Post-Game Talk: Just when you think you've hit rock bottom...

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Oilers Management right now...

chief-wiggum-300x225.png

poolparty98

Aug 6, 2017
Team has committed to Kostkinen long term. Why in a game that is a must win do they play the backup???

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Looks like he is trying the get there to me... A bit hard when he cannot move his left leg. Saad had his leg tangled in the left pad/leg from the first save, I never played a goalie in hockey but it seems pretty difficult to me to do much of anything in that situation. Hence the interference.

0v8xXOQ.jpg

looks to me he's outside the blue paint...

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Team has committed to Kostkinen long term. Why in a game that is a must win do they play the backup???

Yup, and 2 of 3 since the break. They talk about playoffs, which should mean going with the goalie who just got a fresh new long-term deal, but they showcase the back for a trade instead which proves they know they aren't a threat.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yup, and 2 of 3 since the break. They talk about playoffs, which should mean going with the goalie who just got a fresh new long-term deal, but they showcase the back for a trade instead which proves they know they aren't a threat.
Koskinen has been a junk pile for the past month. How soon people forget that godawful tying goal in Montreal.

Reactions: Beerfish

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
I can't believe we are 3 points out of the bottom of the west and 3 points out of a wildcard spot too, lol. I've stopped watching the games because we are so bad but we could still make the playoffs, lol

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Welp that's it. I quit my keeper and fantasy league so now I have no motivation to watch hockey anymore. I think I've wasted hundreds or even thousands of hours between watching the Oilers, going to games, reading message boards, etc. And for what? What did I gain from all of those hours? You guessed right. Not one Damn thing. In fact, I moreso lost a lot by following this team. Lost money, lost time, lost happiness,etc. There comes a time when you have to say enough is enough and I'm finally at that point after a lifetime of following this embarrassing organization. I wish you guys all the best. Cheers

But how much time have you spent refreshing the page on oil-fans.com?

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Today is not a good day to be surrounded by casual Hawks fans at work. I'm going to snap at one of them, and it's not their fault for being ignorant about the Oilers continued woes.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Honestly because they're simultaneously trying to find a buyer for Talbot because they need to clear cap so Sekera can come back. Team is a comedy of errors.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Looks like he is trying the get there to me... A bit hard when he cannot move his left leg. Saad had his leg tangled in the left pad/leg from the first save, I never played a goalie in hockey but it seems pretty difficult to me to do much of anything in that situation. Hence the interference.

0v8xXOQ.jpg

**** you Honda!

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Can't tell if Hitch likes Russell too much or just hates him. Nurse and Russell spent most of their minutes against Kane and Toews and got their asses kicked.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I think this is a shot at chia/management and maybe hitch because it wouldn't surprise me if hitch for whatever reason maybe wanted drake gone?...

“He’s a guy that everyone loved in this room,” Oilers defenceman Darnell Nurse said of Caggiula. “He was such a great teammate a very hard worker, very skilled player. It’ll be fun to put the friendship on the side and go to battle.”
“He works in the corner, he works in the front of the net,” Nurse said. “He’s another guy, if you give him too much time, he’s got a great shot too.”

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Can't tell if Hitch likes Russell too much or just hates him. Nurse and Russell spent most of their minutes against Kane and Toews and got their asses kicked.

It was Klefboms first game back. They had to ease him and no other pairing could even close to handle it.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I appreciate that Talbot actually gives a you know what.... unlike most of this garbage roster.
Fair but the issue is, when goalies act like that it continues to build a rift between them and the rest of the team, which hurts the on ice product more.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
looks to me he's outside the blue paint...
It's on the line at the start imo. At the end of the sequence Saad's foot is inside the crease, still tangled up with Talbot because Talbot was trying to move over towards the puck.

"Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact."

Reasonable effort from Saad would be just lifting his foot up.

Also I would say that it still falls under this: "an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal"
He cannot move over at all, looking at the replay he is trying to get to the right, dragging Saad's foot/leg with him, but he is completely hindered by being tangled up with the leg.

Anyway, I know these things are subjective to say the least and that it is pretty hard to make a call for refs (and fans alike). I don't see how they don't call it interference but there is no real outcry about it so I guess I am wrong in this case.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I wonder if Talbot gave the Oilers the Patty Roy speech and told them he's played his last game as an Oiler.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It's on the line at the start imo. At the end of the sequence Saad's foot is inside the crease, still tangled up with Talbot because Talbot was trying to move over towards the puck.

"Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact."

Reasonable effort from Saad would be just lifting his foot up.

Also I would say that it still falls under this: "an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal"
He cannot move over at all, looking at the replay he is trying to get to the right, dragging Saad's foot/leg with him, but he is completely hindered by being tangled up with the leg.

Anyway, I know these things are subjective to say the least and that it is pretty hard to make a call for refs (and fans alike). I don't see how they don't call it interference but there is no real outcry about it so I guess I am wrong in this case.
Talked to a buddy that refs (not NHL) he said "Saad went in for the puck, contact was made outside the blue line. Talbot made little effort to move laterally until the shot was already midair. Even without Saad there, Talbot would not of made the save. With GI calling off a goal, the contact has to prevent the goalie from making the save, that's the important part to call backs"

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I wonder if Talbot gave the Oilers the Patty Roy speech and told them he's played his last game as an Oiler.
I mean, we had a trade lined up for him and he said no. After his recent stretch he could say it's his last game but a team has to want to trade for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad