KHL Season 20/21

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
That is the sole reason he is with us.
That's my thoughts as well. Obviously, the whole Cormier-Frattin thing as a 2nd line failed pretty hard but Cormier is still a pretty useful utility player which lessened the need to get rid of him. Not too many natural centers in the league with the package he brings.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
He will not crack their line up, unless they finally realize that you can't win a cup with a great forward group and below average D. If they trade (somehowe) Tavares ....But I still think, Amirov is way too raw to move to NA

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He will not crack their line up, unless they finally realize that you can't win a cup with a great forward group and below average D. If they trade (somehowe) Tavares ....But I still think, Amirov is way too raw to move to NA
I think it's way more simple than it seems. They offered him easily achievable bonuses (Leafs aren't exactly short on money) and it just made financial sense for him, even if he plays for the Marlies majority of the time. Also Toronto's D is fairly solid. Personel-wise, it's arguable getting into the very good territory, not below average.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
@Atas2000
your thoughts on Pesonen? he just sucks on KHL lvl? haven't watched Ak Bars games in the last weeks but 1G+3A in 12GP doesn't look great

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
@Atas2000
your thoughts on Pesonen? he just sucks on KHL lvl? haven't watched Ak Bars games in the last weeks but 1G+3A in 12GP doesn't look great
It's kinda tough to adjust not only to the KHL, but to the team and coaching style too. So at this point I would not say he is a total bust signing, BUT I would expect him to improve going forward or else he is a failed signing indeed. Right now he looks like a bottom six player and not one of the better ones on the team. He was given opportunity to prove his worth quite a bit. With PP time and linemates. He does not seem to be able to produce for now and is sliding down the chart.

Last edited:
Reactions: aonb

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I think it's way more simple than it seems. They offered him easily achievable bonuses (Leafs aren't exactly short on money) and it just made financial sense for him, even if he plays for the Marlies majority of the time. Also Toronto's D is fairly solid. Personel-wise, it's arguable getting into the very good territory, not below average.
you are correct, I was saying below average, but thinking below average vs other contenders.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It is not possible at all. Amur & Admiral will play, as it was a case in the past. Morozov just replied to the question if there is a general partner for Amur (discussed in press). Amur has been playing without a general partner for years, I see no reason why anything should change this summer.

Reactions: TommySalo

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
It is not possible at all. Amur & Admiral will play, as it was a case in the past. Morozov just replied to the question if there is a general partner for Amur (discussed in press). Amur has been playing without a general partner for years, I see no reason why anything should change this summer.
Aren't they bankrolled by the regional government? As long as they want to have Amur in the league, they're not going anywhere

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Aren't they bankrolled by the regional government? As long as they want to have Amur in the league, they're not going anywhere
As I know, Amur is supported by Khabarovsk Krai. The story is as follows, Mikhail Degtyarev was named the Acting Governor of Khabarovsk Krai in July 2020. Afterwards, he said to media that he will try to find a general partner for Amur because he became de iure the head of the club (as acting governor). Now, a journalist asked Morozov what is the development with Amur. I would not search for anything else in the recent Morozov´s statement as quoted by Sport24. No reason to make a drama from it.

Reactions: Exarz

Poiquets

Oct 17, 2019
I think Jokerit will be in trouble against Dynamo Moscow.

Jokerit keep drawing a lot of penalties and against a team with the caliber of firepower like Dynamo, that could be costly.

Jaskin, Shipachyov and Kagarlitsky have finally started to find eachothers as a three man unit, Lindberg and Pääjärvi provide very high quality depth and they also have some offensive power in ther defenders Hietanen and Cajkovsky.

Jokerit played the last minutes of the game against Minsk without O’Neill, Regin, Joensuu, Haapala, Norman, and Lindbäck. Dynamo does not have substantial absences.

1-4 Dynamo

Poiquets

Oct 17, 2019
Do you guys know if the CSKA squad from yesterday could be Covid-related or just to rest some players?

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Jokerit will play all of their play-off matches away to avoid any border hassles with the visiting teams. Probably better for the players as well, they enjoy playing in front of a live audience instead of an empty arena.

Reactions: vorky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->