Kaepernick agent: No return calls from Jets, Saints and Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
You said there is NO evidence. My point is there must have been even a little, enough for the NFL to want to make it go away and not want to get to the discovery stage.

Depends. Maybe they just realized instead of battling it out in court for another 2 or 3 years, they could write him a check for 5-10 million (whatever it was) which is pocket change to them. Plus once politicians got involved in the whole kneeling thing it created a whole new set of headlines & problems. Think about it, other than this week his name has not really come up in the news since the settlement.

Plus you had entertainers like Jay Z and Rihanna refusing to do the SB half time show, which is a huge money maker for the league, in support of him. Now the league can bring them in if they want to (look at last years mediocre show as an example, numerous artists declined to perform because of Kapernick).

Besides, you'd think something w_r_t evidence would've been leaked one way or another.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This doesn't smell right. Supposedly no one is interested, but teams are showing up knowing the NFL is curating the workout?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
They don’t bench the better QB for the lesser QB permanently like SF did, so they seemed to think so.

I also think it’s laughable that they thought Gabbart was better.

Edit: same response here for you @Crossfire Hurricane
yeah he was benched against the bears at soldier field after being sacked 5 times and going 1-4 passing for 4 yds in snowy weather. worth pointing out that neither team completed a pass in the first quarter of that game

coming into that game he had thrown for the most yds in any 4 game stretch in his career. so no, gabbert was not the better QB like some of you like to think. kaepernick literally had one bad game in terrible weather and was benched

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ancisco-49ers-fourth-quarter-vs-chicago-bears

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This whole thing smacks of the NFL trying to find another way to beat/embarass Kaepernick after they had to pay him off to avoid collusion discovery in court. What's the point otherwise of giving him a workout but doing it with no notice, at nobody's convenience on a Saturday then trying to be the only ones to control the video and messaging after it?

KingArthursCourt

pronouns: he/him/his
Nov 11, 2019
British Columbia
Pretty clear the NFL wanted the ability to edit and splice together a bunch of clips of Kaepernick looking rusty/inaccurate and farm it out to ESPN and other compliant media, and didn't want the ability to be there for the media, Kaepernick, or anyone else to provide visual evidence to the contrary.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The Giants basically showed up to dispel the fact the Maras aren’t racist. I’m not sure anyone bought that attempt

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Holy hell, I cannot wait until we have a NFL season where this guy isn't talked about constantly.
The NFL is the one who set up the original workout. 'Talking about Kaepernick' is clearly something they were willing to have happen.

Reactions: CDJ

KingArthursCourt

pronouns: he/him/his
Nov 11, 2019
British Columbia
If he was trying to impress the many conservative white owners (which I know he wasn't), this was an epic fail.

That impressing the owners, as opposed to the coaches and GMs who should actually be making field personnel decisions, is a relevant and salient factor shows in and of itself the extent to which this is not about football (from the side of the NFL/owners).

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Ehh, i was just being an ass. I actually hope he has a good work out.

He probably will and none of it will matter anyways. This thing was a complete sham by the NFL from the get-go. I'm not surprised that Kaepernick and his reps pulled a 180 at the last second and instead decided to hold their own non-NFL-sanctioned workout at a different venue where the media can be present and his workout can be taped by outside sources.

No report yet on what socks he’s wearing.

He probably wouldn't be wearing this if he thought he would be given a fair chance. With all the crap that the NFL has tried to put him through this week, I think he sees the writing on the wall. At this point, he's probably just trying to make a statement and trying to make the NFL look like a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad