Player Discussion Julien Gauthier

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He was more noticeable. Problem is yea Quinn will get Blackwood back in
That is not a problem as aside from last game in which Blackwell did not play, he has been a lot better. So yeah, I would expect him to get back in and Gauthier to be scratched.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Always the wrong brothers
I go back and forth of Gauthier. In some ways I see another Marcel Hossa—that is a guy who won't score enough to stay in the lineup. And then there are times, like last night, where I see a guy who can add value even if he doesn't score. I do think that the minute he scores his first goal, that might kick-start something.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I do think that the minute he scores his first goal, that might kick-start something.
I remember seeing similar comments about Jeff Toms.

Seriously, could it just be that he needs to get off the snide? Perhaps. I certainly hope so. But as Hossa goes, remember the 10 game spurts? Score a goal in a game. Play well the second game. Score a goal or get an assist in the third. Slow down in the 4th, but still be visible on PK. Disappear for the next 5.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Howden has a brother?

And wasn't Moore better than Dom until Bertuzzi?

Injuries affect careers. Dom Moore had the better career. And yeah, Howden's brother plays in Sweden. Pierre McGuire thought it was "Funny" because Howden fought Kapanen who is from Finland.

It's been a week and I still don't understand what the funny part was. I guess McGuire thinking Finland and Sweden being the same place :laugh:

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Injuries affect careers. Dom Moore had the better career. And yeah, Howden's brother plays in Sweden. Pierre McGuire thought it was "Funny" because Howden fought Kapanen who is from Finland.

It's been a week and I still don't understand what the funny part was. I guess McGuire thinking Finland and Sweden being the same place :laugh:

Pierre thinks Finland and Sweden hate each other. Like Kaako can't stand the sight of Mika. :laugh:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, he always brings this up in broadcasts, and it really annoys me. Finns and Swedes are rivals in sports and not much else. We're actually quite close and get along by-and-large.

I doubt Pierre has ever spent a day in either Finland or Sweden actually exploring and getting to know the country's history.

Reactions: 007

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
I go back and forth of Gauthier. In some ways I see another Marcel Hossa—that is a guy who won't score enough to stay in the lineup. And then there are times, like last night, where I see a guy who can add value even if he doesn't score. I do think that the minute he scores his first goal, that might kick-start something.
I thought he played well last night and earned another start. He was really fast with the puck which led to good entries. He needs to get a break and bury one so we can see what he looks like when he has confidence.

Reactions: Off Sides

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This kid needs to break his virginity already. 23 NHL games and no goals to show for his efforts. Would really like him to do well, his size and speed should get him more chances than what he has gotten. Get one, and then you never know.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017

Is Pierre making an inside joke for himself? so Meta. Doesn't he have multiple stories about Swedes and Finns hating each other?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Haha, thought I would get some accolades for forcing Gauth into getting his 1st. with my "well wishes". Not even a thank you from his Mom. Timing is everything.

Really could see him being a good contributor to this team. A matter of him simply getting over to the side that says "you belong here" and do whatever you can. Man, if he ever developed a mean streak and used his body in "his role", that might suit the teams needs just as well as getting on the scoresheet. 3rd line would be his goal, I SUPPOSE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad