Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
If we cant trade him for a reasonable return, and he refuses to act accordingly both on and off the ice, then we can burry him in Bridgeport. It's his own damn fault, no one elses. What a shame.
ELC is up at the end of the season. He can simply go to Europe if he wants out.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This is bound to cause some problems if it turns out it is true. Largely because it will be evident to the fans, media, other GMs around the league that Lou attempted to cover it up likely in hopes he could quickly move Ho Sang this week for a draft pick or maybe a minor piece. If this does indeed get out soon as being true the best you’re seeing is him packaged with Eberle, Nelson etc and maybe not even moveable at all

crasherino

May 9, 2013
This is bound to cause some problems if it turns out it is true. Largely because it will be evident to the fans, media, other GMs around the league that Lou attempted to cover it up likely in hopes he could quickly move Ho Sang this week for a draft pick or maybe a minor piece. If this does indeed get out soon as being true the best you’re seeing is him packaged with Eberle, Nelson etc and maybe not even moveable at all

I'm still not clear on what "this" is. Missing a meeting is hardly grounds for a conspiracy theory. If that truly is the reason he was sent down, its not like the Islanders are covering up a crime. He got sent down - that should be more telling than any other rumor, substantiated or otherwise. The bottom line is that on a team that isn't the most talented/skilled in the league, the supposedly uber-talented JHS can't nail down a regular spot in the lineup. Regardless of the reason for the demotion, there are red flags everywhere here to the point that no one is giving up anything valuable for him.

I'm not going to give up hope with him until the team officially parts ways with him. But I'm going to stop mentally counting on him to be in the lineup, scoresheet etc. until he gives us reason to.

Reactions: Big L

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I really hope it isn’t true. Kid has so much damn talent and it looked like he was maturing a lot.

Until we get a confirmation from Staple,Compton, or even Gross im going to hold off on believing it.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'm still not clear on what "this" is. Missing a meeting is hardly grounds for a conspiracy theory. If that truly is the reason he was sent down, its not like the Islanders are covering up a crime. He got sent down - that should be more telling than any other rumor, substantiated or otherwise. The bottom line is that on a team that isn't the most talented/skilled in the league, the supposedly uber-talented JHS can't nail down a regular spot in the lineup. Regardless of the reason for the demotion, there are red flags everywhere here to the point that no one is giving up anything valuable for him.

I'm not going to give up hope with him until the team officially parts ways with him. But I'm going to stop mentally counting on him to be in the lineup, scoresheet etc. until he gives us reason to.

I think it’s standard protocol to disclose a disciplinary incident with a player, particularly if you are trying to move them because of it. I mean if Ho Sang was sent down because say his girlfriend is in Bridgeport and has an undisclosed health issue and Lou sent him over MDC because of that so he could be closer to her I don’t expect anyone to disclose that but if it’s disciplinary the beat guys and team should be informed. There’s no doubt other GMs would ask on the phone so what is this issue we are hearing about and why have you seemingly tried to cover it up

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
You mean Lou did what every other GM would do, try to protect the value of an asset, no matter how little value Ho-Sang has?

With Ho-Sang back in the AHL even if he were a model camper he still was 1-1-2 this year coming off a lackluster camp and an expiring rookie contract, I'd say the best Lou could do is package him off with a defense prospect or Eberle.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I think it’s standard protocol to disclose a disciplinary incident with a player, particularly if you are trying to move them because of it. I mean if Ho Sang was sent down because say his girlfriend is in Bridgeport and has an undisclosed health issue and Lou sent him over MDC because of that so he could be closer to her I don’t expect anyone to disclose that but if it’s disciplinary the beat guys and team should be informed. There’s no doubt other GMs would ask on the phone so what is this issue we are hearing about and why have you seemingly tried to cover it up
You don’t cover up oversleeping. You cover up sexual assault investigations, hookers, sprained MCL from stage diving at a Justin Bieber concert....that kind of thing.

The dude’s missed meetings before. It’s not like it would be so against his character that this potentially happened.

Or, the Islanders needed a roster spot and it was between MDC and JHS and MDC was doing what the coaching staff was looking for.

Sometimes the logical answer is the right one. With all due respect to Incontinent Bob.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I've been one of Ho-Sangs biggest believers and defenders but enough is enough. Each time it seems he's turned a corner there is another supposed "incident". I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, if he did in fact miss a meeting with his track record, he is the schmuck everyone painted him out to be.

His value is really low so I feel it's a matter of cutting losses now. I just don't foresee a situation where his value goes up from here AND then he is moved. I can see his value going up after he is traded, provided he is able to turn it around.

I feel Ho-Sang, whether conscious or not, is not thrilled about being an Islander. It's gotten to a point where it almost seems like self- sabotage. Color me crazy, but I feel a dynamic at play could be that Ho-Sang has a such a high view of himself, he feels he deserves to play for a more respected or "real" franchise. The Islanders have a rep as being kind of a joke, so maybe he though he'd just continue to put himself before the team and get away with it OR perhaps get traded - either way, it's clear he sees the world through one lens, and that's the JHS lens.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I've been one of Ho-Sangs biggest believers and defenders but enough is enough. Each time it seems he's turned a corner there is another supposed "incident". I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, if he did in fact miss a meeting with his track record, he is the schmuck everyone painted him out to be.

His value is really low so I feel it's a matter of cutting losses now. I just don't foresee a situation where his value goes up from here AND then he is moved. I can see his value going up after he is traded, provided he is able to turn it around.

I feel Ho-Sang, whether conscious or not, is not thrilled about being an Islander. It's gotten to a point where it almost seems like self- sabotage. Color me crazy, but I feel a dynamic at play could be that Ho-Sang has a such a high view of himself, he feels he deserves to play for a more respected or "real" franchise. The Islanders have a rep as being kind of a joke, so maybe he though he'd just continue to put himself before the team and get away with it OR perhaps get traded - either way, it's clear he sees the world through one lens, and that's the JHS lens.
You're drawing all these conclusions based on a rumor.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
i'll take his skill and whatever downfalls he has than whatever garbage the Islanders are going to get in a trade with him because I am guessing at this point his value is not high at all, and I would still like to know what "disciplinary" issues he has had rather than just go along with what is being said about him, and I would like to know if this latest "discipline" thing happened before of after he was sent down

Especially after the garbage we got for Griffin Reinhart :sarcasm:

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
You're drawing all these conclusions based on a rumor.

I'm not, you clearly glossed over the part where I said "if he did in fact miss a meeting with his track record". I don't know if he did or didn't, I know he has f***ed up plenty times, whether it was sleeping through camp, failing to adjust after Trotz told him what he needed to do, what he needed to eliminate/incorporate into his game (documented) or opening his mouth to the press this fall screaming "poor me".

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I'm not, you clearly glossed over the part where I said "if he did in fact miss a meeting with his track record". I don't know if he did or didn't, I know he has ****ed up plenty times, whether it was sleeping through camp, failing to adjust after Trotz told him what he needed to do, what he needed to eliminate/incorporate into his game (documented) or opening his mouth to the press this fall screaming "poor me".
I didn't gloss over that. I read it. But your last paragraph made it pretty clear that your believe this rumor.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Am I the only one who thought JHS looked good for a little while but then his play just became meh? He looked no different to me than what Val brings every night once he reverted back to his comfort zone. MDC impresses me far more than JHS, because work ethic really means something.

Reactions: 1CupSince

DalGoal4Cups

Meet me at Belmont
Dec 4, 2011
Am I the only one who thought JHS looked good for a little while but then his play just became meh? He looked no different to me than what Val brings every night once he reverted back to his comfort zone. MDC impresses me far more than JHS, because work ethic really means something.

Just wait until MDC breaks out on an epic scoring streak. You'll soon see MDC Jerseys in the stands.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I didn't gloss over that. I read it. But your last paragraph made it pretty clear that your believe this rumor.

I've felt that way before this rumor surfaced - and quite frankly, this is not the court of law where folks are innocent until proven guilty. It really isn't farfetched given his track record. Now you tell me Dal Colle is having behavorial issues and I'll take it with a grain of salt.

As LeapOn mentioned, he can't seem to do what it takes to stick in the NHL. Unsubstantiated or not, It makes me believe that Ho-Sang is either an egomaniac or just a moron. If he was absolutely blowing management and coaching staff out of the water with his character and play, he wouldn't be in the AHL.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
A lot of celebrities are relatively blank characters who serve as mirrors for whatever people see in them. You are demonstrating celebrity culture.

Josh Ho-Sang is like this. The amount of controversy read into the little he says is unbelievable.

Dan-

You're definitely on to something here psychologically. Even more importantly than fans reading into everything he says are those people who look at his stickhandling and ignore everything else about him as a player...A very flawed player.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
How about Ho-Sang for C prospect Ryan McLeod (2nd round pick last season)

He'll be 20 in September and can play AHL next season (similar to Pulock).

Improves C depth prospect

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Especially after the garbage we got for Griffin Reinhart :sarcasm:
you think a team is going to offer a 1st round pick for him, a 3rd rounder at best is what the Islanders are going to get if they put Ho-Sang on the market, or a Sebastian Collberg esque player

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016

the embarrassment factor is what I got from Tavares on his years playing on the Islanders, how he wished he was playing on a "real" franchise, I think Ho-Sang would have been happy on the Islanders if he got the playing time, but as said based on the last couple of years how I am sure he feels unjustified in his lack of playing in the NHL I am sure he wants out of this franchise, and as for the "incident" I am still waiting to here what it was and when it happened, as of yet I have heard only 1 bad confirmed thing about Ho-Sang and his time with the Islanders and that is when he missed his first training camp because he overslept, I am also curious if oversleeping and missing meetings happens to other players as well you just do not hear about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad