a 23 year old. Not the worst idea, same with the ELC staggering.

Zucker/Granlund
Nino/Coyle
Parise/X

It'd be nice to have him here, but it's not like we're desperate for wingers.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
****ing Minnesota sports... find an absolute steal of a pick in the 5th round and we can't get him over here. Like seriously, arguably one of our best prospects in our franchise's history and we might not see him for 4 more years, if ever.

Yea Kaprizov is undoubtedly the best prospect this organization has ever had and if the news is true that he is locked in for an additional 3 years with CSKA, then this is a massive blow to the organization.

Pre-expansion draft the Wild had a Top 5 if not the best prospect pool.

Post ED and we've lost Tuch to Vegas, Greenway is going back to Boston, and Kaprizov is extending in the KHL.

If Kunin or Ek don't make HUGE leaps this season - we're ****ed going forward.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What does Greenway going back to Boston have to do with affecting his status as our prospect?

I'm in favor of him going back.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Will he even want to come over here after this additional 3 year extensions. He'll be offered a lot more by CKSA than our max ELC.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Will he even want to come over here after this additional 3 year extensions. He'll be offered a lot more by CKSA than our max ELC.

Depends on what his priorities are. Panarin came over, Radulov came back.

If he wants to play with and against the best and play in the best league in the world, he'll come over. If he wants to live at home and never take an earnings dip, then he'll stay.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Depends on what his goals are. If he only ever wants to play in Russia there's not much reason to come over to the NHL.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Hope the NHL fixes this Olympics debacle before that extension is over too. Has to have some type of impact on his decision IMO.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Is there a limit on performance bonuses that you can give an ELC player, perhaps depending on what round they were drafted in? Or is it open to negotiation?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Not really, he'll be offered about what the max ELC is.

I feel like people have a distorted view of what KHLers get paid. He's been making less than 100k so far in his career, and his KHL extension will probably be around 1 million. Only 3 players in the entire league make more than 4 million dollars(Kovy,Datsyuk and Voynov) , and none make over 6 million.

So IF he signed the deal (still not convinced, that KHL tweet was just parroting what the CEO said, and there was a post in the other thread with Quotes from Kap that he hasn't signed) it's essentially like he's signing a KHL ELC, and when it's up his ELC in the NHL will only be 1 year that with bonuses will probably clear him 2.5 million.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Is there a limit on performance bonuses that you can give an ELC player, perhaps depending on what round they were drafted in? Or is it open to negotiation?

Yes, there is a limit on bonuses. Tops out around 3.5 million in total compensation if you hit max.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
No matter if you're a 1st overall or a 5th round pick, you can offer the same bonuses?

Correct. Which is why some players drafted later don't sign right away(Kuemper). Improving your play, gets a better chance for bonuses.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Deal is not done as far as I understand, but CSKA GM sounds pretty confident.

I'm assuming you speak Russian, the google translate of this article makes it seem like the interview was from today, and Kaprisov hasn't signed and is planning on waiting a bit to sign. Any insights that are possible lost in translation?

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/991340?from=articles_main

Here's the google translate of the quotes.

- The future did not look? One season you spend at CSKA. And then what - KHL or NHL?
- Do not know yet. I wait for the decision.

- Just CSKA Moscow makes no secret that leads you negotiate a contract for another three years.
- I know. But I still have some time to think over the offer.

Aritcle says its an interview after practice today, so it's recent. Doesn't seem like the quotes from someone that just signed a 3 year deal.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad