Player Discussion Kevan Miller - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I think what’s most likely is Miller is sidelined and Clifton, who’s skating again, returns refreshed and more “Cliffy Hockey” like he was before the injury and slump. Miller says he’ll be back, but I’m still not sure about that. Also, how effective is he going to be? Will he even be playing his same style or brand of hockey?
I like Cliffy but Miller is a better player

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I like Cliffy but Miller is a better player
Prime Miller vs what we’ve seen from Cliffy, I guess you could say that. I believe Cliffy has a lot more to show us as he matures and becomes stronger.

I would say Miller in his current form is probably not a better player than Cliffy in his current form. Assuming not playing hockey for a year and coming back from two knee injuries will effect him the way it would most players or humans.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Prime Miller vs what we’ve seen from Cliffy, I guess you could say that. I believe Cliffy has a lot more to show us as he matures and becomes stronger.

I would say Miller in his current form is probably not a better player than Cliffy in his current form. Assuming not playing hockey for a year and coming back from two knee injuries will effect him the way it would most players or humans.
I disagree but that is OK.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I think what’s most likely is Miller is sidelined and Clifton, who’s skating again, returns refreshed and more “Cliffy Hockey” like he was before the injury and slump. Miller says he’ll be back, but I’m still not sure about that. Also, how effective is he going to be? Will he even be playing his same style or brand of hockey?

The odds sure are against him. 32, serious knee injuries, been off skates for a long time, a lot of tough physical mileage on his body.

But man, I am hoping he pulls it off.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The odds sure are against him. 32, serious knee injuries, been off skates for a long time, a lot of tough physical mileage on his body.

But man, I am hoping he pulls it off.

He's had all that time for the rest of his body to heal in addition to his knee. I would say right now he should probably be in the best shape he's been in for the past several years- with the last 6-7 offseasons shortened due to playoff runs I'm sure Miller & others who play a rugged style couldn't fully heal in time for the upcoming season.

Reactions: Ladyfan and sleepyh

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He's had all that time for the rest of his body to heal in addition to his knee. I would say right now he should probably be in the best shape he's been in for the past several years- with the last 6-7 offseasons shortened due to playoff runs I'm sure Miller & others who play a rugged style couldn't fully heal in time for the upcoming season.

The question is really can he get his mobility and skating stride back 100% and how much durability does he have in the knee. He could feel great physically but still not be able to skate like he once did, and find that his knee can't stand up to the day to day abuse of NHL hockey. We'll see.

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Fair! I hope he comes back as strong as ever, I love me some Kevan Miller hockey. Hell if anyone can come back strong from a devastating injury it’s that tough SOB.
Kevan is a real leader on the bench.

Cliffy is fun to watch and I do like him. I feel he is a bit reckless.

Kevan is a smart player IMO.

B's need both healthy

Reactions: BigGoalBrad and BMC

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

B's need both healthy

Biggest problem for Miller has always been that his hands betray him too often.

Having not played for so long could really exasperate that trait.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

B's need both healthy

I am a Clifton fan but give me Miller’s intangibles for 6th D man. But can he regain his mobility for the playoffs. Clifton plays if Miller can’t get over 80%.

Reactions: Ladyfan

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Huh? In the last 6 years they have missed the playoffs twice and lost in the first round once. The only real long playoff run they had was last year and he was injured and missed it. I would love for him to come back healthy and contribute, but to say that all of the long playoff runs contributed to his injuries just isn’t true.

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
Did a binge watch of McQuaid and Miller fights on YouTube and miss the guy. Whats the latest with his injury? If season pushed back in the summer any chance he gets back?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins defenseman Kevan Miller recovering from yet another setback, surgery

Over a year since the 32-year-old broke his kneecap in the B's penultimate game of the 2018-19 regular season, and still looking to get back on the ice for his first game since that incident (and another break while attempting a comeback), Miller revealed that he recently underwent another surgery following yet another setback.

“I’m still rehabbing,” Miller, who underwent the surgery eight weeks ago, said during a Town Hall video chat with Bruins season-ticket holders on Thursday. “I was on a good trajectory there -- I was skating and whatnot -- then I had a setback."

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Bruins defenseman Kevan Miller recovering from yet another setback, surgery

Over a year since the 32-year-old broke his kneecap in the B's penultimate game of the 2018-19 regular season, and still looking to get back on the ice for his first game since that incident (and another break while attempting a comeback), Miller revealed that he recently underwent another surgery following yet another setback.

“I’m still rehabbing,” Miller, who underwent the surgery eight weeks ago, said during a Town Hall video chat with Bruins season-ticket holders on Thursday. “I was on a good trajectory there -- I was skating and whatnot -- then I had a setback."
That's just such a shame. Beginning to sound like Kluzak or Neely scenario. Gutty effort to make it back, but it's hard to imagine a kneecap that can't hold up through training and rehab is going to stand the rigors of full contact games. K Miller is a warrior. I wish him well however this plays out.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Have to feel for the guy at this point. Sucks to say, but he should look at calling it a career because his body isn't tolerating what he's trying to put it through.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I feel so bad for him. :( I'll be amazed if he is able to return at some point but it sure seems less likely by the day.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Great leader, great person, loved his tough, no nonsense style of play. It's a shame this his career was cut short but I think his body is giving him the signal that his time as an NHL player is done. He could pursue different aspects in his life... he seems like a smart guy and could make his living with the outdoor lifestyle apparel line he and Marchand started and turn it into something bigger. Hell, he could probably be a hockey coach if he wanted to or a scout with the organization, something I think McQuaid was considering doing before the world went to shit.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
He's cursed with bad luck. In his rookie season he was put in an unfair situation and forced into the lineup due to injury and got picked on by the Habs. Then later he just kept getting freak injury after freak injury. He's a real gritty guy, turned out to be a solid defender. Just had no luck at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->