Kaepernick agent: No return calls from Jets, Saints and Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Yes, the NFL picking the day before a game guaranteed that no people of importance would be able to attend. That appears to have been intentional.

Maybe the NFL intentionally did that, but it just doesn’t seem in their best interests to do so to me. The NFL already settled the Kaepernick lawsuit just 9 months ago. The league arguably would have been better off not doing anything that might bring the whole NFL/Kaepernick grievance back to the front page.

While the whole workout idea may have been ill advised or otherwise botched by the NFL or Kaepernick I think it’s a stretch to think the NFL engaged in this workout proposal with malicious intent. The explanation of Jay-Z pushing for something that could potentially create positive PR for both the NFL and Kaepernick makes more sense in my opinion.

The scheduling on Saturday makes some sense if you consider the location and logistics. It was scheduled for Saturday at the Atlanta Falcons practice facility, using Falcons staff for filming and managing the visiting reps. The Falcons team practiced at the facility all week before flying out on Saturday for a Sunday road game at Carolina. Any workout like the NFL organized using a team practice facility mid week during the season is going to create conflicts with the resident team.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Maybe the NFL intentionally did that, but it just doesn’t seem in their best interests to do so to me. The NFL already settled the Kaepernick lawsuit just 9 months ago. The league arguably would have been better off not doing anything that might bring the whole NFL/Kaepernick grievance back to the front page.

While the whole workout idea may have been ill advised or otherwise botched by the NFL or Kaepernick I think it’s a stretch to think the NFL engaged in this workout proposal with malicious intent. The explanation of Jay-Z pushing for something that could potentially create positive PR for both the NFL and Kaepernick makes more sense in my opinion.

The scheduling on Saturday makes some sense if you consider the location and logistics. It was scheduled for Saturday at the Atlanta Falcons practice facility, using Falcons staff for filming and managing the visiting reps. The Falcons team practiced at the facility all week before flying out on Saturday for a Sunday road game at Carolina. Any workout like the NFL organized using a team practice facility mid week during the season is going to create conflicts with the resident team.

Last part is the main point. + team staff wouldn't want to leave their team or assignments mid-week just for a workout.

Not like you can use college facilities either at this time of the year, and even if you could they probably don't have the same standards as NFL facilities do.

LOL, Clay Travis is such a stupid, knuckle-dragging moron.

A poorly-educated little turd like him trying to explain stock market trends to someone else is pretty hilarious. He just can't accept that he's been shown his ass because his original claim was such obvious crap.

Not for anything, and if you don't like the guy thats your business but I wouldn't describe someone who went to GW and Vanderbilt Law as "poorly educated." :dunno:

(I don't care for him one way or the other; some of his stuff is good other times he has insane hot takes)

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Pro Days and the Combine sure. The Kaepernick workout would have been a unique situation happening midseason where availability of coaches and GMs is restricted.

I haven’t seen the list of folks teams sent? Any GM’s or assistant GM’s make the trip?

And even then your statement was “nothing he did on that Saturday was going to lead to an NFL job”. What’s preventing a team that didn’t send a GM from receiving a positive report from their scouts/reps/tape and inviting Kaepernick to their town for a more in depth job interview?

No. Only lower level scouts.

Eagles VP of football ops went.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...gh-ranking-official-colin-kaepernicks-workout

Besides, there obviously was not a requirement for the Dorsey's and Belichick's of the league to go. Those types of guys are usually busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad