Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
I’m an optimist. I’d like to think that Lou and Trotz have told him what he needs to do and he’s slowly piecing it together, he’s just not there yet. I’m hoping he keeps moving in the right direction in BP and eventually gets a call up and we all live happily ever after...

Kvashin

Aug 14, 2005
When Dal Bust has 2pts in the first 20 games, we’ll see JHS up for good. Also, Dobson is going back after his 9th game so get ready to welcome Hickey back too

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
When Dal Bust has 2pts in the first 20 games, we’ll see JHS up for good. Also, Dobson is going back after his 9th game so get ready to welcome Hickey back too

I don't have much faith in MDC as a goal scorer either but perhaps he will surprise us all.
What's alarming is his recent comments about him being a scorer in juniors. Like he admits his Ahl stint so far has been underwhelming.

Kvashin

Aug 14, 2005
Dal Colle will likely do ok. I’m interested in seeing how JHS does back with Thompson. I don’t have high hopes.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Where did this and the recent posts come from?

Antonio Brown? AB is a top receiver in the league. He's a lunatic, but the skill is unquestionable. That is a ridiculous comparison.

JHS lacks the complete NHL game in both skill and attitude. It's both.
Was a top receiver.. he’s 31 and teams continued to put up with his BS until this year .JHS is 23 and if all he had to do was play offence like Antonio Brown,I’m sure he would do fine, problem is in hockey you need to play both ends.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I am really curious to see what JHS does now. Does he start opening his mouth again? Or does he keep his mouth shut, go down to BPT and work hard like Dal Colle did last year and earn a mid-season callup?

Other than the words "Dal Colle" this tweet could've been from almost any time in the past 3 years.

...And I suspect we'll see something like it 3 years from now.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
JHS really has no choice but to report to the AHL if he wants to carve out an NHL career in the future. He will continue to work hard and improve his all round game. I will always cheer for him. The Bridgeport team has never had this much talent before.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
JHS is what he is. I'm not confident he's going to "get it" after 4 years. As a professional athlete he would have understood by now what part of his game he needs to improve....and he doesn't.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I am very surprised the Oilers did not pick him up or one of the other highly skilled players that were exposed to waivers, including Sprong and Goldobin.

They had 48 contracts, so they essentially could have signed one of those players.
Listening to talk radio - Sportsnet out here in Vancouver and many of them were shocked to hear that Ho-Sang was not picked up.

Good on the Isles to keep Hickey and Ho-Sang in the fold.

Reactions: dood and bigtim1988

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Trusting BT and LL on this one. I think they both realize that JHS can be valuable, that the issues are in his head, and that they can help him. The mental game is so important, and if they can figure Josh out, they stand a good chance of turning him around.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Barry said that he doesn't worry about points, he thinks about the overall effect of the player. If MDC gets 20 points on the 2nd line, but is a +40, Trotz will likely be happy with that. Of course he will probably get moved to the bottom 6, but you get what I mean, hopefully.

I think too many fans get all strung out on the idea that points is the most critical aspect of a players game, and I'm agreeing with Trotz on this one. Come to think of it, I have not heard him say 1 thing that I disagreed with.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Hardly ever, but with the folks claiming with such certainty that he would be claimed, and being condescending while doing it, I'm absolutely gloating.

It's a mystery. How could a guy who sucks at defense and scored 8 goals in 56 minor league games not be be snatched right up?

Reactions: LeapOnOver

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

91 and counting! Closing in on Edwin Moses. Wahsltrom is going to be the 1st call up. LL pretty much confirmed that already if you bothered to listen to his public comments.

Keep trying Kvashin, you are on the verge of a breakout! Only takes one!

Reactions: MattMartin

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY

No. Ladd will more than likely be back by then. And Wahlstrom will be first man up. I truly doubt Ho-Sang plays a game with the Islander crest on his chest ever again.

And uhhh no. Dobson is not going back to the Q.

Didn’t you say the Rangers were picking up ho sang and putting him with panarin?

Your posts are really uninformed

Kvashin

Aug 14, 2005
I did say that and am just as stunned as you and everyone else is that it didn’t happen.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

It’s impossible to know exactly what Lou Lamoriello is up to, but his comments about Josh Ho-Sang indicate a break is coming between the Islanders and the player. New York’s GM told reporters, “He came in and did everything that you could ask of a player to try and win a spot. In my opinion, he was given every opportunity and it just did not work out.”
During his time in Toronto, Lamoriello stashed Frank Corrado and Josh Leivo on the roster, but that was at the NHL level. This won’t be, and I suspect the hunt is underway to find Ho-Sang a new home. Lamoriello stressed this was not any kind of off-ice issue, but going through waivers unclaimed shows the reluctance. Hope he gets a chance at a fresh start — that can’t be easy for him. Jeff Marek is rooting for Edmonton, as Ho-Sang and McDavid were a lethal minor-hockey combo.

Ho-Sang not skating today.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2