KHL Season 2018/2019

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
I've thought this for awhile, but today just confirmed it, that hockey players are the dumbest sacks of hammers on the planet.

Admiral was 6 minutes away from a huge win against Magnitka. They played great all game long, had a 3-2 lead with 6 to play, and really looked like they had the game well in hand. That is until aforementioned sack of hammers decided to backhand the puck, in the offensive zone and along the boards mind you, like a five year old, swinging his stick wildly, which of course hit a Magnitka player in the face, right in front of the ref. Ref calls a four minute penalty against five year old sack of hammers, pretty much 100% guaranteeing Magnitka would tie it up. Well in a shocking turn of events, Magnitka tied it up on said power play, and then with zero momentum left, Admiral gave up the winning goal with 40 seconds to play.

I repeat, hockey players are the dumbest sacks of hammers on the planet.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Quick question - what's the best way for a Canadian who doesn't speak/read any Russian to follow St Petersburg? Is there a English discussion board, or place highlights are posted?

I haven't really followed the KHL before but I'm (still) a big Yakupov fan so I'd like to follow his KHL path as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Quick question - what's the best way for a Canadian who doesn't speak/read any Russian to follow St Petersburg? Is there a English discussion board, or place highlights are posted?

I haven't really followed the KHL before but I'm (still) a big Yakupov fan so I'd like to follow his KHL path as much as possible.

Thanks in advance.
SKA has an ENG twitter account.

It is complicated with highlights. Video from the league´s website is geoblocked in Canada. Usually there are some gifs at SKA/KHL twitter, just a few.

DAZN broadcast a game or two per week.

Reactions: Aerrol

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe

Thanks in advance.

This forum is the best place for KHL news!

SKA have an english site too (in case you didn't see) SKA and check for KHL Daily in English on YT

Reactions: Aerrol

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Seriously spirited affair in Cherepovets tonight. There must have been 40 minutes in penalties called in the last five minutes of the game. Severstal hung on for the 2-1 win.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Traktor mascot returns to Earth from space and Traktor goes on a tear with a 7-2 win. Coincidence?:sarcasm:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Avtomobilist player stats from this season (i think today's games stats not included)

All Positions Defensemen Forwards C LW RW
#PLAYERGPGATPPIM+/-GPGATPPIM+/-
9.png
KHL
1.Dan Sexton (RW/LW)14871525|
2.Nigel Dawes (LW/RW)144111549|
3.Stéphane Da Costa (C/RW)14761345|
4.Anatoli Golyshev (LW/RW)14931226|
5.Francis Paré (C/W)14571228|
6.Ilya Krikunov (LW)14471180|
7.Ivan Vishnevsky (D)926887|
8.Alexander Kucheryavenko (C)1042663|
9.Vyacheslav Litovchenko (C/RW)1223546|
10.Yegor Milovzorov (RW)922426|
11.Georgi Belousov (LW)913463|
12.Kirill Lyamin (D)11202185|
13.Vitali Popov (C)1311222|
14.Mikhail Mamkin (D)1002226|
15.Nikita Tryamkin (D)11022103|
16.Yevgeni Chesalin (LW/RW)1302243|
17.Maxim Rasseikin (C)610100|
18.Yevgeni Grachyov (C/W)301120|
19.Nikolai Timashov (D)301160|
20.Georgi Misharin (D)501102|
21.Andrei Obidin (RW)5011142|
22.Yefim Gurkin (D)701144|
23.Denis Bodrov (D)901144|
24.Alexei Vasilevsky (D)1101161|
25.Stanislav Yegorshev (D)11011145|
26.Vladimir Kuznetsov (LW/RW)200000|
27.Daniil Valitov (D)400000|
28.Stepan Khripunov (C)500040|
29.Denis Yerkin (C)-----|
30.Semyon Perelyayev (D)-----|
31.Alexander Shchemerov (D)-----|
32.Alexander Torchenyuk (C)-----|
33.Artyom Gareyev (LW/RW)-----|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2018-2019 GOALTENDING STATS
#PLAYERGPGAASVS%GPGAASVS%
9.png
KHL
1.Jakub Kovar111.35.952|
2.Vladimir Sokhatsky41.67.930|
3.Vladislav Gross0--|
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I like Avto, just too much hinges on their imports, and Da Costa will NOT stay healthy for the whole season (I wish he does though, I really like his talents)

Will they keep rolling without him?

Also, what's with Torchenyuk and Gareev, why aren't they playing?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I like Avto, just too much hinges on their imports, and Da Costa will NOT stay healthy for the whole season (I wish he does though, I really like his talents)

Will they keep rolling without him?

Also, what's with Torchenyuk and Gareev, why aren't they playing?

Well they lost Golyshev, for starters, see how they will compensate. But at the same time, the team is very deep. They have Belousov playing on the 4th line, Gareev and Torch have been injured all season long.. Losing any of top guys would hurt as much as it would any team but it's not like they are a one line team. Sexton, who is their leading scorer, didn't even play with Da Costa and Dawes for the most time.

Torch got infamously injured in the first preseason game (they canceled the game midway through it because of it) and Gareev broke his foot in the preseason as well, he is out until November.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
One interesting moment... if SKA had 15-0 winning streak, people at forums would talk "how SKA buy the league" With Avtomobilist having such a winning streak, nobody talk "how Avto buy the league."

:huh:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
One interesting moment... if SKA had 15-0 winning streak, people at forums would talk "how SKA buy the league" With Avtomobilist having such a winning streak, nobody talk "how Avto buy the league."

:huh:

Well because SKA does buy it and Avto doesn't? Pretty simple really. Dawes and Sexton were basically kicked out of their teams and were free agents who needn't be bought and that's more or less all of their big-name signings. They haven't bought any RFAs and most of their roster played in Yekaterinburg for years.

The Avto's streak is exactly what's great about sports. Underdog achieving success thanks to the things they have done right. Do really think what SKA does somehow apply?

I honestly love your opinions. You think AHL is some huge villain yet evidently don't see any problem with what SKA does.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Well because SKA does buy it and Avto doesn't? Pretty simple really. Dawes and Sexton were basically kicked out of their teams and were free agents who needn't be bought and that's more or less all of their big-name signings. They haven't bought any RFAs and most of their roster played in Yekaterinburg for years.

The Avto's streak is exactly what's great about sports. Underdog achieving success thanks to the things they have done right. Do really think what SKA does somehow apply?

I honestly love your opinions. You think AHL is some huge villain yet evidently don't see any problem with what SKA does.
“Hockey is a small sport. We need the Olympics to grow,” said Helber who also would like to see an agreement that would keep young players in Europe longer and would compensate the European clubs better.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
“Hockey is a small sport. We need the Olympics to grow,” said Helber who also would like to see an agreement that would keep young players in Europe longer and would compensate the European clubs better.
Says vorky completely missing the meaty part of my posts, completely ignoring his nonsensical comparison between Avto and SKA.

I'd like you to explain how the team with a roughly 5th biggest budget in the conference is buying the league.

Reactions: Jussi

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
What ska does is disgusting, it's worse than anybody really, even today's CSKA does not come near, ska has a myriad of farm teams (MHL, VHL, KHL), they just shuffle players around, they keep players, they need, may need, might need, and won't need, they prey on teams which went bust (Atlant), the prey on teams, which get demoted (Yugra), on every level they poach young talent, old talent, etc...They are disgusting and are a biggest problem for the league and the sport of hockey in Russia.

Раунд :)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Says vorky completely missing the meaty part of my posts, completely ignoring his nonsensical comparison between Avto and SKA.

I'd like you to explain how the team with a roughly 5th biggest budget in the conference is buying the league.
I did not compare Avto and SKA. I just said how would fans & media & all behave if SKA having 15-0 winning streak.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
is dmitri makarov still active as a player? love that chubby guy. his last stop was yugra

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
is dmitri makarov still active as a player? love that chubby guy. his last stop was yugra
He isn't. Well he didn't announce his retirement officially but since he was never the fittest guy out there I think he is done.

Reactions: aonb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad