Post-Game Talk: Just when you think you've hit rock bottom...

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Waste of time hoping for a win, 2-1 leading into the 3rd and they collapse. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. They are in regroup mode for next year. Zero chance Talbot is back next year at any price.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Watching Bouchard he plays with zero pace and passion to his game and he’s a marginal skater. He has man size and man strength and dominates against the kiddies in the OHL much like PJ did as a man vs JR players in the WJC. When he played vs men he was exposed in his end big time. Sorry never been a big Bouchard fan and think we ****ed up yet again. I hope I am wrong.

Not true at all.In the NHL this year he used his size a ton, winning several board battles. He showed more aggression to his game than predicted, giving opponents the "business" on the boards. He threw some nice hits, and especially out muscled NHL players on the boards. He won 85% of his board battles actually. He really showed some good gap control also, winning pucks at his blueline. He also tracked his man several times until he caused a turnover or forced a play

He did get exposed a few times looking confused and not tying up players around the net, aswell as getting burned without showing some hustle to recover. While these plays did stand out and were frustrating, no need to overstate these limited bad plays. He is a rookie

However, these instances were far fewer than the positives in his brief stint, and more than acceptable for yet again, a rookie ( See Sergachevs first year in Tampa, lost defensively yet his limited ice time and positive offense heavily outweighed any true criticism)

On a whole in his NHL stint, he looked very competent and those YouTube vids trying to expose him look less scary once we saw his NHL game

Also, his "man strength against kiddies" didn't help him dominate anything. Like zero. This is such a fictional statement. His offensive IQ did. Decisions w/ the puck and his obbsession to get it on net. (You make the kid sound like freakin Darnell Nurse skating circles here)

His body type has nothing to do with his current amateur success. How in the world can you claim a guy can't defend and can't skate but then claim he dominates cuz of his body attributes? Pretty contradictory don't you think? or more like BS

Last edited:

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
Extra funny because that idiot is still in one of the most prominent hockey ops positions in the org.

6nbHacJ.jpg

personal "CHALLANGE" contracts for.... 'hiccup... burppp'..... all !!

Reactions: oobga

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I still don't get why that 4th goal was not goalie interference... His left pad was literally locked in with the fwd.
Oh well.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I felt Talbot like Talbot intentionally let those goals in the third period and everyone on the team just completely gave up.

I've honestly never seen a team go belly up like that before. It was bizarre.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I think Talbot's lack of professionalism after the 4th goal speaks volumes about his character.

This is the 2nd time this season he's pouted after being pulled and hidden in the changing room instead of sucking it up, sitting on the bench and supporting his teammates. If he doesn't want to be pulled, stop the puck and make an effort. The first goal was deflected but he didn't even move or react at all and instead was hoping the puck would hit him. The 3rd is an inexcusable goal for a goaltender to give up. The 4th, he had it, dropped it and made no effort to get up and over after a minuscule amount of contact.

The guy has had a year and half of decent play in this league and ever since Anaheim exposed him in the playoffs a couple years ago, he's been complete and utter trash. Some of the worst goaltending here in a long time, which is saying something.

Reactions: EagerPug

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I think Talbot's lack of professionalism after the 4th goal speaks volumes about his character.

This is the 2nd time this season he's pouted after being pulled and hidden in the changing room instead of sucking it up, sitting on the bench and supporting his teammates. If he doesn't want to be pulled, stop the puck and make an effort. The first goal was deflected but he didn't even move or react at all and instead was hoping the puck would hit him. The 3rd is an inexcusable goal for a goaltender to give up. The 4th, he had it, dropped it and made no effort to get up and over after a minuscule amount of contact.

The guy has had a year and half of decent play in this league and ever since Anaheim exposed him in the playoffs a couple years ago, he's been complete and utter trash. Some of the worst goaltending here in a long time, which is saying something.

He’s been a cancer on this team going on 2 years

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
Nurse was pretty horrid out there, hes part of the problem.
I’m not sure if he is the problem or our development is the problem. I’m willing to bet he goes to another team and he breaks out into a solid d-man. And He wouldn’t be the first

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Rock bottom? Ha. The Oilers can go much lower than this, just you watch ;)

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Rock bottom is walking down the Grand Canyon and trying to find Hoover dam to jump over.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
the cagguila goal summed up everything that is wrong for the oilers. its almost like he knew he could sneak into the slot with 4 guys watching the puck carrier and get a clean shot off.

WIOiler

Apr 19, 2017
When was the last time we had a goaltender perform good for 3 years in a row. We usually get one, if we are lucky. Cujo?

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
People, the Oilers are more likely than not going to finish in the bottom 3 in league standings. In fact, they could finish dead last still and the way they have played for the last month + I would put real money on them finding a way to finish behind all other teams in the league. The roster is bad and the goaltending smoke and mirrors of the early season with Koskinen is gone.

Calling it now. Oilers finish dead last in the standings.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
People, the Oilers are more likely than not going to finish in the bottom 3 in league standings. In fact, they could finish dead last still and the way they have played for the last month + I would put real money on them finding a way to finish behind all other teams in the league. The roster is bad and the goaltending smoke and mirrors of the early season with Koskinen is gone.

Calling it now. Oilers finish dead last in the standings.
The Oilers probably won't catch the Sens but they're only 4 points up on 30th.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Because the bum didn’t even attempt to try and make a save.

If he tried it’s called back.
Looks like he is trying the get there to me... A bit hard when he cannot move his left leg. Saad had his leg tangled in the left pad/leg from the first save, I never played a goalie in hockey but it seems pretty difficult to me to do much of anything in that situation. Hence the interference.

0v8xXOQ.jpg

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

I appreciate that Talbot actually gives a you know what.... unlike most of this garbage roster.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
This is the darkest era in Oilers history. Not even 2010-2015 compares to this. Having the best player in the game and being this bad is something very sad

I don’t even know what to say anymore. I find myself constantly checking capfriendly and it stays the same. We are doomed. This is all on Chiarelli this mess. The funny thing , Nicholson signed off on these foolish trades the last 2 weeks. I don’t mean to be the Grim Reaper, but there is nothing that can be done . Hopefully Pittsburgh or someone needs protection and calls about Lucic. I would even hold 2 mil back.
We should call this team Humpty Dumpty because all the kings horses and all the kings men won’t get this team back together again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad