Speculation: KARLSSON Megathread | Part III | MOD Warning Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
And I suppose the attitude of the captain is just dandy. Great leadership. I didn't hear Tavares say anything. Like I said, there are two sides to this.

No, Tavares gave empty platitudes the whole season and paid lip service to Long Island only to bolt for the team he really wanted to play for at first chance.

Would you rather some honesty from your captain, or someone who checks out without telling anyone for 9 months?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
No, Tavares gave empty platitudes the whole season and paid lip service to Long Island only to bolt for the team he really wanted to play for at first chance.

Would you rather some honesty from your captain, or someone who checks out without telling anyone for 9 months?

They are both unfavorable scenarios. I guess, when the team was floundering, maybe the timing of his comments were not ideal. Tavares was focussed, so he says, on team performance, not on himself. Maybe he is lying, but that was his position.

Maybe Melnyk took it too personally, probably. Either way, I maintain both sides don't look great, in my opinion. I don't think anyone likes the way it has been handled.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Doesn't matter what the captain's attitude is like. It's irrelevant. It only speaks to the ineptitude of management or ownership. Karlsson holds all the cards here. He has them by the balls, and if he goes Eugene gets even more egg on his face. Have fun with the PR nightmare, a team performance nightmare, and a financial nightmare. You become the first team since Pocklington to sell a generational talent. It would take the team a decade to recover. Especially after handing Colorado Jack Hughes.

Your ego is so bloated that you alienate your best player so he leaves? Why would you do that? Are you that fragile?

OK. Nothing matters expect what Melnyk does. Got it.

I am a big EK fan, but I can also see his shortcomings.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
OK. Nothing matters expect what Melnyk does. Got it.

I am a big EK fan, but I can also see his shortcomings.

But how in the world is saying he'll get what he's worth a shortcoming?

He's always made it clear he'd like to stay in Ottawa, he just wants to be compensated fairly for what he's done thus far in his career. That's not an unfair ask by any stretch of the imagination.

I honestly don't understand anyone having an issue with Karlsson being honest (but respectful) in that scenario. If Melnyk wants to have a hissy fit after the fact that's his prerogative, but it's pretty insane to go to the (apparent) lengths he has to "teach Karlsson a lesson" when the guy is the best player in franchise history and one year away from free agency.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
But how in the world is saying he'll get what he's worth a shortcoming?

He's always made it clear he'd like to stay in Ottawa, he just wants to be compensated fairly for what he's done thus far in his career. That's not an unfair ask by any stretch of the imagination.

I honestly don't understand anyone having an issue with Karlsson being honest (but respectful) in that scenario. If Melnyk wants to have a hissy fit after the fact that's his prerogative, but it's pretty insane to go to the (apparent) lengths he has to "teach Karlsson a lesson" when the guy is the best player in franchise history and one year away from free agency.

Many didn't feel it was the time to address the upcoming contract. He was pushed to say something through his agent , and it did not come off well. If anyone knows Karlsson and how he conducts himself, it was completely out of character. Just like what Alfie said to that reporter recently. But you can all sound incredulous, I really don't care. You can all take it as you wish.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Many didn't feel it was the time to address the upcoming contract. He was pushed to say something through his agent , and it did not come off well. If anyone knows Karlsson and how he conducts himself, it was completely out of character. Just like what Alfie said to that reporter recently. But you can all sound incredulous, I really don't care. You can all take it as you wish.

He was asked a question by a reporter. Just like Doughty was. And he answered it.

It's not like he held a press conference to announce that he'd be looking for "market-value".

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The Melnyk apologists have outdone themselves today.

Didn't think they'd stoop this low, but you have to consider who they are representing.
The whole thing reads like a Biovail IR town hall. Just pathetic.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Quite simply, you have no right. None. Stop posting this ‘blame the victim’ crap.
Under your scenario, the harassment and bullying is covered up and the Sens trade away Hoffman before the information is public? Seriously?
I would suggest you research the #metoo movement and how people that cover up untoward behaviour are now viewed.
You cannot address harassment by becoming complicit.
Back away from the keyboard. Go take some time for quiet contemplation about all that the Karlsson family has been through and then use that lens to view your part in publicly calling for Melinda Karlsson to accept blame. Shame on you. Go away now and give it some thought.
How about this. For you to get out of line and tell me to do some due diligence of what is going on in hollywood is hilarious. Why don't you do what you said, step away from this and stop accusing someone from your manly keyboard. Shame on you as I know the world is round, complicated and is breeding a society that can not get their feelings hurt. And thanks for twisting things mister righteous.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You are not following along...they were previously pissed about the " I will go for market value, no hometown discount blah blah blah bravado that EK said earlier.

That dressing room comments by EK65, prompted by what DD had said about a day before, started all rumours about EK65 possibly being traded ......... if he had just said no comment, instead of basically bargaining through the media, who knows how the rest of the season would have unfolded.

Also, if the owner has pissed off by these comments ....... and instructed PD to take calls on EK65, and instead of outright telling the (calling) GM that EK65 is untouchable, allowed them to make their pitch for EK65 ....... then that's not very professional IMO.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Why are you taking it as gospel? It's literally one guy saying this, we don't know his credentials, who he knows, what he does etc. Could literally be pulling things out of thin air to suit his agenda.

no, his credentials have been somewhat verified by one of the mods (DUD) .... and a post was made stating as much.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I am following along very closely and have come to the conclusion that if what you and mysens say are true, then Melnyk needs to grow a pair and stop being a little bratty baby. Not really sure what Melnyk or anyone else really expected Karlsson to say there.

EK65 "sorry, I leave any contract negotiations up to my agent, and don't think it would be fair to negotiate through the media... thanks"

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
How about this. For you to get out of line and tell me to do some due diligence of what is going on in hollywood is hilarious. Why don't you do what you said, step away from this and stop accusing someone from your manly keyboard. Shame on you as I know the world is round, complicated and is breeding a society that can not get their feelings hurt. And thanks for twisting things mister righteous.
All right fair enough. How about you agree that Melinda is blameless? And since she is not to blame, EK cannot be at fault for supporting his wife?
Agree to that and I would happily say that I miscronstrued your post/comments.

Reactions: Tnuoc Alucard

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
All right fair enough. How about you agree that Melinda is blameless? And since she is not to blame, EK cannot be at fault for supporting his wife?

EK65 may have wanted to deal with this issue all within the confines of the team ...... But, as you correctly point out, it was his Wife who was targeted, and I can't blame EK65 for taking his Wife's side over what he may have thought would have been a more private way to address the issue.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
EK65 "sorry, I leave any contract negotiations up to my agent, and don't think it would be fair to negotiate through the media... thanks"

Erik is too honest of a person for that. I mean, the guy disclosed his ankle injury after the Bruins series in 2017. That's also why I believe him when he says he wants to stay in Ottawa.

Besides, Melnyk has also been brutally honest with the media too with his whole "I don't want Erik to go to the olympics" quotes.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Erik is too honest of a person for that. I mean, the guy disclosed his ankle injury after the Bruins series in 2017. That's also why I believe him when he says he wants to stay in Ottawa.

Besides, Melnyk has also been brutally honest with the media too with his whole "I don't want Erik to go to the olympics" quotes.

Honesty is a double edged sword ... just ask my Wife.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I totally agree with you there. I have a wife and two young kids, I would stand in front of a bullet for any one of them. We are all good. Thanks

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
There are things that are bigger and more important than hockey and maintaining a player’s “value” to help an NHL team win games.

Melinda Karlsson has rights, and if she felt as targeted as threatened as she stated in the filing, she was well within her rights to take the matter to court. Erik, as her husband, should stand behind her, 100%.

This wasn’t a hockey matter. It was a bullying, online stalking, harassment matter. You don’t take that to Pierre Dorion or Eugene Melnyk. Even if they trade Hoffman, it doesn't mean online harassment will stop. Instagram can be accessed from Florida. If you want it to stop, you take it to the police.

And if Melnyk is upset at the Karlsson’s for protecting their own family after being victimized, then that’s just another cherry on top of him being an *******. Don’t blame the victim. Support the victim.

Still though, at this point there doesn't seem to be any usable evidence proving she did it, and the twitter names are so sketchy.

What a mess, and like most messes, they tend to be quite messy.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The drama needs to stop ,time for the big boy pants to be put on....EK deserves to be paid as one of the leagues best defenders,what was said or implied shouldnt f***en matter in the slightest....If you want to have a chat about how someone should conduct themsleves,do it in private and be open about it...

Because sure as f***en hell ,EM is no damn saint when it comes to saying stupid shit in front of a microphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest