Speculation: KARLSSON Megathread | Part III | MOD Warning Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
*reply to Romans12_12*
Yet amazingly, fewer turnovers and more hustle negates a whopping 339 difference in points.
With the Sens:
Spezza: 686GP, 687pts
Fisher: 675GP, 348pts

Never change, Sens fans! Who needs points when you can get pucks in corners!
Yep ,because having a good possession team cant help with points....Or better yet a winning team....Yes you need skill,but you also need hustle and work ethic

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
the point is this...and let me be really really clear....without those multiple HoF calibre players in their prime you have virtually no chance....we've had one such player....not two....lots of teams have one and can't win...and you can't just acquire them so your point about surrounding them with players is really BS imo. You need the 2 HoFers first.

without that second HoF caliber player? not much. but that is my point isn't it.

How many HOF players do the Washington Capitals have?? One? Not like Ovi is in his prime either. How about the Vegas Golden Knights, maybe one..Fleury...??

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
How many HOF players do the Washington Capitals have?? One? Not like Ovi is in his prime either. How about the Vegas Golden Knights, maybe one..Fleury...??

interesting discussion. Wonder how many NHL champs had none or one HOF player.

06 Hurricanes don't have any I think, thought Brind-Amour and Reechi should make it if Sundin can get in

obviously the closer we get to present, the greater uncertainty with players (i.e. Kings, Bruins, etc)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

06 Hurricanes don't have any I think, thought Brind-Amour and Reechi should make it if Sundin can get in

obviously the closer we get to present, the greater uncertainty with players (i.e. Kings, Bruins, etc)
Looking over that roster,it made me realise it wasnt as big a fluke they won...It was pretty deep

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

You realize Mark Recchi was just inducted to the HHoF, right? Was that just weird phrasing?

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
Instead, his team will toil on even footing with several other east coast teams, and watch someone else, even us, claim the prize of prizes (EK).
well...I would take SY over our management any day...

Dino Tkachuk

Ottawa Senators
Jan 6, 2009
Backstrom? Point per game player, won a cup now. Perhaps... If Alfie deserves the nod then so does Nic imo.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
well...I would take SY over our management any day...

He wouldn't have Vinik's money.

Our management team has no financial leeway, no matter who the GM is we will be a "scrapping the bottom of the barrel" team due to a miniscule market and bad owner.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Ovi has won 5 of the last 6 Richards including this year. Prime? probably not. Best goal scorer in the league? ya
goat goal scorer? ya probably

barring career ending injury Backstrom will finish north of 1100 points, possibly in the 1200 to 1300 range depending on how long he chooses to play.

Holtby has a Vezina, a cup, and will likely finish north of 450 wins.

plenty of time for both to end up HoF and they are both tracking towards it.

LV didn't win. did they? that's my point. look at the winners and what the rosters have in common. it's 2 or more. every year except perhaps 3 over the last 40 kind of thing.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

the 06 hurricanes are one of the exceptions.. .and I've often wondered about that year because the league was coming out of the lockout

Bruins - both Chara and Bergeron will end up in the Hall
Kings - both Doughty and Kopitar will and likely Quick

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
the 06 hurricanes are one of the exceptions.. .and I've often wondered about that year because the league was coming out of the lockout

Basically need more than one elite player. Why did we waste Karlsson’s time here? Murray & Dorion have done nothing since 2008 in trying to build a contender. Mediocrity at its finest and now it’s all crashing down. No wonder EK wants to leave.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

The Canes were also a team that that hot goaltending to the finals and had the fortune of running into another team that rode hot goaltending to the finals who had their goaltender get injured.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Basically need more than one elite player. Why did we waste Karlsson’s time here? Murray & Dorion have done nothing since 2008 in trying to build a contender. Mediocrity at its finest and now it’s all crashing down. No wonder EK wants to leave.

yes you do

so to say we didn't surround him I think is a false statement

you simply don't acquire talent of that calibre in mid career. Chara and this year Johnny T. You draft it. And unless you fail at the right time that is a crap shoot.

every year going back most of my life you look at the rosters and without those 2 players, or more, you don't win. We only have 1.

Lots of teams with 1 get there and lose.

And interestingly it doesn't seem to matter which positions those players play, just that you have them.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
yes you do

so to say we didn't surround him I think is a false statement

you simply don't acquire talent of that calibre in mid career. Chara and this year Johnny T. You draft it. And unless you fail at the right time that is a crap shoot.

every year going back most of my life you look at the rosters and without those 2 players, or more, you don't win. We only have 1.

Lots of teams with 1 get there and lose.

And interestingly it doesn't seem to matter which positions those players play, just that you have them.
What about all the other significant pieces that Yzerman has brought in like Gourde,Point,Johnson,Palat etc etc? What’s the excuse on that? Those guys aren’t lottery picks.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
What about all the other significant pieces that Yzerman has brought in like Gourde,Point,Johnson,Palat etc etc? What’s the excuse on that? Those guys aren’t lottery picks.

look I'm not making any excuses. I am simply telling you what the data says.

you seem to want to ignore what I've identified in favour of your interest in pointing out PD's failings.

SY started with 2 HoF calibre playes that he had nothing to do with. He drafted Kucherov. He hasn't won yet. Relative to other GMs this decade with that kind of hand to this point he's been a failure. he's got a few years left to pull a cup or two out of that roster and I think he will. Should he not it'd be hard to assess his time there as anything other than a f*** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad