Player Discussion Kevan Miller - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
All due respect to him, I’ll take Miller with no knees over Moore with both

I also don’t see much downside to even giving him a healthy AHL deal for either side if he’s deadest on playing.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I’m okay with giving him a cheap 2 way deal but seems like he’s made of glass at this point in his career.

I’d certainly rather Miller over Moore but I’d rather give a young guy a chance over either of them.

Reactions: Gordoff and duffy

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I would rather have Borowiecki than Miller. He is available.

- He is 2 yrs younger
- A left dee
- A lot healthier player and plays the same way

Reactions: Gordoff and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I would rather have Borowiecki than Miller. He is available.

- He is 2 yrs younger
- A left dee
- A lot healthier player and plays the same way

I'd say Borowiecki's hockey IQ is also higher. Miller had the oddest combination of constantly making the routine plays harder by coughing up the puck in the worst possible way, and the hard plays were impossibilities. The ironic part is that despite constantly mishandling the puck, he got bailed out 99% of the time by his teammates or goalie.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'd give him a PTO and see what he makes of it. Could surprise some people and wouldn't cost anything if it didn't work out.

See, I'm a hard pass on this guy now. We've all seen this movie too many times and there's no reason to ever count on him to stay in the lineup based on his long term track record. And that doesn't even take into consideration how little hockey he's played over the last 3 years. Rusty would be the understatement of the decade...:laugh:

Reactions: Gordoff and BamZoni

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
See, I'm a hard pass on this guy now. We've all seen this movie too many times and there's no reason to ever count on him to stay in the lineup based on his long term track record. And that doesn't even take into consideration how little hockey he's played over the last 3 years. Rusty would be the understatement of the decade...:laugh:

I would have loved to talk to you about hockey in the 70's !!

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I would have loved to talk to you about hockey in the 70's !!

Watched so many games with my dad back then. Loved me some hard working, hard nosed guys and the Bruins roster was filled top to bottom with those kinds of players. You see the classic games on NHL network now, and you realize two things. One, the video quality and tv viewing product sucked big time. And two, the players were all so slow compared to the skating in today's game. Physicality for days though.

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
If he’s healthy then no reason not to keep him in the fold - brings a lot of what they lack. Think a lot in here are underselling him because it’s been so long since we’ve seen him play. If he can play like he did pre injury he’d be a huge asset to the roster.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Watched so many games with my dad back then. Loved me some hard working, hard nosed guys and the Bruins roster was filled top to bottom with those kinds of players. You see the classic games on NHL network now, and you realize two things. One, the video quality and tv viewing product sucked big time. And two, the players were all so slow compared to the skating in today's game. Physicality for days though.

I remember seeing a guy wearing #4 that skated really fast.

Reactions: Dr Hook and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I remember seeing a guy wearing #4 that skated really fast.

No doubt. There were guys like Orr and Lafleur that could skate like the wind, but I'm talking more collectively across the entire league. Skating for even the bottom feeders these days is further ahead of the 70s overall, imo. I mean shit, Espo couldn't skate for a lick, but he could snipe all day long. These days, he'd be behind most plays by a lot.

Reactions: Gordoff

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
No doubt. There were guys like Orr and Lafleur that could skate like the wind, but I'm talking more collectively across the entire league. Skating for even the bottom feeders these days is further ahead of the 70s overall, imo. I mean shit, Espo couldn't skate for a lick, but he could snipe all day long. These days, he'd be behind most plays by a lot.
Who knows . . . If he trained like they do these days there’s no telling what he’d be.

Reactions: Gordoff and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Who knows . . . If he trained like they do these days there’s no telling what he’d be.

Well sure, modern training practices would certainly level the field to an extent. So would making enough money by playing hockey to not need a second job, working out year round, not choking darts down on the bench, and not smashing a case of beer a night too. All of that would help, but it would also make the game from the 70s less entertaining. lol

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Roadrunner, if he catches you you're through!

Yvon.PNG

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Well sure, modern training practices would certainly level the field to an extent. So would making enough money by playing hockey to not need a second job, working out year round, not choking darts down on the bench, and not smashing a case of beer a night too. All of that would help, but it would also make the game from the 70s less entertaining. lol

Yeah, guys taking a smoke break in the tunnel between shifts :laugh: The 70s...fun times and we'll never see them again. Made hockey what it was though, and it was how I got introduced to the sport.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Would live to see sone of todays fine tuned machines keep up with the old school lifestyle - be like filling up a Prius with kerosene.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'd give him a PTO and see what he makes of it. Could surprise some people and wouldn't cost anything if it didn't work out.

I don't know- again, he could have a good camp, take a roster spot, get a contract and then off he goes to the injured list in two weeks. I think it's just time for him to walk away. Let him try another team that wants to take the risk if they are willing. He had a lot of chances here to stay healthy. Not saying it is his fault, but the Bruins stuck by him and he couldn't get back. They gave him a four year deal at age 28 and he played less than two season's worth of games in that time.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad