KHL Season 2018/2019

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Not official yet, but Jokerit confirmed home games in Tallin (26 & 28 Oct)

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
I really don't get the point of playing a game in Zurich... The National League is just as good as the KHL and nobody and I mean nobody cares about the KHL in Switzerland. They should go to the UK or France if they want to showcase their league to non-hockey countries. I just hope that no Swiss team will join the KHL in the future.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I really don't get the point of playing a game in Zurich... The National League is just as good as the KHL and nobody and I mean nobody cares about the KHL in Switzerland. They should go to the UK or France if they want to showcase their league to non-hockey countries. I just hope that no Swiss team will join the KHL in the future.
I will comment bodl part. If there is European expansion, Switzerland and Germany are nr.1 and nr.2 in the list. We will see.

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
Alexei Cherepanov Award for the BEST ROOKIE

Vitaly KRAVTSOV, (Traktor Chelyabinsk)

This is KHL! :laugh:

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
They should go to the UK or France if they want to showcase their league to non-hockey countries.

Excuse me! Only two of the founding members of the IIHF!

But yeah i don't think the Swiss need the KHL. Their league is very good and very stable.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Oh my, finally! They are playing both conferences on the same day, allowing people to watch two games a day; instead of putting all four conference games on the same slot and forcing everyone to watch only one. Way to go, KHL. Good job. Very hopeful of the progress.

Though I don't understand why Slovan and Riga play two games in a different city, losing their home advantage. When NHL plays abroad, they make sure that both teams are on equal footing. For example, if Vancouver is playing Los Angeles in China "at home", then they play another game in a different city, where Los Angeles takes the "home" and such. According to KHL's schedule, Slovan will have to play CSKA and SKA out of their own home with nothing to gain. Interesting.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Oh my, finally! They are playing both conferences on the same day, allowing people to watch two games a day; instead of putting all four conference games on the same slot and forcing everyone to watch only one. Way to go, KHL. Good job. Very hopeful of the progress.
Perhaps, they are reading HFB :D

Though I don't understand why Slovan and Riga play two games in a different city, losing their home advantage. When NHL plays abroad, they make sure that both teams are on equal footing. For example, if Vancouver is playing Los Angeles in China "at home", then they play another game in a different city, where Los Angeles takes the "home" and such. According to KHL's schedule, Slovan will have to play CSKA and SKA out of their own home with nothing to gain. Interesting.
It is easy to explain. Sanctions. The KHL as Russian legal entity has a problem to sign a deal with European arenas. Therefore they needed EU clubs, Riga & Slovan, which sign a deal with these European arenas. That is why Slovan & Riga are listed as home teams.

Reactions: McCoy

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
What do you think guys about the tickets price for each game? Want to see one of them in Vienna and I have to prepare a trip budget (more or less of course)
Vienna Capitals season ticket holders receive a voucher for 2 tickets of these KHL games, which value (per Capitals website) is cca 50 EUR.

einen Gutschein für zwei Tickets (Wert: ca. € 50,-) für eines der beiden KHL Regular Season Spiele, welche Ende Oktober 2018 in der Erste Bank Arena stattfinden werden.

a voucher for two tickets (value: approx. € 50, -) for one of the two KHL regular season games, which will take place at the end of October 2018 in the Erste Bank Arena.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
What? 50€ for a KHL game? Seriously? How much does it approximately cost to see a game in EBEL? 50€ is ridiculously expensive for hockey in European standards.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
What? 50€ for a KHL game? Seriously? How much does it approximately cost to see a game in EBEL? 50€ is ridiculously expensive for hockey in European standards.

have to agree. its frickin khl lol

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well it's for 2 tickets. To the KHL game in the relatively small arena. EBEL tickets probably are 15-25 euros which is very reasonable and what one would expect. Tickets to this special event being a bit pricier.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
If I get it, it is for two tickets, so one for 25 EUR. If I get it, Vienna Capitals ticket costs from 15 to 28 EUR for new season. Jokerit´s pre-season game ticket costs 10 to 15 EUR. So, the sum of 25 EUR is not so bad.

E: SoundAndFury was faster.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Where I can find list of Vityaz's pre-season games ?
here

It should be updated during pre-season. You can try Russian version and here as well, which I guess will be updated faster.

E:
here is Vityaz´s website.

vs Italy, 2.8, in Italy
vs Magnitka, 4.8, in Ga-Pa, Germany
vs Lustenau, 12.8, in Lustenau, Austria
vs Innsbruck, 15.8, in Innsbruck, Austria

Lehner Cup 2018
vs Ambri, 17.8
vs Adler, 19.8

Moscow Mayor Cup
vs CSKA, 23.8
vs Dynamo, 25.8
vs Spartak, 26.8

Last edited:

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
According to russian media the Omask arena might collapse. Litteraly. We'll see if they relocate for the upcoming season or something...

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
According to russian media the Omask arena might collapse. Litteraly. We'll see if they relocate for the upcoming season or something...
It won't collapse, but it has to be at least reevaluted. Obviously you can't hold events there if there is even the slightest security concern. I think one austrian general contractor should answer some unpleasant questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad