Player Discussion: Josh Ho-Sang Pt II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
GWG and I knew the Monday morning quarterbacks would come out

One has scored a GWG in the NHL and the other was just a healthy scratch in the AHL despite having a ton of talent. JHS simply has not shown he has grown up. I don't see what the big deal is.

Last edited:

24diving

Apr 5, 2013
suffolk, long island
It is not that Monday morning quarterbacks would come out, but rather people are forced to talk negatively about MDC because they are constantly bringing you back down to earth regarding him. You don't exactly give anyone a chance to talk good about him.
Wrong person I think. Isn’t bood the one pumping jhs by knocking down Mdc?

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
I don’t understand all the negativity towards posters wishing the best for JHS.

Is it not beneficial to the Islanders organization for JHS to figure things out?

It’s a tremendous long shot to happen here, but there’s a lot of potential being wasted. That’s why fans are attracted to him.

Reactions: dood

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

Is it not beneficial to the Islanders organization for JHS to figure things out?

It’s a tremendous long shot to happen here, but there’s a lot of potential being wasted. That’s why fans are attracted to him.
Certain posters would rather be right than have the team succeed.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018

Nobody is wishing him ill, just tired of the hype. So far, for whatever reason, the kid is a bust. And let's remember, he was not a top 5 or 10 pick, he wasn't even a top 15, 20 or 25 pick, he was a 28, so for him to be a bust is far from unheard of.

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
Nobody is wishing him ill, just tired of the hype. So far, for whatever reason, the kid is a bust. And let's remember, he was not a top 5 or 10 pick, he wasn't even a top 15, 20 or 25 pick, he was a 28, so for him to be a bust is far from unheard of.
he holds the puck too long,makes bad decisions,doesn't back check,get his Mario pjs,send him to pitt

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

I wish the best for JHS and have been very patient with him and hope he turns it around. But at some point if you're taking a nap in the middle of a Starbucks you've got to...

images

Reactions: Macch and periferal

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
At the moment MDC has definitely earned a look see at the NHL level and I love the way he is playing the game right now. Good hands, good size, good attitude.But's let's not lose perspective here. Dal Colle has earned 93 points in 167 games in the AHL. Josh Hosang has scored 93 points as well in 135 games in the AHL. Josh Hosang has 24 points in 53 games at the NHL level and Dal Colle has earned 3 points, yes- 3 points in 19 games in the NHL. If a few Islander fans take a long enough breath between the time they spend with their heads in their a$$es they may be able to think straight. Ho Sang is far from a bust no more than Dal Colle was going to be a bust for all the times many of us thought he was never going to be an NHL player. If anything I would want to see both of these guys on the team and let Eberle walk after this year. Thus far without Barzal feeding him this guy has done nothing, and I'd rather see Ho Sang and a few of his rookie mistakes entertaining me rather than this guy who appears to be following Judas' lead and bagging it for the rest of the year. I like what Ho Sang brought the the Islanders PP earlier on in the year. It was actually DOING SOMETHING. If the Isles will be making any noise in the playoffs they need someone like Ho Sang to help this decrepit power play get back on track.

Reactions: Bood12

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I disagree - The kid scored a big goal tonight, but if Ho-Sang can get it together -

Dal Colle had a nice goal tonight, but he offers nothing - he doesn't impact the game or create or generate shots.

I think you'll see that will change with time. Kid was slow to develop in the AHL, gonna be the same in the NHL. You are already starting to see him crash the net more and gain confidence. The point is he is still getting better every game, JHS was not.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Hmmm...how long have you been on this earth?

Kid has all the talent in the world, yet repeatedly can't just put his head down and do what he's supposed to do. Fans are frustrated with him, which leads to negativity. Surprised I had to point out basic human emotions, but at least now you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad