Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
Ho-Sang is aging in dog years. I felt like he looked pretty vibrant & young not long ago. Perhaps the stress of not having a regular NHL job + the pandemic has taken it's toll.

Seems like this is an opportunity for him to be himself as he mentioned during the interview that "you'll like most of what I bring, some stuff you might not" or something to that degree....

What a bizarre story.
I thought the same thing. Losing his hair, looks thicker in the face and some wrinkles. Poor kid lol

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I thought the same thing. Losing his hair, looks thicker in the face and some wrinkles. Poor kid lol

He looks 32 but he's only 24. He did make his bed, but I still wish him success, had a lot of chances and just couldn't hack it.

Hopefully he doesn't squander his talent because he has faded into obscurity and without a new lease on life will never play another NHL game.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Ho-Sang is aging in dog years. I felt like he looked pretty vibrant & young not long ago. Perhaps the stress of not having a regular NHL job + the pandemic has taken it's toll.

Seems like this is an opportunity for him to be himself as he mentioned during the interview that "you'll like most of what I bring, some stuff you might not" or something to that degree....

What a bizarre story.

Wow you weren't kidding. He looks as old as me, and I'm 33.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
About 99% for him and about 1% for the organization. He doesn’t seem to be a distraction to management, rather they are finding ways to give him a chance...just far away from anything that matters to the actual organization, but it’s a chance for Mr. Gonna Show You! to keep showing everyone what he’s showing everyone...nothing much.

The Isles will retain his rights up to the point where they no longer can. He’ll be on his merry way at that point as a free agent to sign with anyone...we’ll see how that goes...
Your quote, "no one wants this kid in the AHL and NHL in NA". $225K for the rights to an asset that no one wants now and apparently didn't want want when the Isles agreed to pay him that? Good job, Lou.

Reactions: Matt Watson

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
This thread is worse than the Bailey thread.. .

Which I shall be resurrecting shortly...I'm thinking were gunna need it.....
Has anyone seen Bailey or do we need to put his picture on the back of a milk carton?

Reactions: Costigan77

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL

What a bizarre story.
Not saying he is at all, but he always comes across as just a little bit stoned to me. Nothing about his manner says high energy which I think might be what holds him back more than anything else. Too passive. Who knows, maybe Sweden will be a good fit. For his sake I hope he does well.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Puma is what 47 now?

She has an instagram account...

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
No one can deny that this kid had talent that for the most part carried him through Juniors. You can see in this interview that he doesn't have the drive or seriousness required to take the next step and unfortunately
he is just about out of runway. He references that several players were "NHL capable guys" which is important to him as he feels he's "NHL capable" but unfortunately he doesn't equate that these guys probably have the same lack of drive / effort needed to play at the highest level or
they require constant motivation to get the most out of them. He may never see the ice of an NHL rink soon without buying a ticket If he doesn't ditch the "I am NHL ready" attitude and just go out and show them without saying a word

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
He’s been practicing social distancing on and off the ice ..
Far be it from me, but why single out Bailey? Everyone on the O has been MIA the last two. Besides, he dished out that sweet sauce to Beau. (Though he must have felt like Barzy for moment when he saw the result).

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I'm 46 with 1 wrinkle..I think he got the white side of the family genes. :cool:

He just seems beat down..like depressed almost ..probably because of whats not been happening with his career and I can understand that. good thing is..it's better to learn this lesson at a young age then when you're my age..He can bounce back!

Where can I buy a jersey..authentic Ho-Sang Sweden Jersey.

BTW.. I am also NHL Ready! I'm always ready to watch NHL hockey.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think the news here is that Chris is speaking on behalf of a very important player for this organization that should be given a chance. Where’s @CREW99AW? ;)
Ah,but do the isles with a weaker D then last season and no upgrade on the pp really need him?

Planning that SC parade ya know

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I just do not understand why he is still here. Just release him and if he catches on with another NHL franchise then good for him. It simply isn't going to happen for him here.

I mean they didn't even give him a chance to make this years team/taxi-squad. I get the feeling that Lou is just punishing him by not releasing him.

Reactions: CREW99AW

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I just do not understand why he is still here. Just release him and if he catches on with another NHL franchise then good for him. It simply isn't going to happen for him here.

I mean they didn't even give him a chance to make this years team/taxi-squad. I get the feeling that Lou is just punishing him by not releasing him.
I initially thought that as well. But based on this article, I think LL wanted him to play in a lot of games in a short amount of time to see what the numbers look like. Probably with a trade for a pick in mind. However, given the Isles' anemic defense, I could see LL recalling him from Sweden if he does well there, and inserting him into the starting line up for the Isles.

If he does well on the Isles, they can opt to keep him in the bigs, or at that point likely be able to get a pick for him...

MDIsles

New Era
Oct 24, 2011
DE Beaches for now
The infatuation with JHS is mind numbing. He is not being punished. He is not good. His ego is the size of "the world." If he was sound defensively and played the Trotz system at least decently he'd be on the Isles. If he was decent don't ya think he would have been picked up by another NHL organization. Really wish the JHS threads would just go away. They pop up once the Isles lose or lose by shutout. Face it, JHS is not good. Good Riddance, enjoy Sweden and don't over sleep.

Reactions: IslesCLT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad