KHL Season 20/21

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Razin is becoming one of the most annoying KHL personalities with all his Instagram activity though :laugh: But I think Severstal looks best out of those 3 teams currently and they will make it. I don't know what happened to them in Sochi though.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
After the regulation win against Barys, Sibir basically bury their hopes against Neftekhimik. Baring some kind of minor miracle playoff teams in the East are set.

91Fedorov91

Apr 20, 2016
California
Watching a khl game for the first time and was curious why are there 2 people standing up in front of the players on each side of the bench?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Naumenkov, turns out, is pretty good offensively... Which is something he never got to show in Moscow.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Kochetkov starts his Torpedo career with a shutout (and a loss). Interesting. Torpedo would be a pretty scary team with a good goalie.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Kochetkov starts his Torpedo career with a shutout (and a loss). Interesting. Torpedo would be a pretty scary team with a good goalie.

I don't follow the KHL too closely, do you have any insight on how much opportunity there is for starts for Kochetkov with Torpedo? Seems like he never played for Vityaz

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't follow the KHL too closely, do you have any insight on how much opportunity there is for starts for Kochetkov with Torpedo? Seems like he never played for Vityaz
Kochetkov simply played himself out of relevance in Podolsk. He was given some starts and was terrible, sent to the VHL and still not very good. But if he has shaken off that funk and performs he has all the opportunities to become Torpedo's #1. After all, that's why they acquired him in the first place. The other goalies on the team just aren't KHL starter material.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Naumenkov, turns out, is pretty good offensively... Which is something he never got to show in Moscow.
I've got critisized a lot by certain people for claiming this wasn't a bad, forced, wicked conspiracy, whatever trade for Salavat.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I've got critisized a lot by certain people for claiming this wasn't a bad, forced, wicked conspiracy, whatever trade for Salavat.
That was a bad trade and you agreed with it, as far as I can recall. But you were right about Naumenkov, he has his uses, not a complete dump.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Best young D or F that could one day make the NHL?

How does Ilya Morozov look, for instance.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Best young D or F that could one day make the NHL?

How does Ilya Morozov look, for instance.
Look through the breakout players thread, I think most noteworthy players are mentioned here.

Morozov was sent to the VHL by Sibir, which tells all you need to know I think.

Tenkkapoo

Jul 28, 2020
Foreigners are again pretty much dominating the scoring in the KHL.

14 out of top 20 scoring forwards in the KHL are not Russian.

13 out of top 20 scoring defensemen in the KHL are not Russian.

Gone are the days when the KHL had Russian stars such as Mozyakin, Radulov, Morozov, Zaripov, Zinovyev, Panarin, Dadonov, Gusev, Kovalchuk etc.

Who are the best Russian centers in the KHL right now. Probably Datsyuk and Shipachyov who are 42 and 33 years old.

Russia does not produce players who can be stars in their own league anymore. Those who are talented enough leave to North America at 13-17 and for different reasons most of them bust out. Those who stay in Russia are not good enough to begin with.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Foreigners are again pretty much dominating the scoring in the KHL.

14 out of top 20 scoring forwards in the KHL are not Russian.

13 out of top 20 scoring defensemen in the KHL are not Russian.

Gone are the days when the KHL had Russian stars such as Mozyakin, Radulov, Morozov, Zaripov, Zinovyev, Panarin, Dadonov, Gusev, Kovalchuk etc.

Who are the best Russian centers in the KHL right now. Probably Datsyuk and Shipachyov who are 42 and 33 years old.

Russia does not produce players who can be stars in their own league anymore. Those who are talented enough leave to North America at 13-17 and for different reasons most of them bust out. Those who stay in Russia are not good enough to begin with.

You are correct. Because top/middle level jump ship at junior age to NA and either succeed in NA and stay there or come back as damaged goods only third tier prospects are left to become their KHL leaders.

Reactions: Tenkkapoo

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Damn, Esa Pirnes is a name I have not heard in like forever and not the first name I would associate with KHL at all.

Tenkkapoo

Jul 28, 2020
You are correct. Because top/middle level jump ship at junior age to NA and either succeed in NA and stay there or come back as damaged goods only third tier prospects are left to become their KHL leaders.
And it is entirely Russia's hockey federation's fault that this has happened. This sh1t was been going on for years and they have done nothing to prevent the kids from leaving.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
And it is entirely Russia's hockey federation's fault that this has happened. This sh1t was been going on for years and they have done nothing to prevent the kids from leaving.
Yeah, giving people freedom of choice.. How pitiful.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00