Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Part I: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/josh-ho-sang.2194789/

Continue here

cut.jpg

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The last thread was closed at JHS's old number: 66 pages.

Where will JHS be by the time we hit his new number: 26 pages? BP, NYI or ???!!!!!!! :eek:

:sarcasm:

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Josh Ho-Schremp :sarcasm:

I’m a fan of the kid, but if he doesn’t light up the AHL, and doesn’t seem hungry enough to get the call up, he ain’t going to be much of an NHL player.

Reactions: Costigan77

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Josh Ho-Schremp :sarcasm:

I’m a fan of the kid, but if he doesn’t light up the AHL, and doesn’t seem hungry enough to get the call up, he ain’t going to be much of an NHL player.

Yup. Said the exact same thing to a friend before. Hopefully jhs can maintain close to ppg in the A for 10-20 games and see a call up. If he’s not scoring there he’s probablt done

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
wish I knew the team was going to have their 2nd most dynamic player rot again in Bridgeport before I renewed my Gamecenter, what a boring and unwatchable team this is going to be this year

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
It would be funny if an injury hits this week, not to barzel, they put ho. Sang on the team and he has a 65 point season, only 15 points than JT ends up with. It would sure help stomach watching JT on the news all season if we knew his ice time was going to ho sang, indirectly with Bailey going to center.

hoser14

Oct 23, 2006
Brooklyn
Lou kept Tanner "No Production" Fritz over JHS, not to say Bellows and Kovar. This sounds like something that Crapuao, Dead Weight and Snowballs would do. I don't get it. There is absolutely nothing that I have seen last season of Tanner Fritz that impresses me: a undersized forward (5'11" 180 lbs) with low to no production (34 games 3 goals 7 point and -3). Does anyone really miss Allen Quine and Colon McDonald?

Reactions: Newsworthy

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Lou kept Tanner "No Production" Fritz over JHS, not to say Bellows and Kovar. This sounds like something that Crapuao, Dead Weight and Snowballs would do. I don't get it. There is absolutely nothing that I have seen last season of Tanner Fritz that impresses me: a undersized forward (5'11" 180 lbs) with low to no production (34 games 3 goals 7 point and -3). Does anyone really miss Allen Quine and Colon McDonald?

There are scoring lines and checking lines.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA

And Fritz has been pretty solid IMO. The third line is producing, playing hard and been a strength with this kid. JHS needs to show he can beat out Eberle or Beavillier to make this team, not make the third line a weakness.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I'm also in the middle of listening to the PT Isles podcast (I think) and Andy Graziano said emphatically that Ho-Sang had a number of off the ice issues last season. He also mentioned that he corrected the issues for this year.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

I'm also in the middle of listening to the PT Isles podcast (I think) and Andy Graziano said emphatically that Ho-Sang had a number of off the ice issues last season. He also mentioned that he corrected the issues for this year.

Very interesting. I wonder what happened. Good to hear that he corrected them though.

Is PT Isles a good podcast? Always looking for good Isles shows.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
That’s how I see the JHS situation; he’s a liability as a bottom 6er. This suggests they have a high view of him. Hopefully he moves forward and produces.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Very interesting. I wonder what happened. Good to hear that he corrected them though.

I only just started listening, but I liked that they had someone like Graziano on there. There are a few Isles podcasts out there, each with a varying degree of quality. I think the Isles Seat is probably has the best production.

Reactions: Ho Sang Clan

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

I think staple mentioned her broke his hand in January last year.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
He will most likely replacing Eberle if Ebs do not resign. He has so much talent but need to understand that standing still and not moving his feet is not good for his game because when he does that he gets checked. Once he learns that he needs to be moving all the time and only slow down when he has a lot of room. In tight spot, you need to move or learn how to protect the puck better. Hopefully he will figure this out because once he does he can be a solid offensive threat.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He will most likely replacing Eberle if Ebs do not resign. He has so much talent but need to understand that standing still and not moving his feet is not good for his game because when he does that he gets checked. Once he learns that he needs to be moving all the time and only slow down when he has a lot of room. In tight spot, you need to move or learn how to protect the puck better. Hopefully he will figure this out because once he does he can be a solid offensive threat.
This is Ho-Sang's last year on his contract. If he can't make an impression at the NHL level this season I doubt the Islanders bring him back next season.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I fully expect Beavillier to pick up his game and would preach patience, but I can also see a scenario of Ho Sang being called up (in about a month or so) to light a fire under Beauvillier if he struggles and a very interesting scenario if Ho Sang responds with consistent play and production.

All possible but not sure how likely and the roster movement that needs to take place to make this happen.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

I particularly like Eyes on Isles

As for Ho Sang, I really hope that he gets called back up here this year and he's able to make the most of it. Seems like this is going to be his make or break year with the Isles.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
This is Ho-Sang's last year on his contract. If he can't make an impression at the NHL level this season I doubt the Islanders bring him back next season.
And then JHS will score 30 with the Rag$ next year when they actually give him a legitimate shot.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010

Nah, he was kind of an ahole.

Reactions: dood and PK Cronin

Pumpkin Pal

Oct 17, 2014

I get this line of thinking but like many other things with Lou, it's incredibly outdated. Phil Kessel plays on Pittsburgh's third line. As we all know, it sure ain't for his defensive play. He carries his own line as a winger and Ho-Sang could do the same, not as a goal scorer like Kessel, but as a dynamic skater who loves the puck on his stick and creating offense.

You don't win in today's NHL by inserting a bunch of plugs into the lineup to "check" endlessly, you win by possessing the puck and generating quality offense. Ho-Sang adds that even if it's on the third line as the primary puck carrier with some random center. Put a shooter like Brock at 3C and watch him actually look decent when Ho-Sang takes over many of the offensive responsibilities that a center should normally have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->