Proposal: Kadri for Manson

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I won'rt speak for all Leafs fans, nor should you say "Leafs fans think X"... feel free to name the dolts that said it, there isn't a spec of evidence that makes Nylander a 1C...right now he is a winger with the ability to play C if needed,
Man, where were you during that Nylander for Lindholm thread where some Leafs fans were arguing that Nylander was a top line center because he played a few games in the NHL as one and was one doing a tournament. Your reasoning is the exact same I used but they weren’t buying it.

Reactions: Deuce22

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
If the Ducks didn't trade Vatanen for Henrique I could see this being a possibility.

Even if they hadn't, the Ducks would probably be looking to move Vats or Monty over Manson. I think the Ducks move Vats+ or Monty+ over Manson in that situation.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Man, where were you during that Nylander for Lindholm thread where some Leafs fans were arguing that Nylander was a top line center because he played a few games in the NHL as one and was one doing a tournament. Your reasoning is the exact same I used but they weren’t buying it.
I was there for a brief moment...i believe i posted something like "Ducks won't be trading Lindholm".

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Don't hate it from a Leaf pov, but I'm more inclined to just wait for now and trade for a stopgap with futures when they become available (and they will as teams settle into the buyer & seller roles)

this Leafs team coasted to the post season last year with the same defence corps and the offense has been upgraded, I don't think waiting until towards the TDL makes much of a difference

The d has some small upgrades as well. Polak being gone is a huge plus. Guy can clear the crease, but that's his only skill. Too slow, can't move the puck.

Any change that involves reducing Hainsey's minutes is also an upgrade. Replacing TWO "defensive black holes" -hf favourite term for jvr and Bozak- should also contribute to overall team D improving.

If the right side is a little better at moving the puck up to the forward group, we should see better numbers defensively.

I wouldn't give up this centre depth for fair value trades

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Wow! I am surprised that any Leafs poster turns this down. To me, Manson is exactly what the Leafs need... and Kadri will be your 3C.

You read “you have overpay to get Player X”... well this is your overpay and it fills your #1 need without giving up your Big 4 forwards.

Solidifying you’re top 4D is much more important than giving up a guy who will play 3C on your team (an actual 2C).

If this trade offer doesn’t work for any Leaf fan then you might as well enter every thread and just say you are not interested in trading anything of value off of your team... you will only give your depth players... but expect that is all you are going to get in return.

Reactions: rhef3

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
The d has some small upgrades as well. Polak being gone is a huge plus. Guy can clear the crease, but that's his only skill. Too slow, can't move the puck.

Any change that involves reducing Hainsey's minutes is also an upgrade. Replacing TWO "defensive black holes" -hf favourite term for jvr and Bozak- should also contribute to overall team D improving.

If the right side is a little better at moving the puck up to the forward group, we should see better numbers defensively.

I wouldn't give up this centre depth for fair value trades
I think in general the Leafs defensive weaknesses are really overstated, we're missing 1 really good player but there's lots of depth of NHL talent. Agree whole-heartedly on Polak, so glad to see him gone

And I agree on JVR/Bozak too, we're going to miss JVR's goals even though we've more than replaced them in Tavares, but the Leafs team defense and ability to transition the puck up should improve a bunch this year meaning less shots against. I think the brass has done well to mask the defensive weakness by making it so we'll play less defense and more offense

Wow! I am surprised that any Leafs poster turns this down. To me, Manson is exactly what the Leafs need... and Kadri will be your 3C.

You read “you have overpay to get Player X”... well this is your overpay and it fills your #1 need without giving up your Big 4 forwards.

Solidifying you’re top 4D is much more important than giving up a guy who will play 3C on your team (an actual 2C).

If this trade offer doesn’t work for any Leaf fan then you might as well enter every thread and just say you are not interested in trading anything of value off of your team... you will only give your depth players... but expect that is all you are going to get in return.

