Post-Game Talk: Kings of the Road for once! Jets win 4-3

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Every time we win I feel our Post Game Talk threads are missing something. Just feels kind of empty. Maybe it's just me. :)

I'll tell ya one thing, on this current road trip, with their backs pretty well against the wall for the sake of the season, these Winnipeg Jets have been Fuelled By Passion.

The-Christmas-Invasion-doctor-who-17690166-1600-900.jpg

Am I close?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I think Buff is quite hurt.
With the other injuries it came down to a really hobbled Buff vs their 3rd or 4th choice as a call up from the Ice Caps. You could see in the corners Buff was only reaching with his arms when fighting for pucks. Instead of using his body to remove the opposition from the puck. At least twice he was rushing the puck up the ice and had some room but just dumped it in. My guess is the coaching staff likely asked him to play that way given that he can't really skate hard to come back. So as bad as things were for him at times I think he's better injured then the option they have. If Enstrom or Redmond were healthy I'm sure he would take a game or two off. He still some how dangled through their whole team to set up the pressure that created Jokinen's first goal. Hopefully we can find a way to get him healthy soon.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I think Buff is quite hurt.
With the other injuries it came down to a really hobbled Buff vs their 3rd or 4th choice as a call up from the Ice Caps. You could see in the corners Buff was only reaching with his arms when fighting for pucks. Instead of using his body to remove the opposition from the puck. At least twice he was rushing the puck up the ice and had some room but just dumped it in. My guess is the coaching staff likely asked him to play that way given that he can't really skate hard to come back. So as bad as things were for him at times I think he's better injured then the option they have. If Enstrom or Redmond were healthy I'm sure he would take a game or two off. He still some how dangled through their whole team to set up the pressure that created Jokinen's first goal. Hopefully we can find a way to get him healthy soon.

With Meech coming up I wonder if they will rest Buff.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Tdoe42 said:
I cant even remember the last time we saw Clitnone. Ever since he was a healthy scratch he hasnt had a bad game
Now he's covering for a certain other consistently bad D man:sarcasm:
Not sure what you guys are watching, but that pairing has largely been a disaster.

I am stunned that they haven't given up a bucket of goals. Buff hasn't been terrible, but Clitsome really really has.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I saw some Clitnone moments, and I saw some pretty fantastic Clitmore moments.
He made a few good defensive moves, and once basically plucked the puck off a stick of a Rangers player right in the low slot. He also had some poor breakouts, with holding on the puck too long many times or wishy-washy passes. Of course, I have a bit of a leg up because I technically watched the game 1.5 times ;) (I had an evening exam so I watched the first half just before the exam and then re-watched the whole game after).

I kept thinking to myself:
man if Clitsome had better decision making with the puck he'd be a solid bottom pair guy...

I think he's shown that he deserves to be the Jets' #7 when Enstrom is back and not waived; I don't think he's wowed me over Stuart or Postma (or Redmond if he was healthy).

PS re: Byfuglien
Geeze you guys shouldn't watch the TNSE streams... they are bias'ing your opinions... MSG stream was talking about how great Byfuglien is.
:sarcasm:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
To be honest I don't think bogo had a very good game in his own zone either.

I agree. No doubt conditioning is starting to hurt him a bit. You can exercise all you want but coming back to the rigors of an actual game and playing 7 games in 11 nights on the road has to affect you eventually.

I bet he was running on pure adrenaline and skill at first but there is a point where your body just can't keep up. That's when you see what a great player he really is. Even when he's 'bad', he's good.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Georges Laraque was a decent 4th liner in those days as well. ;)

No, I'm mindful of the fact that Peluso probably won't have too many opportunities to play with Kane and Jokinen. But like you were saying, Peluso's overall game yesterday made a good impression.

I remember the days when Big Georges thought he was a scorer. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad