Proposal: Kadri for Manson

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
When he said Kesler is done, he meant he is really done... it looks like he won't play at all next season.

Fair enough...thanks.

By the way, I'm a huge fan of Manson's game, and his addition to the Leafs, would make us one scary team... He is pretty much the ideal RHD to compliment the Leafs. I know he isn't available.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Nothing like a big ole bowl of bull****....

I should clarify, it wasn't all Leafs fans but there were a lot. It might be the vocal minority, but with such a large fan base it still ends being a lot of fans. Go look at the Lindholm for Nylander trade thread. Or are you telling me no Leafs fan has said that Nylander can play 1C?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It doesn't help that he used to be the most commonly offered Leafs player pre-breakout. Add that to the "they already had Matthews and just signed Tavares" common knowledge and it becomes easy to presume he's readily available.

Hmm, when you put it that way it makes perfect sense, thanks!

Public service announcement - at the moment, after Mathews, Marner, Tavares and Rielly, Kadri is the 5th least likely Maple Leaf to be traded. :laugh:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I should clarify, it wasn't all Leafs fans but there were a lot. It might be the vocal minority, but with such a large fan base it still ends being a lot of fans. Go look at the Lindholm for Nylander trade thread. Or are you telling me no Leafs fan has said that Nylander can play 1C?

I don't remember that discussion but you're probably right, IIRC some fans were pencilling Nylander in as our #1C the day he was drafted.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
We're not sure if Kes is done or not. His play this year will likely dictate his future. His contract is definitely an issue if he's done but luckily the Ducks have a lot of really good forward prospects (Jones, Steel, Terry, Morand, Comtois) and most of their core is under 27 so they're more likely to wait out the contract and fill with new ELCs than to blow up and rebuild.
Oh I agree that its hard to know if he's done, I certainly wouldn't be making moves to replace him if I were in Anaheim's shoes yet

I'd hardly say the forward core is built around Kesler, so no I can't say I agree with that.
built around no, but he seems like a critical piece to an Anaheim team that has a real chance at a cup to me, and that combined with the ages of the guys who the forward corps is built around makes me think that if Kesler doesn't rebound then it might be time to see if the older guys will waive for trades for futures. Like the poster above says, you guys have a good core of forward prospects plus your good defenders are quite young so I would start looking that way if the key older guys fade

also no trying to insinuate that trading Manson for Kadri makes sense with your roster, I don't see that at all

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I won'rt speak for all Leafs fans, nor should you say "Leafs fans think X"... feel free to name the dolts that said it, there isn't a spec of evidence that makes Nylander a 1C...right now he is a winger with the ability to play C if needed,

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I won'rt speak for all Leafs fans, nor should you say "Leafs fans think X"... feel free to name the dolts that said it, there isn't a spec of evidence that makes Nylander a 1C...right now he is a winger with the ability to play C if needed,

Fair enough, I should have said some, but the point was that Nylander could play 3C.

Reactions: Liferleafer

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Newflash, I doubt anyone would take Henrique over Kadri considering he has been the better player for a while now, and who would take the corpse of Kesler or a prospect over a two way 30G scoring center?

Leafs lose this deal because even if the skill is even in the deal, Kadri brings an element the team would completely lack.. Balls.
Pretty sure manson has a pair... and they would make up for kadri and then some.

No interest in moving lindholm manson or montour

Reactions: Exit Dose

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Pretty sure manson has a pair... and they would make up for kadri and then some.

No interest in moving lindholm manson or montour

My brownheaded dog, demands that your brownheaded dog, gives us Manson

dawson-3.jpg

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Only consider I would have from a Leafs POV, is that I don't know what we would do center wise. We would have no one to play 3C, and I'm not sure how many teams are willing to move their centre depth in August.

Obviously the value is in our favour, but I'm not sure we can do this deal without figureing out a solution to replace Kadri beforehand.
Not sure if you have the winger depth to pull it off, but Marleau could play 3C.

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
XXXX - Tavares - Marner
Leivo - Marleau - Brown

Can Kapanen play LW?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not sure if you have the winger depth to pull it off, but Marleau could play 3C.

XXXX - Tavares - Marner
Leivo - Marleau - Brown

Can Kapanen play LW?

Issue with Marleau at C is he doesn't want to play there, nor should he. The Leafs could move Nylander to C though

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Matthews - Kapanen
Johnsson - Nylander - Brown
Ennis - Lindholm - Leivo

etc

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Issue with Marleau at C is he doesn't want to play there, nor should he. The Leafs could move Nylander to C though

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Matthews - Kapanen
Johnsson - Nylander - Brown
Ennis - Lindholm - Leivo

etc
I'm curious, why doesn't he want to play centre? Wants to play with high end talent?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm curious, why doesn't he want to play centre? Wants to play with high end talent?

Honestly, I don't think the reason ever came out. Could be as simple as he feels more comfortable on the wing.

He played a stretch at C for us last season, and he looked good, so it's possible for short stints.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
THIS...is actually a decent trade proposal. Too bad Anaheim wouldnt currently do it.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
If the Ducks didn't trade Vatanen for Henrique I could see this being a possibility.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Honestly, I don't think the reason ever came out. Could be as simple as he feels more comfortable on the wing.

He played a stretch at C for us last season, and he looked good, so it's possible for short stints.
He's definitely a good centre. He's one of the more versatile guys in the league even at his age. He played a lot of time in SJ as a centre. Mostly a winger in recent years.

Center is a lot more work and he is an old guy is my guess.

Fair enough.

He's a good centre though.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

XXXX - Tavares - Marner
Leivo - Marleau - Brown

Can Kapanen play LW?
not sure if anyone answered you - yes Kapanen can play LW, probably a better LW than RW but capable of either

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I would imagine Anaheim is quite content with their top 4 d-men and Toronto feels the same about their top 3 centers. Neither team could adequately fill the considerable hole this trade would leave them with. I'd have to doubt either team initiates this conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad