Player Discussion Kevan Miller - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Would live to see sone of todays fine tuned machines keep up with the old school lifestyle - be like filling up a Prius with kerosene.

No doubt. Would also love to see the reaction of players today going 70s style when they try to set up shop down low only to get caved in repeatedly, with no penalty calls. lol

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Who knows . . . If he trained like they do these days there’s no telling what he’d be.

Everyone took longer shifts in those days and Espo took really long ones.

When you see today's players get caught in their own zone and they ice the puck, then have to stay on against fresh legs, they look like 5 little Chara's out there. Fatigue slows the skater.

Reactions: duffy and LSCII

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Seeing Turk do a post game interview with a smoke on one hand and a Schlitz in the other is always funny as f*** to me...:laugh:

Kind of reminds me of this classic shot:

1GnNrpO.jpg

Reactions: Aeroforce and LSCII

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If he’s healthy then no reason not to keep him in the fold - brings a lot of what they lack. Think a lot in here are underselling him because it’s been so long since we’ve seen him play. If he can play like he did pre injury he’d be a huge asset to the roster.
This is how I feel. Kevan is just the type of player the B's need. This is of course if he is ready to play.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Me too but he was never overly fleet of foot , so Im guessing at his age and injury history its probably wiser to pass on Killer!
I thought his skating had improved. I know he was working with a trainer a couple of years ago and I saw improvement in his skating.

I don't know if Kevan will be back or not but if he does return I will cheer for him.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
This thread really should have been put into the "Former Bruins' category. What a goofy signing. I just can't bring myself to believe that the team had no better alternatives than to do this deal. Power Play Petrovic would have been a better signing than this.

Reactions: bme44

yohan1212

Mar 31, 2007
If he can get in a healthy season I am all for it. I’d also grab Engllend as a 7 d man and try to dump Moore. Bring back debrusk and sign Dadanov. Let Chara retire.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
His cap hit is barely over the league minimum. I don't think his contract is going to keep the Bs from signing anyone else. If so, we've got bigger problems.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
His cap hit is barely over the league minimum. I don't think his contract is going to keep the Bs from signing anyone else. If so, we've got bigger problems.

It 1.25m with some pretty easily attainable bonuses which then apply to the cap. Hell, he can practically just show up for training camp and the hit is about 1.5. Ten games and it goes up. Things will be tight with the cap with JDB and Gryz. That money can make a big difference in a competitive offer or another fail. But more to the point, why did they need to this now when they don't know if they will need the money or not? What was the rush?

Reactions: bme44

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
I ask this question who do you protect and who goes on Waivers to start the season . The D needs a big upgrade before the season starts . I hope we all agree there. So who are you prepared to loose to have Miller on the team. Is the plan to have him start in the A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad