Speculation: KARLSSON Megathread | Part III | MOD Warning Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I still don't think it's something as simple as the players don't want to be here, otherwise the team would have been more pro-active this summer moving at least one of them out. The fact that our 4 pending UFA's remain here, and we appear ready to start the season with them, tells me there's something else that's being waited on to resolve things. Not even the worst GM in the league would head in to the season with his 4 best roster players as pending UFA's, that is uncharted territory in pro sports. Combine that with the media gag order from the team, and there's obviously something else cookin behind the scenes.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I still don't think it's something as simple as the players don't want to be here, otherwise the team would have been more pro-active this summer moving at least one of them out. The fact that our 4 pending UFA's remain here, and we appear ready to start the season with them, tells me there's something else that's being waited on to resolve things. Not even the worst GM in the league would head in to the season with his 4 best roster players as pending UFA's, that is uncharted territory in pro sports. Combine that with the media gag order from the team, and there's obviously something else cookin behind the scenes.

Very good chance. We know Eugene is way over his head with Lebreton.

At the same time, there might be a bit of stage fright happening with Dorion. Dude has been burned badly this year, both with trades and with the media/fans. GMs are playing hardball with him and he knows a bad return for Karlsson is a career-ender.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

Even if the players have no intention of playing for Melnyk, it's in his best interest to have these players under contract, even if just for the immediate future, as it adds substantial dollar value to the franchise in the meantime.

I really do hope that's the angle. Because the alternative is that Eugene is holding off to try and get as many season tickets sold as possible before starting the greatest fire sale in league history at the deadline.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I've been thinking a lot lately about how odd it was that there was so much speculation a month ago about a deal being imminent and then, bam, nothing for a month (and as it appears, nothing on the horizon). It just seems as though something is happening with ownership one way or another (EM selling or getting a partner). One thing I can think of is that they don't want to trade EK knowing that in doing so they'd be giving themselves a good shot at a bottom 5 pick which they don't want to have to give to Colorado, obviously. But at the same time, if things go better than expected this season and they are in the hunt for a playoff spot in February off the backs of EK, Stone, and Duchene, then they'd just trade them like that?

This sort of situation just sets you up for overanalyzing everything. I do think Karlsson wants to stay but he knows that if Melnyk is owner then there won't be a chance at winning a Cup the next 8 years with his new salary.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I was so distracted by the big Ceci talk for the last couple of weeks that I completely forgot about this minor secondary story line.

Reactions: Silencio

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I can’t tell the brand/model, but plenty of watches in that price range for sure.

I’d be terrified wearing something that expensive on my wrist. The first scratch on the clasp would give me an aneurism.
It is a Richard Mille , huge money and really desirable for the rich and famous athletes and movie stars. He has insurance for all his timepieces.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
It is a Richard Mille , huge money and really desirable for the rich and famous athletes and movie stars. He has insurance for all his timepieces.

Good eye. Not my favourite watch but then again I’ll never own anything even remotely close so who am I to talk?

And yeah you can insure against theft, loss, damage, etc. I’m talking about superficial scratches and marks (which are inevitable with any “daily driver”, so to speak). I freaked out when I got the first ding in my watch and it ain’t no Richard Mille lol.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Good eye. Not my favourite watch but then again I’ll never own anything even remotely close so who am I to talk?

And yeah you can insure against theft, loss, damage, etc. I’m talking about superficial scratches and marks (which are inevitable with any “daily driver”, so to speak). I freaked out when I got the first ding in my watch and it ain’t no Richard Mille lol.[/QUOTE
$175,000 and it doesn't even have a calculator on it? He got ripped off.
I don't think he needs a calculator. Everything for him has lots and lots of zeros.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
SinfulFeminineGraywolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad