KHL Season 2018/2019

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
CSKA sending a strong message what they do think about the parity in the league: Kaprizov, Grigorenko, Vey, Svetlakov, Sorokin, Nesterov and Marchenko not in the lineup against Admiral.

It's so sad to look at CSKA play without top line though... It's pretty sad anyway but without those 3 guys, it's just... Well, they are losing to Admiral at home. Enough said.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Apparently he is going through a not so good season. There were IIRC some out of shape issues at camp, then he was scratched a couple of times. And he is the only standout name there on paper.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Weren’t people like Pavel Bure supposed to be in on the Sochi project? And then it never happened.
Obviously Bure wasn't impressed with what he saw and bowed out right away. Doesn't mean they can't make it work in the long run. Considering Zubov is steering the ship there is no lack of former greats too.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Apparently he is going through a not so good season. There were IIRC some out of shape issues at camp, then he was scratched a couple of times. And he is the only standout name there on paper.
Well, Vishnevsky was #1D on a team which played in conference finals.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Interesting day today. A couple of teams that didn't seem like they would win again, both notched identical 2-0 victories (Sibir over Magnitka, and Riga over Admiral), and a team that seems like it may never lose, won their 18th straight, 1-0 over Salavat.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
If Loko can hold onto this bunch of youngsters (probably thanks to the implementation of hard cap, hardness of which will always be questionable) they may indeed have a good shot at the Gagarin Cup in years to come. Honestly I never expected them to be that well. Avto now hosts Barys and then visits Cherepovets. Those two wins would have them equal the record of SKA. Win in Yaroslavl and they're our new record-breakers.

By the way, is this record about the "best start ever" or "most consecutive wins"? I'm sure SKA won 20 consecutive games one after another but was it indeed at the start of the season?

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
If Loko can hold onto this bunch of youngsters (probably thanks to the implementation of hard cap, hardness of which will always be questionable) they may indeed have a good shot at the Gagarin Cup in years to come. Honestly I never expected them to be that well. Avto now hosts Barys and then visits Cherepovets. Those two wins would have them equal the record of SKA. Win in Yaroslavl and they're our new record-breakers.

By the way, is this record about the "best start ever" or "most consecutive wins"? I'm sure SKA won 20 consecutive games one after another but was it indeed at the start of the season?
I think they already have the best start ever, SKA's was mid-season. CSKA has quietly amassed a long win-streak as well.

Reactions: hansomreiste

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
SKA's streak was at the start of the season, it ended on Oct. 11th. You can appreciate the difference in the schedule without Olympics, to repeat it Avto have to win on Oct. 19th.

With that streak last year SKA holds all the records: wins at the start of the season, undefeated at the start of the season, consecutive wins, etc.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
SKA's streak was at the start of the season, it ended on Oct. 11th. You can appreciate the difference in the schedule without Olympics, to repeat it Avto have to win on Oct. 19th.

With that streak last year SKA holds all the records: wins at the start of the season, undefeated at the start of the season, consecutive wins, etc.
My bet then, thought it was mid season.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Whats up with David Rundblad in Ska? Only two games so far. Injured or something? It's messed up that d-man like him at his age doesen't get to play more. And 2-way contract is a big joke. A huge joke from the leagues standpoint.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Whats up with David Rundblad in Ska? Only two games so far. Injured or something? It's messed up that d-man like him at his age doesen't get to play more. And 2-way contract is a big joke. A huge joke from the leagues standpoint.
Well, they need him as Hersley replacement if Hersley gets injured/tired. As one can tell from the extension he has signed Rundblad is fine with this role. So here we are, welcome to the SKA world. Karpov, another guy extended with a 2-way contract, has played 4 games thus far.

I think it's very possible we will see some of those guys in the VHL soon, maybe even tomorrow as both SKA and SKA-Neva play in St. Petersburg (you don't send out those guys to the VHL Asian trip) and they sent away Rykov and Altybarmakyan.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
CSKA's long winning streak comes to an end, as they lose 4-3 at home to Kunlun tonight. However, CSKA's 486,908,178,289 game streak of not scoring more than 3 goals in a game is alive and well.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
CSKA's long winning streak comes to an end, as they lose 4-3 at home to Kunlun tonight. However, CSKA's 486,908,178,289 game streak of not scoring more than 3 goals in a game is alive and well.
:laugh:

As funny as your post is, they scored 5 last game against Amur though. And have 19 in last 5. They are kinda moving to the right direction. Or so it seems when their top line is actually scoring. Others are terrible though, watching the game against Admiral was a soul-crushing experience.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
:laugh:

As funny as your post is, they scored 5 last game against Amur though. And have 19 in last 5. They are kinda moving to the right direction. Or so it seems when their top line is actually scoring. Others are terrible though, watching the game against Admiral was a soul-crushing experience.

CSKA should be punished mercilessly for inflicting the world's most boring hockey on generations of little kids.

Kinda wish I'd tuned into the Ak Bars-Jokerit game, instead of the Dynamo derby in Minsk.

Nice win for Slovan tonight too, as they have a little 4 game winning streak going.

Last edited:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Ex Omsk Nikolai Lemtyugov and goalie Ivan Lisutin signed for Medvescak. I assume they are on their last legs considering their move.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ex Omsk Nikolai Lemtyugov and goalie Ivan Lisutin signed for Medvescak. I assume they are on their last legs considering their move.
Actually, they aren't, especially Lisutin. It's going to be interesting to see how they fare in the EBEL but if they take it seriously they might be dominant. Lemtyugov can, however, end up being drunk a lot and playing some half-assed hockey in between. He is a gamble. Lisutin, however, is a solid goalie. A lot of team went for young backups this year in addition to KHL contraction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad