Proposal: Kadri for Manson

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
We dont have 2 1cs , and marleau can play 3c also

Leafs fans have already said that Marleau has told management he's not interested in playing C. I don't follow Leaf news closely enough to know the validity of it but I'll take their word for it.

Also not sure what having 2 1Cs has to do with it? Its just about moving your best winger down to the 3rd line to fill a C position. Seems like poor usage of assets where you might be hindering the productivity of one of your most dynamic offensive players.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Manson brings a different element to our blueline then our other defenseman making him extra valuable to the Ducks. Don't want to trade him. Not willing to trade him for Kadri.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Manson is way too good to trade him for a 3C, as much as I like Kadri and think is a tremendous player.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Leafs fans have already said that Marleau has told management he's not interested in playing C. I don't follow Leaf news closely enough to know the validity of it but I'll take their word for it.

Also not sure what having 2 1Cs has to do with it? Its just about moving your best winger down to the 3rd line to fill a C position. Seems like poor usage of assets where you might be hindering the productivity of one of your most dynamic offensive players.
It means you take away that 3c, and its really irrelevant they still have top 3 center depth in the league.

Nylander/Marleau are potential options, johnasson I think is a center, they can always trade for a rental 3c.

I think Manson would improve TML at their 1RHD position(imagine him playing with Rielly) a lot more than kadri at your 3c... not a shot at kadri(I like him a lot) but they have more than enough weapons offensively, and I they can pick up a top 4 RHD on a solid contract for the next 4 years without giving up their top 4 offensive players, and keeping their 1st and top prospects... there is literally no way they don't do that. Specially with dubas at the helm.

Despite what I think kapanens trade value is, he will be a solid NHL'r when he gets his chance, and I think johnsson will be a serviceable 3 or 4c at the nhl level... the leafs still have a few prospects up front that can easily jump into their bottom 6.

Not saying Anaheim would do it, tho its much closer in value then a lot of trade offers we get for manson.

Reactions: HavocWreaker

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
It means you take away that 3c, and its really irrelevant they still have top 3 center depth in the league.

Nylander/Marleau are potential options, johnasson I think is a center, they can always trade for a rental 3c.

I think Manson would improve TML at their 1RHD position(imagine him playing with Rielly) a lot more than kadri at your 3c... not a shot at kadri(I like him a lot) but they have more than enough weapons offensively, and I they can pick up a top 4 RHD on a solid contract for the next 4 years without giving up their top 4 offensive players, and keeping their 1st and top prospects... there is literally no way they don't do that. Specially with dubas at the helm.

Despite what I think kapanens trade value is, he will be a solid NHL'r when he gets his chance, and I think johnsson will be a serviceable 3 or 4c at the nhl level... the leafs still have a few prospects up front that can easily jump into their bottom 6.

Not saying Anaheim would do it, tho its much closer in value then a lot of trade offers we get for manson.

I'm not disagreeing with most of what you're saying but the point is simply that losing Kadri absolutely loses strength for them down the middle. I already explained why Marleau/Nylander are probably poor options (or not an option) in the post you quoted and Johnsson is far from being a proven 3C. I'm not saying that the move would handicap the roster (because that offense would still be incredible) and I completely agree that adding Manson would heavily outweigh losing Kadri but I can't agree with saying that they wouldn't lose strength down the middle. Lets just agree to disagree on that last point though because it's not really that important and we agree on everything else.

PitchNHL

Jul 18, 2018
Don't hate it from a Leaf pov, but I'm more inclined to just wait for now and trade for a stopgap with futures when they become available (and they will as teams settle into the buyer & seller roles)

this Leafs team coasted to the post season last year with the same defence corps and the offense has been upgraded, I don't think waiting until towards the TDL makes much of a difference
Typical HF leafs fan proposal: doesn’t think for a second about the other team’s needs and player fit but assumes it’s good cause it fits with the leafs

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Typical HF leafs fan proposal: doesn’t think for a second about the other team’s needs and player fit but assumes it’s good cause it fits with the leafs
typical leaf hater response - finds the negative where ever it can, and is frothing at the mouth to cast dispersion on HFleafs

read down in the thread and you'll see that I don't think it's a good idea from Anaheim's perspective, and read the post you quoted and you'll see "Leaf pov" explicitly stated

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
News flash....every poster that makes proposals here thinks about their team...and you will notice most Leafs fans saying Ducks pass.

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
News flash....every poster that makes proposals here thinks about their team...and you will notice most Leafs fans saying Ducks pass.

It must really suck to be a rational Leaf fan. So many extreme-bias posters have given you guys such a reputation that even when your own fans are saying no, you guys are still all labeled homers. :laugh::rolleyes:

Edit: It might not be a bunch of biased posters but rather a few, very vocal biased posters.

Reactions: PitchNHL

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
I like montour.

Wouldn't trade Kadri and this stage of our team/cap hit he has for montour.

I assume Anh wouldn't trade montour for kadri either.

Anh- leafs dont work

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
It must really suck to be a rational Leaf fan. So many extreme-bias posters have given you guys such a reputation that even when your own fans are saying no, you guys are still all labeled homers. :laugh::rolleyes:

Edit: It might not be a bunch of biased posters but rather a few, very vocal biased posters.
Bingo....and you know what they say about one rotten apple...

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Good trade. Toronto has to add a small part. You won't get better until your D gets better. Why waste Kadri at 3C?

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Not full use of talents. Well not a complete waste and actually good insurance but insurance costs too much. I guess you could give your 3Cs 18 minutes each.

lol i like the back track my friend but then you said insurance costs too much. Just look up his salary/point production/penalties drawn/term and that point is irrelevant and actually reversed to becoming a positive for kadri.

Don't think going from a position of strength (centre) to trading him away to make our defence decent is the way to go. If we could trade a winger I'd look into it but trading our position of strength before the season starts doesn't seem to smart to me..nothing against manson

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
In a vacuum, their values are similar but Manson is a unique blend of attributes that the Ducks dont have outside of him.
People will disagree but I think it would be an even swap but ultimately, the Ducks would say no because of the aforementioned reason

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
If he's happy then it's all good. I forget the numbers but he is a bargain right now. Oh, $4.5 for another 4 years and he is 27. Never-mind.
What about Little and Trouba for Kadri? Jet fans won't do it though.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If he's happy then it's all good. I forget the numbers but he is a bargain right now. Oh, $4.5 for another 4 years and he is 27. Never-mind.
What about Little and Trouba for Kadri? Jet fans won't do it though.
Trouba is Florida/Detroit-bound and has not a big enough difference maker to justify the 2 year rental.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Not full use of talents. Well not a complete waste and actually good insurance but insurance costs too much. I guess you could give your 3Cs 18 minutes each.
I don't think that Kadri's role changes that much honestly, he was already the "3C" last year that got more defensive usage and matched up against top lines in a checking capacity, Bozak's line got the traditional 2nd line usage - offensive, against weaker competition to try to exploit. Kadri's averaged about 16.5mins total toi/gp in the last 2 years, I see that continuing. If anything, Tavares' line probably draws more of the tough match ups where we don't have last change, so Kadri's minutes might get easier on average. He hasn't been used as a penalty killer but is on the top 2 PP units, and very likely continues there on the wing for one of Matthews or Tavares

it will probably be the 4th line that loses time at even strength

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Kadris snarl and contract make it tough.

Manson would really help the team Nylander could shift to center and kapanen and Johnson will both finally get minutes this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad