Speculation: KARLSSON Megathread | Part III | MOD Warning Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Tenant list pls

Sorry... my brain was in shambles when i replied to your post this afternoon. Just to be clear, one of my colleagues rode the elevator with him and EK got off on the 21st floor. Tenant on that floor is Scotia Wealth Management.

A friend of mine suggested I move my office to the ground floor so that I don’t miss him next time. I’m on it!

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
That’s a cool story. But you shouldn’t be posting private info about anyone like that.

It’s not exactly private. He was in a public building, by himself. It’s not as though it’s “insider” information and that he didn’t cross path with other folks from the 21st floor back to the ground floor.

There were people lined up on the ground floor waiting for him to come back down from what security told me.

With all due respect, that’s a bit of a silly accusation.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think you are misusing the term "insecure"...

What you are describing to me seems to be smart and competent
Yeah. Very well could be. But he will never make that final trade. That needed trade. He doesn’t ever want to be on even an even side of a trade. Like sergachev for karlsson? No way. Sergachev might actually be good. It’s like homer in or nothing for him. Which is cool. But also. He’s a bitch! Hope he’s reading this

Reactions: Ice-Tray

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Tampa Bay has two conference finals appearances and one finals appearance in the past four years. We could use somebody of that sustainable success.

TB has Stamkos and Hedman. Two guys that likely end up in the Hall. Yzerman had nothing to do with either. I imagine it's really important to your success to arrive somewhere and they've already got two youngsters that go on to post Hall type careers

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
TB has Stamkos and Hedman. Two guys that likely end up in the Hall. Yzerman had nothing to do with either. I imagine it's really important to your success to arrive somewhere and they've already got two youngsters that go on to post Hall type careers

Kucherov is arguably better than Stamkos...

Yzerman has been pretty great for Tampa tbh. Guy knows what he’s doing and the team has more or less had sustained success.

And we have (had?) Karlsson who is better than Hedman and will also be in the HoF. Difference is we squandered his time here.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
How anyone could argue that Yzerman's tenure with TB has been anything but stellar is incredible. Karlsson or no Karlsson they have a shot at the Cup for a few more seasons and I suspect the future is just as bright.

Reactions: Aerrol

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yzerman locked up both guys to good long term deals. You know, exactly what we're discussing here in regards to Karlsson.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
It’s not exactly private. He was in a public building, by himself. It’s not as though it’s “insider” information and that he didn’t cross path with other folks from the 21st floor back to the ground floor.

There were people lined up on the ground floor waiting for him to come back down from what security told me.

With all due respect, that’s a bit of a silly accusation.

What did I accuse you of that isn't true?

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Lot of parallels with the Erik Karlsson and Kawhi Leonard situations - both disgruntled superstars coming off injury plagued seasons heading into their final contract year who supposedly only want to play for one specific team. Difference is the Spurs look like they're still getting a king's ransom back for their asset.

Reactions: Bean Drown

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
My actual job is protecting information, and saying someone was in a building 7 minutes ago, presumably meeting with investment bankers does not constitute a breach of privacy.

Likely meeting with his asset manager.

Doing asset management for high net worth individuals is probably my dream job.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Lot of parallels with the Erik Karlsson and Kawhi Leonard situations - both disgruntled superstars coming off injury plagued seasons heading into their final contract year who supposedly only want to play for one specific team. Difference is the Spurs look like they're still getting a king's ransom back for their asset.
The Spurs are one of the best run pro sports franchises in North America. The Sens are one of the worst. Greg Popovich was offered a job in the CIA after his bachelor in Soviet studies and his military intelligence training. I wouldn't even give Dorion a position in HR for the federal government.

That's what it looks like when intelligent people run your team.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
My actual job is protecting information, and saying someone was in a building 7 minutes ago, presumably meeting with investment bankers does not constitute a breach of privacy.

I'm not saying that anything strictly private is divulged here.

It's my opinion that saying Erik Karlsson met with Scotia money management folks for 30 minutes on Wednesday isn't really germane to anything hockey or rumour-related, and that while not private, does border on over-sharing details of his personal and financial life. Not a big deal, but I would opt to leave those details out of this account, and would definitely hope this thread doesn't devolve into Karlsson-tracking.

Detailing his day-to-day activities in a forum like this isn't the same as 20 odd people seeing him in the lobby and riding the elevator. IMO.

Last edited:

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Yeah but that’s what Scotia Wealth Management does. Portfolio management/investment for rich folks.
Oh yes, I understand. I meant that he wasn’t here very long. Of course those things can be discussed prior and then only require signature.

Nonetheless, it was exciting to “almost” run into him lol. At least I know he may come back before summer ends.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I know... :(

Actually, I was going for lunch and a colleague told me he was in the building, so I went to the ground floor in hopes to catch him and, after inquiring with security, I was told I had just missed him... 7 damn minutes :(

similar story happened to me when Mr. T was signing autographs down at the mall, kept saying I will go a little later.......

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think i’m going to ask security to call me next time he’s here! lol

I know he lives in the Glebe, and could have walked there, but if he drove, perhaps you ask the parking garage guy(s) to call you .......... unless it's all automated

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
The Spurs are one of the best run pro sports franchises in North America. The Sens are one of the worst. Greg Popovich was offered a job in the CIA after his bachelor in Soviet studies and his military intelligence training. I wouldn't even give Dorion a position in HR for the federal government.

That's what it looks like when intelligent people run your team.
I'm a Spurs fan (have been since 1989), and I don't think the Spurs really crushed that trade at all. They have a worse player coming back, on a meh contract with no futures. It's a larger scale, but not entirely dissimilar to the Hoffman trade where the team takes back a worse player, who's older and not on a good contract (Boedker is actually a fine contract salary wise @ $3,000,000, but cap hit is too high). The Spurs are a worse team after the trade. As were the Sens after the Hoffman trade.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I know he lives in the Glebe, and could have walked there, but if he drove, perhaps you ask the parking garage guy(s) to call you .......... unless it's all automated
Yes he lives in the Glebe.

All I know is that he came in and left through the main doors on Albert. There’s a limited section on that side of the building for vehicles to park for a short period. In any case, I don’t know whether he drove or walked.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yes he lives in the Glebe.

All I know is that he came in and left through the main doors on Albert. There’s a limited section on that side of the building for vehicles to park for a short period. In any case, I don’t know whether he drove or walked.

Hey, maybe he biked?
iur

Reactions: Ray Kinsella
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad