Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Are people more upset that he has the talent to make this team much better but has trouble leading the PRO life of saying all the right things
or they upset that he has no talent and we should just wait for the next guy ...
Yes it may appear he has the Antonio Brown syndrome and hopefully one day he can see that regardless of the talent you have, people get tired of the antics because if he does, he most certainly
pushes this team up the ladder
There were no antics in this year's camp. He had a few good games and had his worst game near the end of camp at a time when he couldn't afford to revert back to the form that got him sent down last year.

I'm bothered by the fact that JHS isn't disciplined enough to bring his A game to the ice night after night.

Shot of Bailey

Apr 9, 2013
PEI, Canada
Could this be the throat punch Josh needs. Now he knows that it's not just the Islanders brass that didn't give him a chance....no one in the league wanted him. Just maybe (doubt it) he re-thinks his approach, checks his ego at the door and starts doing the little things that are being asked of him. This could end up paying dividends for us.....we'll wait and see.

Kvashin

Aug 14, 2005
A total outrage. JHS has obviously been blacklisted. A formal grievance and investigation by the NHLPA is warranted.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Could this be the throat punch Josh needs. Now he knows that it's not just the Islanders brass that didn't give him a chance....no one in the league wanted him. Just maybe (doubt it) he re-thinks his approach, checks his ego at the door and starts doing the little things that are being asked of him. This could end up paying dividends for us.....we'll wait and see.

I don't think he needed to be punched in throat, he needs brain surgery and he hasn't gotten it yet.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Are people more upset that he has the talent to make this team much better but has trouble leading the PRO life of saying all the right things
or they upset that he has no talent and we should just wait for the next guy ...
Yes it may appear he has the Antonio Brown syndrome and hopefully one day he can see that regardless of the talent you have, people get tired of the antics because if he does, he most certainly
pushes this team up the ladder

Where did this and the recent posts come from?

Antonio Brown? AB is a top receiver in the league. He's a lunatic, but the skill is unquestionable. That is a ridiculous comparison.

JHS lacks the complete NHL game in both skill and attitude. It's both.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
It’s a bummer as obviously the team would have benefitted overall with a young player taking over a key spot on this team with low salary.

The Islanders had every reason to want a positive outcome here, but didn’t do it. That is why I give the new organization leadership the benefit of doubt that they did everything they could to embrace JHS but didn’t see him beating out anyone else.

For those who compare him with Kuhnhackl and Johnson, there is no comparison to be made here. JHS didn’t beat out the starters and would only get worse and be a distraction sitting in the press box 50-60 games per season like Kuhnhackl and Johnson.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
A total outrage. JHS has obviously been blacklisted. A formal grievance and investigation by the NHLPA is warranted.

Still no likes! And broke UCLA's winning streak of 88. Next up, Edwin Moses . . .

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
A 1,000 posts dedicated to a brainless spoiled brat who can't put it together.

Did we ever get a 1,000 for Papineau or Tambellini?
There would have been 1,000 posts ripping Milbury for trading away a Osgood for Papineau instead of trying to re-sign Osgood. But don’t get me started.:madfire:

Reactions: eoin92

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006

Wasn't making him run up and down the stands for 3 hours and immediately demoting him after he showed up late for camp a few years back a 'throat punch'?

Just my opinion, but him being put on waivers will not have a positive effect on him whatsoever. He is what he is.

And, for the love of God, please change that username.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Where did this and the recent posts come from?

Antonio Brown? AB is a top receiver in the league. He's a lunatic, but the skill is unquestionable. That is a ridiculous comparison.

JHS lacks the complete NHL game in both skill and attitude. It's both.
OT but I can’t stop thinking about this now

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

gadiamon72

Jun 13, 2013
I've seen too many quotes from him regarding how the coaches want him to play defense. Never once have I seen the kid himself realize the importance of a 200 foot game. That having been said, everything I've read about him tells me he is a great guy and a good teammate. His personality is not the problem. It's his mentality of how the game should be played. That's what has to change.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I've seen too many quotes from him regarding how the coaches want him to play defense. Never once have I seen the kid himself realize the importance of a 200 foot game. That having been said, everything I've read about him tells me he is a great guy and a good teammate. His personality is not the problem. It's his mentality of how the game should be played. That's what has to change.

He actually just said that in a recent quote.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
There would have been 1,000 posts ripping Milbury for trading away a Osgood for Papineau instead of trying to re-sign Osgood. But don’t get me started.:madfire:
We're getting off topic but I agree with you 100%. I don't think Osgood wanted to stay though...

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY

That one trade still mystifies me. Osgood bounced back the next season in STL. The trade did bring the Islanders the pick that landed the legend............THE SWEETENER, Mr. Jeremy Colliton.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
That one trade still mystifies me. Osgood bounced back the next season in STL. The trade did bring the Islanders the pick that landed the legend............THE SWEETENER, Mr. Jeremy Colliton.

Imagine if we had the sweetener now. We could have packaged him up with Hickey and gotten Stone. Shucks.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
As I recall, Osgood’s game really fell apart before getting traded. Consistently giving up the early goal and lot of deflating goals at poor times. That kind of was his MO in Detroit though. Very talented with long stretches of hot and cold. Kind of like Halak without the injuries.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
By the way, interesting to note that Ho-Sang got a 2 way deal. Capfriendly has him making 70K. If that isn't incentive to get p to the show idk what is for someone that thinks he has NHL talent.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
We say this every year, and every year he sulks and acts like a clown.
I think he made improvements last year.

It's different though, he got passed by every team. Dal Colle is an example for him. He stuck around longer than ever this camp.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Not surprised. Said few years ago he'd be playing in Europe in a couple of years. Same w/ Dal Colle. Ho Sang could of learned to shoot the puck. The coach's talk about his defense but if he's scoring goals, he's in the NHl. In interviews he still talks about not needing goals. Dal colle is also first to go once the team finds a new better forward. Nobody keeps job long term if they aren't scoring goals. Even clutter and Martin score, or used to score goals in this league.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00