I think the need to ice a balanced team is more in our heads than in reality. This team should score its way past any defensive issues to get to the playoffs safely

I completely agree that Manson would be an ideal add, but it costs us an overwhelming offense that's a nightmare to match up against, so I'm of the opinion that we can add a bandaid upgrage at RHD closer to the TDL and not lose Kadri which makes for a better overall team. Tanev, Petry...those guys or ones like them will be available for packages of futures once the landscape takes shape and the Leafs have enough picks/prospects to get one of those types

Last edited:
Reactions: loyaltotheend

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Some people just hate the truth.
Lol...well i'll tell ya what, you go find a post in which i called Nylander a 1C, and i will admit i was wrong. You see the point of my post was, don't say things like "Leafs fans think X". I will admit there are posters that take things to the extreme....so, name them....you see some stupid claim like that, quote those specific posts, because i would hate to group every Habs fan into some of the stuff you post.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
There are only two defensemen on this team that I would never trade, and those are Lindholm and Manson. Replacing what they bring to the Ducks blue line could easily set the team back years. Them and Gibson are the foundation of this team going forward.

Reactions: Vipers31

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Leafs fan here. Dubas and Leafs management, would absolutely love this deal, and do it in a second. Fans get attached to players, and become unreasonable, and Leafs have a lot of vocal fans. Kadri is really the first drafted and development talent in a long time, and it would be tough to move him, or lose our strength at C. But, you get Manson, and you have to make that deal. He's an underrated guy.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

They want a top 4 rhd but you cant ask for matthews, marner, nylander, tavares, kapanen, kadri, rielly or liljergren.

But everything else is totally on the table.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Leafs fan here. Dubas and Leafs management, would absolutely love this deal, and do it in a second. Fans get attached to players, and become unreasonable, and Leafs have a lot of vocal fans. Kadri is really the first drafted and development talent in a long time, and it would be tough to move him, or lose our strength at C. But, you get Manson, and you have to make that deal. He's an underrated guy.
Do you really lose strength tho

Tavares
Matthew
Nylandr

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Do you really lose strength tho

Tavares
Matthew
Nylandr
Babcock may not want to play Nylander at center or split up the dynamic duo of Nylander/Matthews so that leaves the Leafs center depth as:

Matthews
JT
AHL/Euro players

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Why would we trade are best cap friendly center? We dont have the depth at the AHL level so who fills in? Whole point is we have 3 scary lines..good luck matching us up this yr.

Also Team D is usually the culprit when any team loses..esp by a lot..we now have 3 excellent 2 way center's.

Tbh we have a logjam at D right now.

Reilly, Hainsey, Dermott, Gardiner, Zaitsev, Carrick..throw in Lily, Holl, Borgman, Rosen and Igor Oz. If we get a RHD we wont be giving up our young core so no clue how we would get one unless it's one of the UFAS left..if there is any RHD there.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Why would we trade are best cap friendly center? We dont have the depth at the AHL level so who fills in? Whole point is we have 3 scary lines..good luck matching us up this yr.

Also Team D is usually the culprit when any team loses..esp by a lot..we now have 3 excellent 2 way center's.

Tbh we have a logjam at D right now.

Reilly, Hainsey, Dermott, Gardiner, Zaitsev, Carrick..throw in Lily, Holl, Borgman, Rosen and Igor Oz. If we get a RHD we wont be giving up our young core so no clue how we would get one unless it's one of the UFAS left..if there is any RHD there.
With your values and logic, you will not get any RHD in trade - that's for sure.

No consideration even for Ducks giving up Manson that they can't lose. Just TML.

RantanenRavin

Jun 24, 2017
Easy pass from Anaheim, really doesn't consider their needs at all.

Newflash, the Ducks only have four D capable of top four minutes, and they have Getzlaf/Henrique/Kesler down the middle plus our top prospect is as center as well. These constant offers that ask the Ducks to open a gaping hole in their blueline for the forward you'd be most willing to give up, are really pointless and misguided.

Vatanen and Theodore have recently been moved, it's time to recalibrate and stop considering Anaheim the team with the surplus of D to shop from.

Well shit, you make a really good point. Why couldn't some duck fan of said it that way months ago? Haha. But seriously, that makes total sense to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad