Kaepernick agent: No return calls from Jets, Saints and Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
1) Antonio Brown is 10x the player Kaep ever was. He gets multiple chances because despite the headaches he is an elite player and one of the best WR's in the league.

2) Is gambling not already legal? The Supreme Court ruled last year that any state could do it and multiple have already started. Not sure why anyone needs congress or POTUS? You can place a bet in Iowa, NJ or Delaware at this very moment from what I understand.

3) FWIW POTUS did say he had no issues with Kapernick getting signed and playing like a month ago. Has not even mentioned him since.

4) Its already been discussed that the teams with their starters out don't need him. Saints have Bridgewater, Steelers want to see what they have in Rudolph/also don't want any commotion, and Darnold will be back in a couple weeks.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Report Trump may be keeping Kap from being signed because they need to sign off on the league legalizing gambling....

Donald Trump May Have Intervened With Colin Kaepernick's Signing And Fans Are Furious

Not sure the validity, but interesting anyway.

Ugh. My comment below is not a stance on Kaep but rather on journalism.

There’s no ‘report’ Trump may have had something to do with it. There’s Stephen A. Smith speculating (kinda wildly) on a radio program. The Yahoo story repeats the speculation then links to the supposed ‘report’ which is another web site rehashing Smith’s radio comments. Nothing in any of that constitutes a ‘report.’

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
And I'm just posting what's been posted on a reputable site (that's probably up for debate lol). Replace 'report' with whatever word you deem fit.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Why would the NFL League Office reach out to any player to promote a workout?

This is the 1st time in history the NFL has organized a workout for a free agent

They are trying to put this issue to bed. They accommodate him and if he doesn’t sign anywhere it’s not on them. Also calling his bluff about being in shape.

Every NFL team has always had the opportunity to work him out. That day is not going to draw many coaches or GM’s.. scouts maybe?

Reactions: PhillyWings

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Certainly will be some scouts

I cant see a single coach flying to Atlanta day before game for this

Coaches will be prepping for Sunday

And it didn't take long for issues to arise

Flores should have realized this would cause issue in Miami Cuban community and simply said something generic like "That is a question for football operations" or something

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Coaches? The day before a game? I guess NFL teams can view the footage if they don't attend.
I can see him being better than some of the current NFL back ups.... what team wants to deal with the media circus if they sign him.

Every team will likely send a scout just to say they did.

As ESPN said -

Pretty remote, and this is an important thing for people to understand. The idea that a team would sign Kaepernick now and expect him to start games this season is incredibly far-fetched.
First of all, as we've mentioned, he hasn't played in three years. Second, you just don't see teams pick up quarterbacks during the season for the purpose of starting games for them right away.

You don't generally see a team pick up a quarterback from outside the organization, teach him the offensive system in a week or two and ask him to step in and save the season. Translation: If you're a fan of the Bears imagining Kaepernick replacing Mitchell Trubisky by Thanksgiving and leading you to the playoffs, you're in a fantasy world.

Any team looking at Kaepernick this weekend would be doing so with the thought of adding him to its overall quarterback picture for next season and beyond. It's possible a team could sign him and get him into its building to prepare him for a 2020 role. It's also possible no team signs him until the offseason. And, as the past three years have shown us, it's obviously possible no one signs him at all.

Your media circus comment is correct. Teams will not sign him due to the irrelevant media coverage that will be constant. Just not worth it for a guy who hasn't played in 3 years and is past his prime.

Why would the NFL League Office reach out to any player to promote a workout?

Because now, after this workout, they can say they did their best for him. He can't accuse them or the teams of collusion when they went out of their way to have a workout for him. This is just to bury the issue once and for all, to say "look, we gave you the spotlight, did something we've never done in the 100 year history of the league, now its out of our hands"

member 157595

Certainly will be some scouts

I cant see a single coach flying to Atlanta day before game for this

Coaches will be prepping for Sunday

And it didn't take long for issues to arise

Flores should have realized this would cause issue in Miami Cuban community and simply said something generic like "That is a question for football operations" or something

The locals have a long, LONG memory when it comes to anything Castro. They won't forget or forgive anyone that praises Castro even unintentionally. Hundreds of thousands of people in the Miami metro area are in America in the first place because they or their ancestors fleed Cuba during, before and after the revolution.

If I learned anything from living in the 305 it's that Miami is not known for subtlety. If you do something that pisses those people off they are very, very happy to let you know about it.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The locals have a long, LONG memory when it comes to anything Castro. They won't forget or forgive anyone that praises Castro even unintentionally. Hundreds of thousands of people in the Miami metro area are in America in the first place because they or their ancestors fleed Cuba during, before and after the revolution.

If I learned anything from living in the 305 it's that Miami is not known for subtlety. If you do something that pisses those people off they are very, very happy to let you know about it.

That article explains it perfectly. Kaepernick tried to make it seem like his shirt was about Maclcolm X, yet chose one with Castro...

Then he talks about Cubas literacy rates :laugh: as the writer said, they are submitted by the same people who submit the "election" results.

And its turning into circus

So if he has proof...... show it.

I don't think the NFL ever promised anything more than what was publicly announced... they wouldn't want a mess like this.

Can't he just be grateful they are doing something for him that they have never ever done before? Not even Peyton Manning got his own pro-day when he was a free agent. :facepalm:

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
That's a pretty low bar for a "circus". I just don't see this HUGE media circus erupting just because he signed with a team. For a week? Sure. Then we'd mostly be left with a few salty nobodies on twitter and message boards making a big deal out of a football player playing football week after week. The majority of media and fans would move on to the next topic of the week.

KingArthursCourt

pronouns: he/him/his
Nov 11, 2019
British Columbia
As perhaps the single biggest and most obvious real victim of "cancel culture" (as opposed to imagined victims, like comedians who keep getting lucrative Netflix specials by claiming they've been silenced), I hope that Kaepernick gets a fair shake, but I suspect teams will opt to go with inferior quarterbacks who do not upset the sensitive portions of their fanbases that object to the idea of watching a player who has different political opinions than they do.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As perhaps the single biggest and most obvious real victim of "cancel culture" (as opposed to imagined victims, like comedians who keep getting lucrative Netflix specials by claiming they've been silenced), I hope that Kaepernick gets a fair shake, but I suspect teams will opt to go with inferior quarterbacks who do not upset the sensitive portions of their fanbases that object to the idea of watching a player who has different political opinions than they do.
Teams simply don’t want the media to pester their coaches or other players about Kaep and his protests.
If they just keep that to Kaep only, he’d likely be on a team. but teams know that’s not how it works with the media.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
There are lots of armchair quarterbacks loveseat linebackers who like to think they could take a tackle, yet they're too soft to take a knee.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That article explains it perfectly. Kaepernick tried to make it seem like his shirt was about Maclcolm X, yet chose one with Castro...

Then he talks about Cubas literacy rates :laugh: as the writer said, they are submitted by the same people who submit the "election" results.

So if he has proof...... show it.

I don't think the NFL ever promised anything more than what was publicly announced... they wouldn't want a mess like this.

Can't he just be grateful they are doing something for him that they have never ever done before? Not even Peyton Manning got his own pro-day when he was a free agent. :facepalm:
Why does it matter about knowing in advance who will be attending.
Go out and perform to the best of your ability. Have your people bring their camera phones to video it so that you have proof if virtually no teams show up.

4 teams are on a bye week plus Pitt and Cleveland play on Thursday. The other 26 teams, see how many send a scout.

maybe not for the remainder of this season but have to consider next season.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Teams simply don’t want the media to pester their coaches or other players about Kaep and his protests.
If they just keep that to Kaep only, he’d likely be on a team. but teams know that’s not how it works with the media.
wouldn't be too hard for the coaches and players to simply not answer the questions

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Or, they will choose not to sign a guy who hasn't played a single snap of football in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad