KHL Season 20/21

Tenkkapoo

Jul 28, 2020
Yeah, giving people freedom of choice.. How pitiful.
They have to think about the future of Russian hockey. This should be their number one priority. If this means making it more difficult for the kids to leave then that should be done.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
They have to think about the future of Russian hockey. This should be their number one priority. If this means making it more difficult for the kids to leave then that should be done.
Yes, because it's hockey that is the goal, not the people. That's the Russian way alright, people come last.

Tenkkapoo

Jul 28, 2020
Yes, because it's hockey that is the goal, not the people. That's the Russian way alright, people come last.
I don't see any problem here. Some suggestions:

1. Force 14-15 year old players to sign long contracts with their current clubs. They either sign or have to quit competitive hockey in Russia. The contracts should not expire before a player turns 21 or is drafted by an NHL team.
2. Ban players who left Russia before turning 18 from playing professional hockey in Russia if they fail in North America and want to return.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
LOL Freedom of choice, people...

The "russian way" has lead us to build the most liberal and free country in the world right now. It is far from perfect, but your naive attempts to turn it upside down are hilarous.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I don't see any problem here. Some suggestions:

1. Force 14-15 year old players to sign long contracts with their current clubs. They either sign or have to quit competitive hockey in Russia. The contracts should not expire before a player turns 21 or is drafted by an NHL team.
2. Ban players who left Russia before turning 18 from playing professional hockey in Russia if they fail in North America and want to return.

In ex-Yugoslavia there was rule where you couldn't go abroad before you are 28 years old. It applied to all sports.

Tenkkapoo

Jul 28, 2020
In ex-Yugoslavia there was rule where you couldn't go abroad before you are 28 years old. It applied to all sports.
There should not be any laws banning Russian players going abroad, but as I said make the decision for them harder.

1. If a player wants to go abroad he has to do it before he turns 15, because if he signs a contract after he turns 15 he will be bind to his club until he turns 21 or is drafted to the NHL. Contracts shorter than that are prohibited.
2. If a player goes abroad before he turns 15 then he is not allowed play professional hockey in Russia in his lifetime.

Simple rules, but effective. But the Russian hockey federation is probably too incompetent to implement a plan like this.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
And it is entirely Russia's hockey federation's fault that this has happened. This sh1t was been going on for years and they have done nothing to prevent the kids from leaving.
Well, they can't do anything about it, the world has changed, and players cannot be held against their own will, just like they were in SU. What needs to be changed, and we talked about it here at length, is the rules of transactions, to resemble those of soccer. But it's not easy to do, when NA refuses to pay the true value for players.

Reactions: Exarz

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
There should not be any laws banning Russian players going abroad, but as I said make the decision for them harder.

1. If a player wants to go abroad he has to do it before he turns 15, because if he signs a contract after he turns 15 he will be bind to his club until he turns 21 or is drafted to the NHL. Contracts shorter than that are prohibited.
2. If a player goes abroad before he turns 15 then he is not allowed play professional hockey in Russia in his lifetime.

Simple rules, but effective. But the Russian hockey federation is probably too incompetent to implement a plan like this.

I don't agree with this implementation.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
e382703a70e38de2e327908822d99d43.jpg

Reactions: Exarz

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
LOL Freedom of choice, people...

The "russian way" has lead us to build the most liberal and free country in the world right now. It is far from perfect, but your naive attempts to turn it upside down are hilarous.

Haha, strong statement))

How did you come to this conclusion may I ask?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Still a period left but Vityaz seem to be completely out of steam. Pretty terrible performance in a must-must-must win game against Sochi.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I knew this jinx will work, never fails :laugh: Understandably it was a tough game, Sochi had 3 days to rest and prepare but in these kind of games, skill players need to take over and be the difference... They did. The race for 8th place still very much on. Daugavins records his best season in the KHL.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Askarov losses the stick allows a goal, this is becoming humorous...for god's sake, I hope he fixes this in the offseason, or we are in for another sad WJC

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Last 6 Sochi's games

1:5 L (Shmelyov)
3:0 W (Shmelyov, Mishchenko, Rudenkov)
2:3 L (Shmelyov, Kolgotin)
1:2 L (Shmelyov)
3:1 L (Shmelyov)
4:2 L (Shmelyov, Shmelyov)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: one man army

e: also 6 times in a row he scored first goal for his team. has anyone done this in the past? I will be very surprised if so

Last edited:

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
What is wrong with Spartak? They have money, they have good squad IMHO but they are on the way to lost play-off spot. I was hoping for more this season.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
What is wrong with Spartak? They have money, they have good squad IMHO but they are on the way to lost play-off spot. I was hoping for more this season.
Spartak's relative struggles aren't that surprising, honestly. The defensive squad is legitimately very not good, let's put it that way and has been hampered by injuries all year long making it even weaker. Under those circumstances, Hudacek becomes the only goalie who can make enough saves to give the team even a fighting chance, nevermind the wins. Playing Hudacek compromises scoring depth which relies heavily on imports. The collection of old guys (which Znarok teams are known for liking/carrying) were all given/projected bigger roles than they can handle (Bespalov, Zubarev, Kuteikin, Rylov, Zubov) and here we are.

Some of it is bad luck and hindsight, of course, but most of it they have brought it upon themselves. Nobody would have looked at that defensive squad before the season and thought "yeah, this is good good". One could have hoped it will be good enough if all their veterans performed at their best but what were the chances? Zubarev hasn't had a real season/responsibilities for 3 years, Kuteikin is 36 and was injured for 1/3 of the season last year already and Rylov just reverted to his usual self after miracle season last year.

Reactions: Witte49

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
I've never noticed ridiculous face-offs stats of Patrice Cormier. 64.7% this season (won 17 out of 18 in last game against Avto) and i thought its a master class, meanwhile he had 66,8% last year (from 689 FO taken).

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I've never noticed ridiculous face-offs stats of Patrice Cormier. 64.7% this season (won 17 out of 18 in last game against Avto) and i thought its a master class, meanwhile he had 66,8% last year (from 689 FO taken).
That is the sole reason he is with us. Come playoffs I want him and maybe another center on the ice for a key faceoff. after that he might as well head for the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad