Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Incarcerated Bob doesn’t like people refuting him. Staple says he spoke directly to Trotz and 5min later our if nowhere bob post Ho-Sang and his representatives discussing requesting a trade.

Bob absolutely has sources but he’s one petty individual and when he gets mad he starts positing a bunch of nonsense. He’s attacking Staple and Compton now lol

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Just wait until MDC breaks out on an epic scoring streak. You'll soon see MDC Jerseys in the stands.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1CupSince

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I think the JHS critics would rather see him fail and run around saying " told you he was selfish,told you he was immature" then grudgingly see this kid succeed.
So yeah ,they eat these rumors up.

I think you have it completely backwards. It's more like it's the Ho-Sang supporters that fail to see is deficiencies and that at this point he's most likely going to fail - And that's 100% on him and him alone.

He's only had problems with every single team he's played for, and on a team that has too many bottom-6 forwards and could use more offense, a hall of fame coach and GM don't think he's worthy of being on the team.

But I'm sure Ho-Sang is doing everything possible to become the "best player in his draft class" as he proclaimed 5 minutes after being drafted, and it's Lou Lamoriello and Barry Trotz who've got it wrong.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I'm still holding judgement, but if it's true I'm just disappointed more than anything else. Because he did seem to really be "getting it" this time. It'd be a shame if he took another step back into the same behaviors that earned him his reputation. Especially after it appeared he worked so hard to reverse it...

And I think that's literally the point right there...It "appeared" he worked on his attitude, but I'd bet that he didn't to the level needed to be a professional NHL player.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
unreal if we are going to give up on him or dump him for next to nothing, still a skilled hockey player who has an upside and as I think as is is a consistent 40-50 point a year winger, just un-f***ing real, this team is going to regret the way they handled him

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Do I think a team would offer a first for a guy who lead the AHL in assists, when a team offered a first for a player that proved absolutely squat in the AHL and NHL? Why yes, I think it's possible a team would offer a first for JHS. Maybe not likely, but certainly possible.

Let's not forget once you step out of a vacuum and keyboard trades that it's possible for a player to be packaged in a deal.

I don’t think a bad GM would invest a first round pick in the uncertainty of JHS - a borderline career AHLer. This kid needs to focus on being the best player he can be wherever he is and then his talent would carry him.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
And I think that's literally the point right there...It "appeared" he worked on his attitude, but I'd bet that he didn't to the level needed to be a professional NHL player.

Maybe, maybe not. It's really difficult to say at this point whether the reports are true or what's actually happening. Time will tell.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Incarcerated Bob doesn’t like people refuting him. Staple says he spoke directly to Trotz and 5min later our if nowhere bob post Ho-Sang and his representatives discussing requesting a trade.

Bob absolutely has sources but he’s one petty individual and when he gets mad he starts positing a bunch of nonsense. He’s attacking Staple and Compton now lol
He always does this, regardless of whether he's right or wrong. He's an infantile little prick, that's for sure.

Reactions: SI and Lame Lambert

Palfmeister

Oct 2, 2011
If Ho-Sang was averaging a point per game during his stint, I'd guess he wouldn't have been sent down.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Maybe, maybe not. It's really difficult to say at this point whether the reports are true or what's actually happening. Time will tell.

What "reports" do you need other than this...

Ho-Sang is not an NHL regular.

That is a fact and what's "actually happening." On a team with NHL regulars in Barzal, Beauvillier, Pelech, Mayfield, Teows, all around Ho-Sang's age, somehow he is is left out.

At that point you then have to believe that either...

1. Ho-Sang is doing everything right, but just needs more seasoning in the AHL
  2. Ho-Sang is ready physically, but something in his attitude is keeping him from being with the big club
  3. Lou/Trotz don't know what they're doing

Reactions: bigtim1988

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
This is the last season where Josh Ho-Sang is waivers-exempt. If he were not waivers-exempt, would Ho-Sang be treated like this, given that other teams would likely put in a claim for him, not unlike how the Isles acquired Thomas Hickey in the first place?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
unreal if we are going to give up on him or dump him for next to nothing, still a skilled hockey player who has an upside and as I think as is is a consistent 40-50 point a year winger, just un-****ing real, this team is going to regret the way they handled him
Rob Schremp had all kinds of ability and apparently was a huge pain in the ass. That may be Ho-Sang’s problem. If Barry Trotz has problems with him, maybe Ho-Sang ought to pay attention to him. His leash is getting shorter with each demotion.

Last edited:
Reactions: periferal

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Rob Schremp had all kinds of ability and apparently was a hige pain in the ass. That may be Ho-Sang’s problem. If Barry Trotz has problems with him, maybe Ho-Sang ought to pay attention to him. His leash is getting shorter with each demotion.

I agree with everything except "maybe."

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I don’t think a bad GM would invest a first round pick in the uncertainty of JHS - a borderline career AHLer. This kid needs to focus on being the best player he can be wherever he is and then his talent would carry him.

Except there have been a lot of 1st round picks moved lately for equivalent first round picks. GMs think people just need a change of scenery, or reunited with someone they played with in juniors....happening all over the league and I could see it happen with JHS. I haven't dug up my quote yet, but about two weeks ago I stated that if JHS got sent down again this year he would be traded. We'll see if I was right.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
What "reports" do you need other than this...

Ho-Sang is not an NHL regular.

That is a fact and what's "actually happening." On a team with NHL regulars in Barzal, Beauvillier, Pelech, Mayfield, Teows, all around Ho-Sang's age, somehow he is is left out.

At that point you then have to believe that either...

1. Ho-Sang is doing everything right, but just needs more seasoning in the AHL
  2. Ho-Sang is ready physically, but something in his attitude is keeping him from being with the big club
  3. Lou/Trotz don't know what they're doing

The question is around whether or not the IB rumor has merit and is the reason for his demotion. It very well may not be attitude and entirely related to performance, in which case it's #1 and I don't see a problem with that, in terms of hanging on and continuing to develop him.

From my own viewings of his on-ice performance, I think he is ready now, but more time won't hurt. If IB turns out to be correct, obviously it's time to go. The third option is not even realistic enough to consider.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think you have it completely backwards. It's more like it's the Ho-Sang supporters that fail to see is deficiencies and that at this point he's most likely going to fail - And that's 100% on him and him alone.

He's only had problems with every single team he's played for, and on a team that has too many bottom-6 forwards and could use more offense, a hall of fame coach and GM don't think he's worthy of being on the team.

But I'm sure Ho-Sang is doing everything possible to become the "best player in his draft class" as he proclaimed 5 minutes after being drafted, and it's Lou Lamoriello and Barry Trotz who've got it wrong.

Hope you got another bowl of cheerios after JHS finished pissing in yours.

Meanwhile,I will wait for a report from a credible source that he is being shopped.

Reactions: SI

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Hope you got another bowl of cheerios after JHS finished pissing in yours.

Meanwhile,I will wait for a report from a credible source that he is being shopped.

The only bowl of cheerios JHS pissed in is his own...And then he'll say all the right things and wonder why no one else wants to eat it.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
The would does not split into Ho-Sang boosters who ignore off-ice stuff, and Ho-Sang detractors who don't. Those are just the people who love speculating.

I'm not into Ho-Sang right now, because he's not playing the game an NHL wing needs to play. I don't know if he ever will. It doesn't appear to be that he's even gotten a little stronger since he's entered the organization. Whether this has to do with work ethic or physical limitations I don't know, nor do I much care. I like good hockey, not narratives where I can talk about my political resentments tangentially.

Reactions: Doshell Propivo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad