Speculation: KARLSSON Megathread | Part III | MOD Warning Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You know I think yzerman is incredibly insecure. He enters every deal just making sure the other team doesn’t get close to a fair trade. Like if it’s not a homerun win it’s not a deal worth making. Now. This isn’t necessarily true. But I’m hoping yzerman reads this and it gets under his skin. That’s not going to happen either. But you know.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
You know I think yzerman is incredibly insecure. He enters every deal just making sure the other team doesn’t get close to a fair trade. Like if it’s not a homerun win it’s not a deal worth making. Now. This isn’t necessarily true. But I’m hoping yzerman reads this and it gets under his skin. That’s not going to happen either. But you know.

I’ve always found GM’s like him, and Nill from Dallas, try for the big ‘home run’ trades where they fleece other teams. But they’re never able to build a Stanley Cup Champion.

A lot of times, slower, safer moves that build chemistry are the key to winning. Not being HF’s favourite GM

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto

(*Slightly too loud voice*)

"I heard Steve Yzerman doesn't have the guts to trade Nikita Kucherov for Cody Ceci."

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think you are misusing the term "insecure"...

What you are describing to me seems to be smart and competent

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Uggghhhhhhh.... EK was just in my building (Constitution Square)!!!! According to security I missed him by 7 freaking minutes.... :(

Reactions: BigRig4

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Damn it Ray !!!!That was our window ,and you had to stop for a coffee...lol
I know... :(

Actually, I was going for lunch and a colleague told me he was in the building, so I went to the ground floor in hopes to catch him and, after inquiring with security, I was told I had just missed him... 7 damn minutes :(

Reactions: topshelf15

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think you are misusing the term "insecure"...

What you are describing to me seems to be smart and competent

It's a fine line though, because you can find yourself negotiating yourself out of players that you really should have on your roster.

Smart and competent would have been making the trade for one of the best defensemen to lace them up, in his prime, for a couple of your better young assets, THAT would have been the smart move, but it looks like SY is gun shy, and it's going to cost him. He's afraid to trade things he likes, and looks to be afraid to make mutually beneficial deals. Which is fine, unless you're turning down getting a player that would arguably be the best player on your team.

SY could potentially have already created one of the best blue line parings in history, in their primes, if he wasn't so frightened to take a chance (not exactly much of a gamble in reality).

Instead, his team will toil on even footing with several other east coast teams, and watch someone else, even us, claim the prize of prizes (EK).

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It's a fine line though, because you can find yourself negotiating yourself out of players that you really should have on your roster.

Smart and competent would have been making the trade for one of the best defensemen to lace them up, in his prime, for a couple of your better young assets, THAT would have been the smart move, but it looks like SY is gun shy, and it's going to cost him. He's afraid to trade things he likes, and looks to be afraid to make mutually beneficial deals. Which is fine, unless you're turning down getting a player that would arguably be the best player on your team.

SY could potentially have already created one of the best blue line parings in history, in their primes, if he wasn't so frightened to take a chance (not exactly much of a gamble in reality).

Instead, his team will toil on even footing with several other east coast teams, and watch someone else, even us, claim the prize of prizes (EK).

SY has a fine track record in trades. Not in win vs loss but rather he gets full value for his players. Whatever reason he has to not pull the trigger on landing EK, safe to say they are good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad