Kaepernick agent: No return calls from Jets, Saints and Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
Because he's not any good

Heck the Patriots brought Antonio Brown aboard and think about all the shit he did :laugh:

member 157595

Brees and Darnold will be back soon enough. The Saints have a more than capable backup and supporting cast to carry on while the Jets are looking forward.

As for the Steelers, Rudolph had a good game having to come in under that situation. The INT he threw wasn't his fault and he was certainly showing he could match Wilson drive for drive.

Jags will be fine.

The only way he winds up in Miami is through one massive act of self-criticism, which is highly unlikely.

No one that wears a Fidel Castro shirt, regardless of his intention in doing so, is welcome in Miami-Dade County. No one.

Reactions: Herby and Voight

member 157595

I

This is a league where we seen a team pickup an absolute nutcase in Antonio Brown. A league where Michael Vick was welcomed back with open arms despite a near overwhelming outcry from animal rights activists/supporters (though to Vick's credit he did a really good job of rehabilitating himself and actually showing remorse for his actions)

I honestly believe the focus now is on the fact he hasn't played in years more than his social justice protests/etc.

People might have had a case back in the day about him being blackballed, but now not so much.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other about Kaepernick's protests, so if I were an owner his political/social beliefs would definitely not have prevented me from signing him. However, whether Kaepernick wants it or not, massive media and fan distraction follow him wherever he goes and if I'm an owner I wouldn't have been willing to deal with all that extracurricular stuff just to sign a guy that was a lower-tier starter at the time he stopped playing. For me, it's not directly because of him personally, but because of what comes with him. I don't think he was good enough at the time to warrant the risk. However, I damn well wouldn't have been stupid enough to collude with a competitor in order to keep out a player for any reason and if any NFL owner actually did that they deserve much worse than what actually happened.

One big difference between CK and AB is that AB is unanimously a Top 5 WR in the world; not just good at his job, but dominant. It's even worse in a way, because whether one agrees with CK's stance or not he was trying to make a difference. AB is just obliviously live-streaming his career death for absolutely nothing other than narcissism and possible mental health issues.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
16/4 td/int with Jeremy Goddamn Kerley as his #1, along with 6.8 ypc with a trash oline. All that having missed the first 5 games and all of training camp recovering from 3 offseason surgeries.

People really don't have a clue. Tom Brady wouldn't have dragged that team above 3-13.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
16/4 td/int with Jeremy Goddamn Kerley as his #1, along with 6.8 ypc with a trash oline. All that having missed the first 5 games and all of training camp recovering from 3 offseason surgeries.

People really don't have a clue. Tom Brady wouldn't have dragged that team above 3-13.
You still holding on to this cat in a keeper league or something? :laugh:

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Nothing pertinent to say back, I see.
I can't get my head around why people push so hard for this guy, he is RGIII with baggage.He was fun to watch till the league figured him out and he didn't adapt,happens to a lot of QBs. Then he bought his personal beliefs to a stage that wasn't his.Kneeling didn't bother me but in your words i could see how it could rub someone the wrong way. Way i see it now he is just trying to keep his name in the paper.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I can't get my head around why people push so hard for this guy, he is RGIII with baggage.He was fun to watch till the league figured him out and he didn't adapt,happens to a lot of QBs. Then he bought his personal beliefs to a stage that wasn't his.Kneeling didn't bother me but in your words i could see how it could rub someone the wrong way. Way i see it now he is just trying to keep his name in the paper.
It's not pushing for him as much as it's setting the record straight. He had a rating at 90.7 and almost 500 rush yards in his last year. He provided value that season, despite the narrative people try to spin. He was never offered a legit roster spot the following season, despite what people say.

He wasn't elite, but he sure as hell wasn't as bad as a lot of the guys we've seen since he's been gone. At least call it for what it really is.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
It's not pushing for him as much as it's setting the record straight. He had a rating at 90.7 and almost 500 rush yards in his last year. He provided value that season, despite the narrative people try to spin. He was never offered a legit roster spot the following season, despite what people say.

He wasn't elite, but he sure as hell wasn't as bad as a lot of the guys we've seen since he's been gone. At least call it for what it really is.
So he might have got a bad deal ,but play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Sep 19, 2008

He did a terrible job as niners qb and was rightfully benched. Stop trying to shill us with your revisionist history . Nobody is fooled

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
So he might have got a bad deal ,but play stupid games win stupid prizes.
And I'm fine with that response because it at least acknowledges the fact he was blackballed. And I agree they can do that by rule as long as they don't outwardly say so.
He did a terrible job as niners qb and was rightfully benched. Stop trying to shill us with your revisionist history . Nobody is fooled
You are clueless. He became the starter in week 6 when he was MEDICALLY CLEARED to play, and started every game after. I already provided stats that rebuke you bad stance. Chip Kelly said Kap would have been starter day 1 of he was healthy.

Quit living life in soundbites and open your eyes.

Sep 19, 2008
And I'm fine with that response because it at least acknowledges the fact he was blackballed. And I agree they can do that by rule as long as they don't outwardly say so.

You are clueless. He became the starter in week 6 when he was MEDICALLY CLEARED to play, and started every game after. I already provided stats that rebuke you bad stance. Chip Kelly said Kap would have been starter day 1 of he was healthy.

Quit living life in soundbites and open your eyes.
His last year in the league was terrible. Your partisan ass is unable to analyze this without any type of slant. Be happy you slightly improved at QB although I'm still not sold on garopolo!

Sep 19, 2008
If he was good at football why isn't he playing?

There's no collusion. No obstruction. He's just bad.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
His last year in the league was terrible. Your partisan ass is unable to analyze this without any type of slant. Be happy you slightly improved at QB although I'm still not sold on garopolo!
Your partisan ass thinks the Redskins are worth a shit. Enjoy 3-13 at best.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It has nothing to do with his end with the 49ers, Kaepernick had an offer on the table from the Broncos prior to that and didn’t take it.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It has nothing to do with his end with the 49ers, Kaepernick had an offer on the table from the Broncos prior to that and didn’t take it.
That's a lie.

He was offered to be traded to Denver BEFORE his final season but had to take a paycut of almost half his salary. Like a smart person, he said no.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

224-369 (60.7%)
2,606 yds
19 TD's
6 INT
91.4 QB Rtg

QB who put up this season was released , Is this not a great season by your standards worthy of being a #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad