Post-Game Talk: Kings of the Road for once! Jets win 4-3

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
There are no "easy" divisions in the new alignment. But I like the proposal to a degree. Some divisions don't make sense at all, ..... unless from a purely business perspective.

I would like to direct you to our new division in the realigned NHL. Enjoy an easy division while we can haha

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Ok, I'll admit it, I had Peluso written off as a bum and a waste of a roster spot. I realize it's one game, but very few unskilled grinders create a pair of primary assists like he did tonight. Might be blind luck and nothing else, but I'm inclined to believe we've got at the very least a slight upgrade over Thorburn.

Kane was sick tonight, as was Olli. Pavelec should've had the 3rd goal, but he made some big stops that kept us ahead. Postma and Clitsome played well, also thought Hainsey had his best games in a few weeks, he was very consistent moving the puck up ice. Buff looked hobbled out there, there were times where it looked like he might as well be on crutches.

Holy dinah, 4-1-0 on this roadie? Guess the question for the Jets will no longer be about how great it is playing at the MTSC, but rather why it's such a hard place to win in. :sarcasm:

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
That's 2 wins for Hainsey in New York.

tumblr_m31xyvatlC1r7tsfq.gif

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
I have no problems with the new division. The Jets come out strong against stronger opponents. Look at their record against the SE teams last year. Dreadful.

Huh? Did you forget the :sarcasm: ?

vs. Florida 3-2-1
vs. Washington 4-1-1
vs. Tampa Bay 3-1-2
vs. Carolina 4-2-0

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
watching him play, looks quite obvious that Buff have some lingering groin issues. he, for the most part, has limited mobility. watch the bank-off-the-net play. he's barely moving his feet.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
14-6-4 isn't terribly impressive. Look at the stinkers they laid against the Islanders and CBJ last year.

Wow you're pretty hard to impress then.

I do know what you are getting at though. Last year they had the annoying habit of playing top shelf and beating the Bruins, Flyers, etc and then following it up by crapping the bed against the bottom feeders.

I still think your example of their divisional record is a poor one. Only losing 6 outright out of 24 games is pretty impressive.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets on a Deadline

Jets-beat-Rangers-300x188.jpg

Game recaps, video highlights and the NHL.com 3 Stars of the night. Tonight's Winnipeg Sun article has all the post-game video/audio from Coach Noel, Evander Kane, Anthony Peluso and Olli Jokinen.

For more click here.

Last edited:

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Missed the entire game but man.... joki with 2 goals! seems like the monkey is completely off his back now and I'm pretty happy to see that. Do we have 3 lines that can score now? Not too shabby. Peluso with 2 assists as well?! Not going to lie, I was a bit skeptical about the waiver pick ups at first but damn... have they been good! keep it up! go jets go!

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Pumped to get the win here and improve to an excellent 4-1 on the 5 game road trip. Now that we have gained some momentum and positivity within the team, it's nice to have 2 home games before hitting the road again.

Jokinen had a real solid game, good for him.

Kane is a beast, and he is playing like a Star in this league. Teams simply cannot handle and contain his speed, drive and skill.

I'm stoked for Peluso, good for him. I have been as optimistic as possible in giving this guy a chance and tonight he showed he has the tools there to be a player. His skating is quite good, he showed nice hands and made quality decisions with the puck. He lost his man on that one play but he more than handled himself tonight. Two primary assists, not too shabby. Perhaps most of all, Noel used him on the PP. That's a feather in this kids cap. Nothing is set in stone, and he's still got a mountain to climb in proving he is a full-time NHL'er in a role for us, but if he can give us the quality minutes he did tonight, i'll be very happy. I just do not see a goon in Anthony Peluso.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
When was the last time we had 2 L Wingers in the top 10 in both goals and points?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Post Game thread Boston when things were at there darkest and we faced the biggest road stand of the year this was my post in response to Ducky feeling the gloom!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky
This could get really ugly with the loooooooong road trip ahead.

Ducky it will either make or break us......either we are done like dinner after this road trip or we are right back in the hunt. I honestly think right now the guys need some time away from home on the road because they have some 5hit to work out and they need to pull together as a team.

As one poster said we aren't getting blown out ...these are close games which is frustrating we just have no mojo and seem to lack confidence in ourselves.

I have liked Pavs over the last two games......this would be a great time to have him go above .930 for a stretch of 10 games

Ok ok not a glowing endorsement but I held out a glimmer of hope and at the time came off as a raging optomist ;):D

FWIW it's the only thing I have been close to being right about this season......what a weird year so far! I must say being pleasantly suprised is one of the greatest feelings to experience. I am trying so hard not to get too high with the highs.....but....BUT....this road trip feels like that hot girl you couldn't suck it up to ask to the dance because you were scared and you found out later she actually wanted to go with you?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Umm...what. Face it, you got it wrong. That's far from dreadful.

Ok, I was wrong on that mark. My point, though, is that the SE is pretty much the weakest division in the NHL, and the Jets loved to come out flat to those teams, especially on the road. They still lost 10 games against SE teams, only 6 outright.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Ok, I was wrong on that mark. My point, though, is that the SE is pretty much the weakest division in the NHL, and the Jets loved to come out flat to those teams, especially on the road. They still lost 10 games against SE teams, only 6 outright.

The Northwest can give the Southeast a run for their money. Coming into tonight, 4 of the bottom 5 teams in the West were from the NW Division. Look at the Canucks as further proof:

Vancouver is 4-4-3 against the rest of the West (11 out of a possible 22 points), while 6-0-1 against teams within their division. That division is awful, and Vancouver is clearly benefiting tremendously from it.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Here's a look at the eastern conference standings. I use PMGP (Points Minus Game Played) as the main counter. I ignore division-leader-seedings for the time being. Maybe will use them later in the season.

TEAM | PMGP | Comments
Boston|10|Played 3 fewer games than Monreal and Pittsburgh
Montreal|8
Pittsburgh|6|3 more ROW than Ottawa
Ottawa|6
New Jersey|5
Toronto|4
Carolina|1
Tampa Bay|0|Identical record to Winnipeg, better goals +/-
Winnipeg|0|2 more ROW than Rangers
NY Rangers|0
Philadelphia|-2
NY Islanders|-3
Washington|-3
Florida|-3|Fewer ROW than Islanders and Washington
Buffalo|-5

Last edited:

Duir

Pumped to get the win here and improve to an excellent 4-1 on the 5 game road trip. Now that we have gained some momentum and positivity within the team, it's nice to have 2 home games before hitting the road again.

Jokinen had a real solid game, good for him.

Kane is a beast, and he is playing like a Star in this league. Teams simply cannot handle and contain his speed, drive and skill.

I'm stoked for Peluso, good for him. I have been as optimistic as possible in giving this guy a chance and tonight he showed he has the tools there to be a player. His skating is quite good, he showed nice hands and made quality decisions with the puck. He lost his man on that one play but he more than handled himself tonight. Two primary assists, not too shabby. Perhaps most of all, Noel used him on the PP. That's a feather in this kids cap. Nothing is set in stone, and he's still got a mountain to climb in proving he is a full-time NHL'er in a role for us, but if he can give us the quality minutes he did tonight, i'll be very happy. I just do not see a goon in Anthony Peluso.

Nor do I man. If he continues with efforts like tonight he will have a consistent roster spot on the Jets. Pretty damn handy he knows how to throw knuckles with the best of them too. I can see what the ST. Louis fans were saying in that we will like him. Him, Joki, and Wright formed a solid line. You could tell on the bench and after his first assist that the guys really like him. Solid pick up by Chevy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad