Speculation: KARLSSON Megathread | Part III | MOD Warning Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Look at those two not getting along again. The rumours were true...
Stone is the real captain of the team and the Sens will have no problem signing him longterm. EK is the selfish one and was the source of all the locker room problems. He and Stone hate each other.

Stupid shit I learned on this forum.

Reactions: Silencio

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Stone is the real captain of the team and the Sens will have no problem signing him longterm. EK is the selfish one and was the source of all the locker room problems. He and Stone hate each other.

Stupid **** I learned on this forum.
Appreciate the last part.
I thought you were serious for a moment.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Good eye. Not my favourite watch but then again I’ll never own anything even remotely close so who am I to talk?

And yeah you can insure against theft, loss, damage, etc. I’m talking about superficial scratches and marks (which are inevitable with any “daily driver”, so to speak). I freaked out when I got the first ding in my watch and it ain’t no Richard Mille lol.

I have a smart phone so I don’t need a watch, more money in my pockets, problem solved

Even if I had money like EK, I would not spend it on that kind of stuff, you can tell EK is not a penny pincher!

Seriously wearing expensive stuff also puts you at risk with bad intentioned people. Don’t wear that in Mexico lol

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I have a smart phone so I don’t need a watch, more money in my pockets, problem solved

Even if I had money like EK, I would not spend it on that kind of stuff, you can tell EK is not a penny pincher!

Seriously wearing expensive stuff also puts you at risk with bad intentioned people. Don’t wear that in Mexico lol
He appreciates fine time pieces and their mechanics and also fine cars. He loves Sportscars and occasionally goes to drive them on a track.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Last night I dreamed that Karlsson signed an 8 year extension with Ottawa.

Then I woke up and saw a bunch of rumour blogs talking about Nylander for EK.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
He appreciates fine time pieces and their mechanics and also fine cars. He loves Sportscars and occasionally goes to drive them on a track.

I heard he also appreciates some fine drinks of water and some fine food as well. A fine warm bath in the winter in a deep soaker tub, and then dries off with a fine Egyptian cotton towel afterwards.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

I was like that at first. But then i started to wear watches and it feel great. They are not that expensive but they look good.

It also look good with a suit or even with casual working style, or casual street look.

I also spend less time on my phone.. which is never a bad thing lol

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Watches are jewelry now. They serve about the same purpose as a pocket square. Wear one if you want but don't pretend it isn't purely for 'looks'. To each their own but don't lie to yourselves. Lol

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Watches are jewelry now. They serve about the same purpose as a pocket square. Wear one if you want but don't pretend it isn't purely for 'looks'. To each their own but don't lie to yourselves. Lol

That's a bit of an over-generalization.

If I'm biking to class or work and want to check the time, I'm not going to dig my phone out of my pocket in the middle of traffic.

Having a watch is handy (heh) any time you want to check the time quickly without looking for your phone. I'm not a watch enthusiast, though, I've only owned one watch for the past 5 years.

Edit: how have we reached the point where we're discussing watches. This truly is the darkest off-season.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
That's a bit of an over-generalization.

If I'm biking to class or work and want to check the time, I'm not going to dig my phone out of my pocket in the middle of traffic.

Having a watch is handy (heh) any time you want to check the time quickly without looking for your phone. I'm not a watch enthusiast, though, I've only owned one watch for the past 5 years.

Edit: how have we reached the point where we're discussing watches. This truly is the darkest off-season.
By that logic you should probably also carry a small laminated street map and a compass. Lol. I'm just bugging.
And yes, this is without a doubt the oddest off-season ever.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

A nice watch is super sexy though.

I finally got my hands on a specific watch I had been trying to get for a while

mens-citizen-axiom-eco-drive-all-black-watch-p10815-11247_zoom.jpg

Sleek as hell if you ask me.

Funny story: my Mom was looking for that model but the recent ones have black hands on the black background so when she asked the lady "well how can you tell the time" the clerk said "ben madame, you check your phone!"

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Funny story: my Mom was looking for that model but the recent ones have black hands on the black background so when she asked the lady "well how can you tell the time" the clerk said "ben madame, you check your phone!"
NICE..My wife bought me a Seiko automatic..Really nice watch...But no where near the price of some of the high end stuff...

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I’m not a watch guy but I really like that. Mainly because if something is all black I’ll like it.
Id have probably gone with the black hands. Moar Black.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I’m not a watch guy but I really like that. Mainly because if something is all black I’ll like it.
Id have probably gone with the black hands. Moar Black.

I like the contrast between the hands and the back. I am trying hard to rely on smart phone a lot less so I wanted to be able to get the time easily.

Black hands on a black background made it feel a bit too decorative for me, I like function hehe.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I like the contrast between the hands and the back. I am trying hard to rely on smart phone a lot less so I wanted to be able to get the time easily.

Black hands on a black background made it feel a bit too decorative for me, I like function hehe.

That totally makes sense it would be decorative for me. I just painted my house and I wussed out of painting it black just because of neighbors. Although I doubt anyone would have cared as there is a sorta black house in the area already.

I went with my second option of blood red. I’m quite pleased!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That totally makes sense it would be decorative for me. I just painted my house and I wussed out of painting it black just because of neighbors. Although I doubt anyone would have cared as there is a sorta black house in the area already.

I went with my second option of blood red. I’m quite pleased!

I know next to nothing about houses but wouldn't painting the walls black not be great for heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->