Kaepernick agent: No return calls from Jets, Saints and Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Seriously when we gonna stop reading about this failure? He sucked was a great athlete but a bad QB had his time now go away. He took a payout this was nothing about racism if it was he'd never had settled. It was the dollar that he was after nothing more. He's not coming back after 3 years at 31 move on people nothing here.
Not a single person made you click on this thread and respond. You don't want to talk about it, then don't.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
He should go take a job in the CFL and atleast prove to teams that he actually wants to play football. Im not convinced he wants to play football.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Not a single person made you click on this thread and respond. You don't want to talk about it, then don't.
No they didn't but seriously he's been out of league 3 years and not playing anywhere. Do you really believe even he thinks someone will give him a chance after sitting 3 years or you think he just wants the attention? He wasn't good when he left league he hasn't gotten better sitting 3 years so why does he continue this nonsense in media? As far as I know he hasn't even been to a NFL camp since leaving. Don't mean to sound rude and if I did come across that way I apologize but this guy just irks me.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I'm not the one with a blatant agenda to back him. Everything you have said is a rosy and often inaccurate perception of his final days there.

He's not any good at all, let's face it. There was NO COLLUSION AND NO OBSTRUCTION to him getting a NFL deal. Again, if he was any good any number of teams would be GLAD to take him.

[mod]

Dude was blackballed from the league. Just straight-up infringement of the first amendment when the president is saying don't hire the dude due to his freedom of expression.

The pig socks were a huge misstep, I don't actually think Kap is the brightest guy or the best leader for this movement- but I think his basic point is just and he lost his well-deserved job over it. Since then he's put his money where his mouth is helping black communities, but he wore pig socks once. GET HIM!

All that said, it's been 3 years, he thrives in a particular kind of offense, and yes, there'd be a media circus. I understand not wanting him now, but I also feel like someone like the Dolphins should take one for the team just to bury this issue. Either he has it or doesn't and if he has it the attention shifts to football, if he doesn't he can be released for the right reasons this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Dude was blackballed from the league. Just straight-up infringement of the first amendment when the president is saying don't hire the dude due to his freedom of expression.

The pig socks were a huge misstep, I don't actually think Kap is the brightest guy or the best leader for this movement- but I think his basic point is just and he lost his well-deserved job over it. Since then he's put his money where his mouth is helping black communities, but he wore pig socks once. GET HIM!

All that said, it's been 3 years, he thrives in a particular kind of offense, and yes, there'd be a media circus. I understand not wanting him now, but I also feel like someone like the Dolphins should take one for the team just to bury this issue. Either he has it or doesn't and if he has it the attention shifts to football, if he doesn't he can be released for the right reasons this time.

What do you mean "released for the right reasons?" He opted out of a contract.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
What do you mean "released for the right reasons?" He opted out of a contract.

Apologies for that one inaccuracy- you're right, he opted out. Point largely stands though, if he's gonna be outta the league I'd like it to be for the right reasons. He's better than half the league's backups, yet here we are.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Apologies for that one inaccuracy- you're right, he opted out. Point largely stands though, if he's gonna be outta the league I'd like it to be for the right reasons. He's better than half the league's backups, yet here we are.

Are you sure about that? In his last season playing he lost the starting job to Blaine Gabbert. It seems like too many of his supporters are just watching highlights of him from 2012 and 2013 and nothing since. He isn't going to come in after not playing for 3 years and save some team's season.

But even if he is better than some of the current back-ups, no team wants their back-up QB being that much of a distraction.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dec 17, 2018
Are you sure about that? In his last season playing he lost the starting job to Blaine Gabbert. It seems like too many of his supporters are just watching highlights of him from 2012 and 2013 and nothing since. He isn't going to come in after not playing for 3 years and save some team's season.

But even if he is better than some of the current back-ups, no team wants their back-up QB being that much of a distraction.

No, I look at his stats that prove him to be better than half the backups out there. I understand the second point, wish it weren't that way, but that's also where I hang my head that the POTUS blew it up even bigger and interfered with a citizen's freedom of expression. Kap woulda been (more) employable 2-3 years ago without that government interference, but I know that's not the discussion here. I understand why teams wouldn't want that attention, I just think it's a shame when capitalism comes before our basic rights.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Appeal to authority is getting desperate, especially when it’s Jim Tomsula.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
They're fine with born-again murderers, too.
I would have called most fans bluff on this. The team calling their fans, is making their fans think they actually had a say in the matter.

Also LOL at Ravens fans trying to take the high road and say they wouldnt renew season tickets if Kaepernick was signed. They gave Ray Rice a standing ovation after knocking out his girlfriend, yet somehow draw the line at Kaepernick

Oh, I agree 100% on the hypocrisy of it all. Point was though I would bet a few teams considering signing CK did this sort of due diligence.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Oh, I agree 100% on the hypocrisy of it all. Point was though I would bet a few teams considering signing CK did this sort of due diligence.
I feel like asking your fanbase though on there thoughts about it is basically confirming youre not seriously considering it. The club is giving themselves an excuse not sign him. I know its not apples to applea but the Patriots didnt call their seasom ticket holders and ask them how they felt about signing AB

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He should go take a job in the CFL and atleast prove to teams that he actually wants to play football. Im not convinced he wants to play football.

Not sure if they reached out but I would not be shocked if he thought he was "too good" for the CFL.

Wonder if the AAF reached out to him when they were a thing. XFL is an option too.

Aside from the pig socks he also wore a shirt with Fidel Castro on it.... in Miami.... then his girlfriend compared NFL owners to slave owners.... a

RE Miami, good luck signing a Castro fan when your team is based in South Florida.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
No, I look at his stats that prove him to be better than half the backups out there. I understand the second point, wish it weren't that way, but that's also where I hang my head that the POTUS blew it up even bigger and interfered with a citizen's freedom of expression. Kap woulda been (more) employable 2-3 years ago without that government interference, but I know that's not the discussion here. I understand why teams wouldn't want that attention, I just think it's a shame when capitalism comes before our basic rights.

Playing in the NFL is not a basic right. If Kaepernick was good enough, he would have gotten an opportunity no matter what his detractors would have said. The only way a really talented player doesn't get an opportunity is if they go bat shit crazy. See Brown, Antonio.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I think we can all understand why Miami would never consider him. He burned that bridge all on his own.

And when you have players and coaches like Carroll who have said since day 1 to today that you're good enough to play/start in the nfl, why should you go to a AAA affiliate?? If the league really doesn't want him, tearing up a minor league equivalent won't move the needle any in a potential signing.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Miami wont touch him after the Castro debacle as pointed out by Clowe

He is no go for Dolphins for that reason alone

Reactions: PanthersPens62

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I'm not the one with a blatant agenda to back him. Everything you have said is a rosy and often inaccurate perception of his final days there.

He's not any good at all, let's face it. There was NO COLLUSION AND NO OBSTRUCTION to him getting a NFL deal. Again, if he was any good any number of teams would be GLAD to take him.
Didn't he just win a lawsuit against the NFL accusing the league of this?

Surely he must be better than Paxton Lynch (Steelers just signed to ther practice squad) and Devlin (current backup and UDFA). With that being said, the media circus around his presence would be too much of a distraction for most teams.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008

Surely he must be better than Paxton Lynch (Steelers just signed to ther practice squad) and Devlin (current backup and UDFA). With that being said, the media circus around his presence would be too much of a distraction for most teams.
Plus after settlement, who is going to touch a sue happy 3rd rate QB?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

Nope, he didn't win a lawsuit.

Kaep and the NFL settled the suit. If we go by the reported small settlement amount it would appear the NFL's case was much stronger then Kaep's.

Reactions: DoyleG and Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
AAF reached out to both him and Tebow

AAF talked to Colin Kaepernick

And according to AP he wanted 20M+ to play for AAF

Colin Kaepernick wanted $20 million to play for AAF, per report

What a joke. "Been working out at 5am everyday for the last 3 years" *gets offered a job* nah I'm good unless you pay me more per year than I have ever been paid previously.

Tebow I get why he said no, has a sweet lucrative TV gig and is still doing the baseball thing.

Kaep and the NFL settled the suit. If we go by the reported small settlement amount it would appear the NFL's case was much stronger then Kaep's.

Yea, and me thinks they settled just to get it over with and focus solely on their upcoming 100th season (talking in past tense).

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB

Funny that his supporters are using 2012 and 2013 as examples. Frank Gore was a bigger reason the got to the SuperBowl in the first place.

Kaep just stunk up the following year as they needed a FG to get past the Packers. The NFC Championship game saw him blow many opportunities to win the game outright, notwithstanding The Tip.

You can easily see how actual Niners fans felt about that game they should've won. Especially given how the Seahawks smacked the Broncos around in the SuperBowl.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

I disagree. Nfl and their lawyers fight it the whole way if they have a sealed shut case. They didn't.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Funny that his supporters are using 2012 and 2013 as examples. Frank Gore was a bigger reason the got to the SuperBowl in the first place.

Kaep just stunk up the following year as they needed a FG to get past the Packers. The NFC Championship game saw him blow many opportunities to win the game outright, notwithstanding The Tip.

You can easily see how actual Niners fans felt about that game they should've won. Especially given how the Seahawks smacked the Broncos around in the SuperBowl.
This is one of the worst descriptions of that timeline possible. Alternate reality, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad