Post-Game Talk: Just when you think you've hit rock bottom...

member 290103

They wouldn't fire Hitch yet. End of the year for sure. And Hitch has probably already said hes not staying on after this year.

On After Hours, he said he would come back as long as they wanted him too - that it was his dream job.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Mika Koskinen continues his slide with a nifty .750 save % tonight in relief. Nice work.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Button sounds like he’s just as pissed off at the organization as the rest of us are. He seems just frustrated to see a supreme talent like McDavid being wasted by such an incompetent organization.
The only difference is he isnt like the rest of us. No ties to the franchise and mostly he spouts the mcd leaving to fuel the pro leaf crowd who still remain bitter about not drafting him. Add to that his recent slight on Bouchard. I'm beginning to see a trend with his bias.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
On After Hours, he said he would come back as long as they wanted him too - that it was his dream job.
Meh that may have changed recently and he appears to be out of answers. That being said I do not blame him at all for the current state of the team.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Mika Koskinen continues his slide with a nifty .750 save % tonight in relief. Nice work.
You can’t really count it when a goalie gets subbed in to a game where the team in front of him has already given up. Chuck f***ing Norris couldn’t stop that one goal.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The only difference is he isnt like the rest of us. No ties to the franchise and mostly he spouts the mcd leaving to fuel the pro leaf crowd who still remain bitter about not drafting him. Add to that his recent slight on Bouchard. I'm beginning to see a trend with his bias.
Maybe people aren't biased against the Oilers and have been right all along? I mean, you bet on the Oilers sucking or our prospects amounting to nothing is a pretty damn fair bet.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You can’t really count it when a goalie gets subbed in to a game where the team in front of him has already given up. Chuck ****ing Norris couldn’t stop that one goal.
Save %s don’t count in certain situations now? Lol
And the team gave up long before the switch was made. The Hawks were all over them as early as the 2nd period.

And I had no idea Chuck Norris was a goalie.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe people aren't biased against the Oilers and have been right all along? I mean, you bet on the Oilers sucking or our prospects amounting to nothing is a pretty damn fair bet.
But Bouchard was a lock as a top line Dman for the world juniors but doesnt make Buttons top prospect list. Seems like a skewed version of the truth to me. As for the rest of his ramblings, if he was a good GM then he would still be a GM. Apparently he couldn't build a winning roster either.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Save %s don’t count in certain situations now? Lol
And the team gave up long before the switch was made. The Hawks were all over them as early as the 2nd period.

And I had no idea Chuck Norris was a goalie.
Koskinen has nothing to do with this loss. (I’m not a fan of him haha don’t read to much into my name). It was gone long before he was in. Chuck Norris isn’t a goalie. Sigh* nevermind.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
But Bouchard was a lock as a top line Dman for the world juniors but doesnt make Buttons top prospect list. Seems like a skewed version of the truth to me. As for the rest of his ramblings, if he was a good GM then he would still be a GM. Apparently he couldn't build a winning roster either.
One torunament doesn't mean it. Bouchard was penciled in as a top pairing defender there but as the torunament went on, he was one of Canada's worst. Some guys still don't see Bouchard as having what it takes to make the NHL full time.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Said when TM got fired that he was not the problem on this team. But he just got beaten down by an incompetent GM and OBC and sadly, needed to go for his own sanity. Of course a lot of guys on here were quick to move on to the next great savior. How’s that looking now?

He wasn’t the problem but he’s not a good coach. Proved that with San Jose as well.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Man. Toby Reeds has been such a disappointment this year. Same with Brodz even tho he's ok as a 4C. I think the consensus was that they were good add's at the time by the majority of HFOil. Unfortunate.

space321

May 11, 2011
Talbot vs Koskinen is legit a pointless debate when the team in front of them are responsible for most of the goals against every game. For every stinker they let in, they bail out the defense like 3 or 4 times.

And this isn't b/c of the OBC either so stop posting Pejorative Slured MacTavish pics. Chiarelli put this team in this state, and the only way to fix it is to wait. So you all just take a step back from the edge and wait it out.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think getting Manning and Petrovic was at the request of Hitchcock who wanted some toughness on defence. The game has passed him by and he should have stayed retired.

Reactions: the mcdavid era

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Like his outburst when he was pulled? Or how he played? He sucked if that’s what you are looking for.

Oh I just mean I heard nothing post game or on twitter. I was just curious. All I heard was that he gave Hitch most likely a nice glare or said something on his way out....

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
One torunament doesn't mean it. Bouchard was penciled in as a top pairing defender there but as the torunament went on, he was one of Canada's worst. Some guys still don't see Bouchard as having what it takes to make the NHL full time.

I don’t. He’s another blown 1st round pick.

Reactions: Dashh

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I disagree, he is a dominant dman in junior ie. prospect. And just because he needs time to translate his game to the NHL doesnt mean he is a bust. A RH offensive dman is just what this team needs. And it is Button that continues to beat the drum on Bouchard being a bust. Believe what you want but there are folks out there that love to kick us when we are down.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Lol so Bouchard is a bust because of a mediocre tournament showing? That team got outworked all around.

Ugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad