KHL Season 20/21

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
There are rumours saying that Kunlun Red Star Beijing are thinking of playing their home games in Moscow for at least the first part of 2020-21. Can anyone confirm that?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
There are rumours saying that Kunlun Red Star Beijing are thinking of playing their home games in Moscow for at least the first part of 2020-21. Can anyone confirm that?
I can confirm the rumours:nod:

It is said it is due to possible travel restrictions that they are exploring options.

Reactions: rohky

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
According to Michal Cajkovsky, Dynamo Moscow players will meet on 10th July to start training. This depends on the coronavirus situation. Any same news from other KHL clubs?

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
All KHL clubs applied for next season. I was worrying about Dinamo Minsk and Sibir Novosibirsk but it looks like they will play next season.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
It's really becoming a joke for Kunlun now. Sure the excuse is the virus this time but when will the Beijing team actually play out of Beijing?

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
According to some Russian media, they could even disappear from the league. Same as Dinamo Riga.

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Ak Bars unveils season preparation plan. Does anyone know anything about the plans of other teams?

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Jokerit is planning to let a limited number of fans into the stands at the start of the season. I wonder what will other KHL clubs do?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Jokerit is planning to let a limited number of fans into the stands at the start of the season. I wonder what will other KHL clubs do?

I think bigger issue might be whether Russian teams can even travel to Finland or Jokerit back and forth. Russia is not on the list of countries whose citizens can travel freely into EU countries.

Reactions: KTl and rohky

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Interesting move from Sean Finn - he will be Youth Hockey Development Director at Avangard Omsk. This is going to strengthen youth training.

mkev400

Jul 21, 2016
Interesting move from Sean Finn - he will be Youth Hockey Development Director at Avangard Omsk. This is going to strengthen youth training.

I mean, you would hope so... Otherwise signing a new Youth Development Director is a little pointless.:naughty:

To be fair, the most curious change in the front office by Avangard was that they hired Igor Eronko as Assistant GM. Especially for a team that is among the stronger and more ambitious teams in the league, I thought it was a little curious that they hired a journalist, with no major experience in Hockey Ops, for the job.

Reactions: rohky

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Vityaz will remain in the KHL but all players and coaches will be reduced salaries by 20 percent. Sign of the times ...

Reactions: Rigafan

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Is there a start date confirmed for the khl regular season and training camp?

Nope. They're still figuring out how they're going to play with a pandemic going on and teams not being able to travel to Finland, apart from Riga, though they're being forced to move to Russia it seems.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
5 teams have not paid salaries from last season yet, according to Morozov at KHL website. Biggest issues at Vityaz and Amur.

- Do any clubs have debts on salaries of players for the previous season?
- Yes, unfortunately, there are clubs that have not fulfilled their obligations for the past season in full. There are only five of them, but the situation is worrying only in two: Vityaz and Amur. At the moment, we have a repayment schedule from Vityaz, and we carefully monitor the schedule.

Pekka Jormakka confirmed to Ilta-Sanomat that all players have not received salaries from 3 months: https://www.is.fi/khl/art-2000006572298.html?ref=rss

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Amur's situation is quite chaotic now with the local governor Furgal under arrest and the club having to take distance to him.

Reactions: KTl

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Without assistance from the local authorities they have hardly any sources of funding left, in recent days Mogilny and several players have publicly appealed to fans to stop protesting against the government in Moscow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad