Post-Game Talk: Kings of the Road for once! Jets win 4-3

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
I think everyone thought the Jets would move west this year. I always want them to win, but I hope they win the SE just for the sheer awkwardness of a SE Divisions Champions banner hanging forever at MTS. :D
If you want REAL AWKWARDNESS, try explaining a Stanley Cup Final between the Eastern Conference representative Winnipeg Jets, and the Western Conference representative Detroit Red Wings :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Good to see Peluso get it done.

From the moment we picked him up, and I saw that he went to Gary Roberts I had high hopes for him.
Now I do not have to get acquainted with the taste of shoe leather.
Said that third line was going to be beastly.

Kaner...Nice ****ing job gettin it done.
Joker has got his grin back methinks.

Crazed Fan

Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Great win for the Jets tonight.
Pavelec played big.
Kanes goals were huge. Beautiful shot on the first, and clutch on the 2nd.
More Big Mucks and monkeys in the garbage. I like this Olli.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
I was considering making one called "Peluso for Pres"

THat one goal against was his man but otherwise i thouhgt he looked really good.

Burmi looked good, could have had an extra assist or two.

Kane looked dynamite, like how him and burmi are playing together.

Wright can't buy a point, some great opportunities. Really liked him and joki and peluso line.

all in all, last year, thats a game we lose.

shows good on the team

shows good on joki

shows good on peluso

all in all, happy with that game..

I disagree with you and the announcers. Why was hainsey standing still and let him blow by? I think it's Hainseys responsibility to pick up the forward ;)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Ok, I'll admit it, I had Peluso written off as a bum and a waste of a roster spot. I realize it's one game, but very few unskilled grinders create a pair of primary assists like he did tonight. Might be blind luck and nothing else, but I'm inclined to believe we've got at the very least a slight upgrade over Thorburn.

Kane was sick tonight, as was Olli. Pavelec should've had the 3rd goal, but he made some big stops that kept us ahead. Postma and Clitsome played well, also thought Hainsey had his best games in a few weeks, he was very consistent moving the puck up ice. Buff looked hobbled out there, there were times where it looked like he might as well be on crutches.

Holy dinah, 4-1-0 on this roadie? Guess the question for the Jets will no longer be about how great it is playing at the MTSC, but rather why it's such a hard place to win in. :sarcasm:

Georges laraque once had a hatty. Just saying.

That being said it was a solid game for peluso. Seemed to have better patience, settling in better. Well see.

That being said, still cannot understand how people can hate on machacek skating and say peluso skates well. Don't see it. But I have never been too hung up skating, it's the most overrated attribute IMO. If peluso can continue to win board battles on work very hard on his d zone coverage maybe he can be a 4th liner.

Anyways it's a solid win. The patched together blueline looks alright. Pavs is doing better. Kane continues to be an individual beast, exactly what we need. Not seeing much development in team play or vision, but that's fine if he continues what he's doing. We'll see but if the jets can put some consistency maybe we can get to playoffs as we need to.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Wow. So proud of this team right now! I couldn't watch the game tonight, but sounds like they played great! Kane proving everyone wrong, jokinen gets a couple and we are back in the race! So pumped right now!:) :handclap:
Go Jets go!!

jetkarma*

Pumped to get the win here and improve to an excellent 4-1 on the 5 game road trip. Now that we have gained some momentum and positivity within the team, it's nice to have 2 home games before hitting the road again.

Jokinen had a real solid game, good for him.

Kane is a beast, and he is playing like a Star in this league. Teams simply cannot handle and contain his speed, drive and skill.

I'm stoked for Peluso, good for him. I have been as optimistic as possible in giving this guy a chance and tonight he showed he has the tools there to be a player. His skating is quite good, he showed nice hands and made quality decisions with the puck. He lost his man on that one play but he more than handled himself tonight. Two primary assists, not too shabby. Perhaps most of all, Noel used him on the PP. That's a feather in this kids cap. Nothing is set in stone, and he's still got a mountain to climb in proving he is a full-time NHL'er in a role for us, but if he can give us the quality minutes he did tonight, i'll be very happy. I just do not see a goon in Anthony Peluso.

Playing like and IS a star in this league , and OUR star :handclap:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Oh I know, I am just suggesting that Hainsey picked the wrong guy to cover..

I don't have replay on hand but hainsey was the guy who followed ranger up high I believe. The rangers rotated so hainsey had to follow his man. Peluso guy was the defenseman that had rotated down. How could hainsey have taken the far side d who had rotated down then crossed?

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
I don't have replay on hand but hainsey was the guy who followed ranger up high I believe. The rangers rotated so hainsey had to follow his man. Peluso guy was the defenseman that had rotated down. How could hainsey have taken the far side d who had rotated down then crossed?

Well I don't play much hockey, but I thought that even if that was the case, the defensemen is never supposed to go up high and leave the front of the net to follow his man and leave a winger to cover for him. It's one thing to do it up high in the zone or in the offensive zone, but that sure is dangerous down low.|

Also note that I don't have a video either and this is argument is based purely off of my memory of a 4 second replay. :D

jetkarma*

Great game.

Pavs is playing better, makes a huge difference.

When does Chevy start to add for a playoff run? If the Jets can stay in the hunt in the next 10-15 games, I would hope there is some help on the way. Need to get Enstrom back, and maybe pick up another dman.

Can't see another Dman especially if Enstrom is back. Just too costly and the price would be exorbitant if it wasn't a rental and just don't see Chevy paying the price to be honest.

Maybe someone who is still available now though? not a trade per se?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Well I don't play much hockey, but I thought that even if that was the case, the defensemen is never supposed to go up high and leave the front of the net to follow his man and leave a winger to cover for him. It's one thing to do it up high in the zone or in the offensive zone, but that sure is dangerous down low.|

Also note that I don't have a video either and this is argument is based purely off of my memory of a 4 second replay. :D

Here's the thing. Personally I don't like set "positions". When you in a man to man coverage you are playing as a 5 man unit. There should really be no lw, c, rw, ld, rd. Everybody has a man you cover them. Now obviously you want you d down low, so when the chance presents itself, you make the switch by communicating, but when the offense rotates like that you have to stay with your man. Zone coverage is different and that seems to be what you are describing. In a zone coverage hainsey never should have gotten that high, and he knows that which is why I doubt that that was what they were in.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
5 for 7 on the road in February is unreal. :handclap:

The only awful game this month was the Tampa blow out but all the rest of the games were really close.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That's 2 wins for Hainsey in New York.

tumblr_m31xyvatlC1r7tsfq.gif

And don't forget for Massena's own, too!

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
What a change in this team over the last couple weeks. Starts with solid goaltending. Pavelec looks very focused and is moving much better. The two most notable things to me is that we are outskating teams and we are winning most battles. The only two players not giving everything they have is Byfuglien and Postma. I hope Byfuglien is hurt because he is contributing nothing to this team right now. Very scary defensively and not involved offensively. Looked disinterested tonight. Postma has slow feet. He gets beat to pucks and never wins any battles. The other four D-men are playing as good as they can play. Nice to win a game without any scoring from LLW.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
What a change in this team over the last couple weeks. Starts with solid goaltending. Pavelec looks very focused and is moving much better. The two most notable things to me is that we are outskating teams and we are winning most battles. The only two players not giving everything they have is Byfuglien and Postma. I hope Byfuglien is hurt because he is contributing nothing to this team right now. Very scary defensively and not involved offensively. Looked disinterested tonight. Postma has slow feet. He gets beat to pucks and never wins any battles. The other four D-men are playing as good as they can play. Nice to win a game without any scoring from LLW.

Buff really looked like the road trip has taken it's toll. He's not moving around well and looks tired. Having said that, he beasted his way into a scoring position and pretty much made the Jets first goal happen so I wouldn't say he's done nothing.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Playing like and IS a star in this league , and OUR star :handclap:

Small sample, but Kane is among the top 10 most dangerous even strength scorers in the league right now.

League Ranks at Even Strength:

Goals: Tied for 2nd w/ 8, Stamkos has 9.
Assists: Tied for 20th in the league.
Points: Tied for 5th w/ P Kane, behind Stamkos, Vanek, Crosby and Hodgso.
Shots: 5th in the league, 1st at even strength.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Worth nothing:
Buff and Clitty were a mess tonight, but Buff ended up +4 and Clitsome was +3 while Bogo was -2. There are many reasons to not like that stat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad