Player Discussion Kevan Miller - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Really wonder why his fighting is down so much. Wish he would have stepped up in McQuaid's absence. I truly wonder if the injury he gave Moen and Vitale as well as his own shoulder injury stop him from fighting more often

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Played a great game last night- he is seriously underrated.

He should be #1of players the Bruins should move on from . He is at best a #6 Dman . Playing Miller only hurts the development of a Dman that could help the Bruins. Any team playing Miller in there top six needs an upgrade on D

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He should be #1of players the Bruins should move on from . He is at best a #6 Dman . Playing Miller only hurts the development of a Dman that could help the Bruins. Any team playing Miller in there top six needs an upgrade on D

A cheap and tough bottom pairing defenseman who can log big minutes on the PK is something the team needs and will need even more in the coming years as Chara and Seidenberg continue down their career path.

He had a great game last night- I'm sorry that is so painful for people to admit. Come to think of it last night was great for all the usual whipping boys.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
A cheap and tough bottom pairing defenseman who can log big minutes on the PK is something the team needs and will need even more in the coming years.

He had a great game last night- I'm sorry that is so painful for people to admit. Come to think of it last night was great for all the usual whipping boys.

The main issue people have with him is we have 4 6's at the moment at RHD. He has the least potential of all 3. If he was exclusively a 6 and this team didn't have McQuaid or Trotman both vying for that spot. Sure, keep him for under 2 million a year.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
A cheap and tough bottom pairing defenseman who can log big minutes on the PK is something the team needs and will need even more in the coming years.

He had a great game last night- I'm sorry that is so painful for people to admit.

I agree :A cheap and tough bottom pairing defenseman who can log big minutes on the PK is something the team needs and will need even more in the coming years.

Problem is Miller is not that guy

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I agree :A cheap and tough bottom pairing defenseman who can log big minutes on the PK is something the team needs and will need even more in the coming years.

How do you figure?

He is cheap

He is tough

He does log big minutes on the PK

Last edited:

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
How do you figure?

He is cheap

He is tough

He does log big minutes on the PK

He does log big minutes on the PK But should he. If Miller is playing it simply a statement of how BAD the D is. How often have you watched him make bad plays that lead to goals for the other team??

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm going to stop complaining about K.Miller. He likely has zero trade value, and is a UFA whose not likely to be back next year anyways.

Honestly if he wasn't taking away games from younger more talented D with upside like C.Miller and Morrow, he probably wouldn't get half the complaints he gets around here, myself included.

He is what he is, a stay at home D-man with no upside best suited for a role as a spare RD who can fill in on a 3rd pair in case of injuries. By no means should he be a regular everyday player on a even above-average D-corps. He's not coming out of the line-up under Claude anyways, if his game on Tuesday vs. the Kings wasn't enough, nothing will be. I'm going to stop beating a dead horse after this regarding K.Miller.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
He does log big minutes on the PK But should he. If Miller is playing it simply a statement of how BAD the D is. How often have you watched him make bad plays that lead to goals for the other team??

How has the PK been this year with him logging big minutes?

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I'm going to stop complaining about K.Miller. He likely has zero trade value, and is a UFA whose not likely to be back next year anyways.

I think in the right situation, KMill has some value. As you've noted, he's another UFA, so to trade him now he'd be a rental...is he a rental that's going to help some team in the playoffs? Meh. Maybe as a 6th d-man? That's worth what, a 3rd rounder, tops?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Really wonder why his fighting is down so much. Wish he would have stepped up in McQuaid's absence. I truly wonder if the injury he gave Moen and Vitale as well as his own shoulder injury stop him from fighting more often

I firmly believe he doesn't fight because of the shoulder injury & surgery he had. I don't think he doesn't want to fight, I think he can't. Not without re-injuring that shoulder.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think in the right situation, KMill has some value. As you've noted, he's another UFA, so to trade him now he'd be a rental...is he a rental that's going to help some team in the playoffs? Meh. Maybe as a 6th d-man? That's worth what, a 3rd rounder, tops?

He wouldn't even bring back that.

I'd say 6th, maybe,. maybe a 5th for him. With that return just as well the Bruins keep him, even if they brought another RD in at the deadline. Just as well send C.Miller to Prov. he isn't going to play anyways.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

Honestly if he wasn't taking away games from younger more talented D with upside like C.Miller and Morrow, he probably wouldn't get half the complaints he gets around here, myself included.

He is what he is, a stay at home D-man with no upside best suited for a role as a spare RD who can fill in on a 3rd pair in case of injuries. By no means should he be a regular everyday player on a even above-average D-corps. He's not coming out of the line-up under Claude anyways, if his game on Tuesday vs. the Kings wasn't enough, nothing will be. I'm going to stop beating a dead horse after this regarding K.Miller.

Yes,he isn't coming out of the lineup the rest of the year even if we acquire someone Miller will remain in the lineup . All we can do is hope for the best .

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Current Bruins defensemen numbers:

Chara 52-7-22-29 +11

K Miller 47-3-12-15 +9

McQuaid 38-1-5-6 +6

Krug 53-3-21-24 +2

C Miller 38-3-12-15 +2

Trotman 32-1-4-5 +1

Seidenberg 38-0-7-7 -3

Morrow 21-1-2-3 -6

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

2nd most PK minutes for B's defender by significant margin. Same PK that is ranked 6th in league.

Hate the guy all you want -- that's your right. But spare the blatant BS though, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->