Kaepernick agent: No return calls from Jets, Saints and Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kind of a nice self-fulfilling prophecy the NFL has created. Collude to ban a guy for a few seasons and then later say he shouldn't be signed because he hasn't played in a few seasons.

A) No proof of collusion. All speculative.

B) How many QBs or even players have been signed after not even playing in a AFL-type of league for 3 years? I.E. not playing one single snap of even semi-professional football.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Kind of a nice self-fulfilling prophecy the NFL has created. Collude to ban a guy for a few seasons and then later say he shouldn't be signed because he hasn't played in a few seasons.

No collusion is necessary when you make yourself as toxic and unsignable as Colin chose to.

Reactions: McRpro

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
I hope Miami signs him, the fallout with the Cuban population down there would be a sight to see.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What about the time his unhinged girlfriend call the owner of the Ravens a slave master and compared Ray Lewis (who was trying to help him) to a slave?
Good point. Every scouting report has a spot where the girlfriend’s comments are scored. It’s right below sock choice and right above 40 time in how teams rate players.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
C3C6E819-52C0-4F44-BB91-218BA88DBEE3.png
B93C0316-83E8-49B8-946E-879B77C79DFD.png

I'm sure you have some stats to back this up.

Need more sources for getting benched?

I do believe he is good enough to be a backup even though he declined the Bronco’s offer years ago.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What teams are likely to have legit interest?

- Bears (Have to consider it for next year, Doesn't hurt to send scouts and get film on him , etc incase they want to sign him)
- TB (May not be bad enough to finish high enough for top QB in draft , Could use Kaepernick as 1 yr stop gap or vet backup if they do draft kid)
- SD (Rivers is garbage and they have no one behind him)

Who else do you suspect have legit potential interest?

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
Need more sources for getting benched?

I do believe he is good enough to be a backup even though he declined the Bronco’s offer years ago.

Were you intentionally trying to make the dumbest post in the history of HF?

You claimed he was outplayed.

I'll give you a head start.

That season, Gabbert had a lower completion percentage, fewer yards per game, a lower touchdown rate, tripled Kaepernick's interception rate, had fewer yards per attempt, a QBR 22.3 points lower, and wasn't even half the running threat Kaepernick was. By every single metric, Kaep did beat out Gabbert. The 49ers were a garbage team throwing **** at the wall hoping something would work.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That's why the NFL settled out of court for millions right?
If the reports are correct that it wasn’t for the tens of millions that the media expected, but was maybe closer to $10 mill then $300K per team is a drop in the bucket for them to make it go away.

Obviously this isn’t the ideal setup that CK wanted but when you are unemployed and want to get back into the NFL you have to do things on their terms.

go and do your best. Make sure your people have video evidence of who is there and what teams they represent.

Realistically he should hope that one of the teams that comes on Saturday asks to bring him in for a team workout afterwards.

If no deal this year then la the ground work for the off season. Veteran Backups are often interchangeable. Depends who the starter is.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Obviously this isn’t the ideal setup that CK wanted but when you are unemployed and want to get back into the NFL you have to do things on their terms.

Wait...any team could've brought him in for an individual workout at any time over the last three years. Why has a Saturday workout been scheduled with a five day notice, with representatives from 12 franchises confirmed to be attending (suddenly interested to see how he looks), as if this is some kind of unofficial re-reinstatement?

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Reactions: J T Money

KingArthursCourt

pronouns: he/him/his
Nov 11, 2019
British Columbia
No collusion is necessary when you make yourself as toxic and unsignable as Colin chose to.

Whatever happened to:

This is ignorance of the highest order.

Freedom of Speech is an inalienable human right. It means that that words do not have consequences. If expressing your opinion leads to termination, then that most import human right has been taken away.

Canada does not have freedom of speech. The US no longer does as well.

The free and open exchange of ideas is the foundation of western society. That includes bad ideas, wrong ideas, and offensive ideas. Without this, humanity has no future. On our current trajectory, humanity has no hope.

And the saddest part of all is the people who applaud.

Oh right, that only applies to Don Cherry and people whose political opinions you agree with.

Reactions: MXD

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That's why the NFL settled out of court for millions right?

Thats why Kapernick decided to settle right?

& for the most part, they were entering a year of celebrations for their 100th season, its very likely they did not want any negative headlines/stories lingering around. It was fairly easy for them to cut a check for the 5-10 million he got. If he had undeniable evidence of collusion, then I doubt he would have settled. Could have made more + embarrassed the very league he accused of colluding against him.

Amazing people still think he was unemployed for years all because of socks or stuff his girlfriend said.

I'm not denying the whole kneeling thing turned teams away. But what happened after didn't help either. He chose to kneel which is fine, he has the right to do so whether you agree with it or not, he chose to make fun of police which is his right, he chose to be a Fidel Castro supporter which is his right. I don't think he is ignorant enough to think his kneeling would not have any consequences, as well as everything he did afterwards. He chose to go down this path and I guess he's doing fine with his NFL settlement + Nike deal.

But FWIW, Eric Reid joined him and is still playing in the NFL :dunno:

Whatever happened to:

Oh right, that only applies to Don Cherry and people whose political opinions you agree with.

People get fired/punished for things they tweet or have said years ago, so yea free speech isn't exactly free anymore. You can get punished for the things you say.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Brutal thread, same old re-hashed arguments from 3 years ago.

The owners and general managers knew Kaep could still ball and would be a better starting option on a few different teams but also knew signing him would 1) probably hurt their bottom lines and 2) cause a massive distraction to the organization trying to focus on winning football games.

The implication that they congregated at some rich white guy compound and put him on a blacklist is pretty funny, I think they all independently reached the aforementioned conclusion on their own rather easily. The guy just wasn't worth it, despite him being a better option than a lot of other guys.

You saw how tired the Patriots got of reporters asking about Antonio Brown. They didn't release him when or because the rape allegations came out, they released him when Belichek couldn't deal with the questoins any more. And Brown was obviously a lot more of a transcendent talent than Kaepernick. Obviously raping someone is a lot more serious than not standing for a song, but it would have been a similar situation in terms of the hounding and political questions.

I don't buy the settlement as evidence that collusion took place as Mouser explained.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Thats why Kapernick decided to settle right?

& for the most part, they were entering a year of celebrations for their 100th season, its very likely they did not want any negative headlines/stories lingering around. It was fairly easy for them to cut a check for the 5-10 million he got. If he had undeniable evidence of collusion, then I doubt he would have settled. Could have made more + embarrassed the very league he accused of colluding against him.
You said there is NO evidence. My point is there must have been even a little, enough for the NFL to want to make it go away and not want to get to the discovery stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad