Rumor: Josh Gorges trade speculation (blocked trade to TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I can imagine the Habs trading Gorges & Prust for E.Kane, then sign Ehrhoff to play alongside PK Subban. Bourque could then move to RW his natural wing and with Parenteau RW, Gionta RW or promote Andrighetto RW could be moved onto the 3rd line with a few less minutes. Bergevin now knows where the team needs to beef up, after the playoffs and a couple of these moves will gain the Habs some more puck possession.

With E.Kane, C.Ehrhoff and hopefully P.Stastny, the Habs would be a much more competitive team once Beaulieu, Tinordi and one of (Bennett/ Nygren/ Pateryn) gain experience their depth will be right up with the "Elite Playoff Contenders".:nod:

Jets would never do that!

Pretty well has to be Gardiner coming back for Gorges. We know it is not JVR, Kadri, Lupul, not too many forwards left would match up. Bergs wouldn't put the team or Gorges thru all this turmoil of last 2 days for Franson. Its not worth it to him, Bergs would have dealt Gorges to one of the 15 teams not on his trade list for a 5th late round pick and be done with it. Instead of embarassing Gorges like this. Has to be a player to give Habs incident, somebody they really want. Reilly has too much upside not him, Phaneuf way too big a contract for us. Gleason has been released its not of those. Nobody left but Gardiner.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Exactly. Gorges is slow, small, can't make a pass or shoot... I hope Bergevin trades him. Our LD is stacked.

without Gorges, our LD are Markov, Emelin maybe (unless he plays with Markov still) and a bunch of rookies, that's stacked to you ?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I'm not really a fan of ole Georgie boy but is he a guy that really needs to go? I'd be more inclined to get rid of DD, gorges is a heart and soul guy but I do realize he is a shot blocker and not much else. Bergevin is a smart gm and I have faith that he knows what he is doing. It will be an interesting day for our team.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
It's a number's game but Gorges is the guy we can get rid of.

We need wingers! We have 4 rookies on defense that needs to play regular NHL ice time.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Parenteau(weak first line RW but whatever)
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-???? (Vrbata?)
Bourque(or Lupul. Bourque being traded?)-Eller-Gallagher
Prust-Bournival-Weise
Dumont/Bissonnette?

Moen traded

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Boyle?
Tinordi/Beaulieu-Pateryn/Nygren
Weaver/Drewiske/Bouillon?

Last edited:

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Did we ever here what the deal was Toronto was offering that Bergie couldn't refuse?

All we heard was that it was a roster player included on the Leafs side. Grant and Engels said they heard it was for a defensman but no confirmation. If that is the case then it really narrows it down to Gardiner or Franson...or Phaneuf. Can't see it being newly acquired Polak or Reilly.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
All we heard was that it was a roster player included on the Leafs side. Grant and Engels said they heard it was for a defensman but no confirmation.

That's weird why would we trade Gorges for one of Toronto's defence, unless it was one of Gardiner or Rielly, which I hardly doubt.

FisherKing

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I like how everywhere i read hpw MB is the bad guy ... (Not here) lol he just wanted to trade a player it's hockey

As I posted earlier, Bergevin is a real hard a** when he feels it's necessary. Frankly, in his line of work you have to be (at least at times) to make the tough decisions. Unlike us armchair GMs, there's little room for sentiment in his job and decisions made on sentiment usually don't work out very well, for anyone. This seems to be the year that Bergevin has decided to put the MB brand on the Habs. I think he's a pretty sharp dude who apparently could sell snow to Eskimos, if the Briere trade is any indication.

One thing though. Every year at UFA time, a lot of posters on here complain about the Habs GM "being asleep" or "sitting on his hands" IOW doing nothing. Don't see many making that complaint this year, at least not yet. Time will tell - it sucks at keeping secrets.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
That's weird why would we trade Gorges for one of Toronto's defence, unless it was one of Gardiner or Rielly, which I hardly doubt.
Yeah. Unless it is Gardiner then I don't see the fit. The one that is possible is Franson but he was brutal defensively last year. Franson is big and shoots right.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
As I posted earlier, Bergevin is a real hard a** when he feels it's necessary. Frankly, in his line of work you have to be (at least at times) to make the tough decisions. Unlike us armchair GMs, there's little room for sentiment in his job and decisions made on sentiment usually don't work out very well, for anyone. This seems to be the year that Bergevin has decided to put the MB brand on the Habs. I think he's a pretty sharp dude who apparently could sell snow to Eskimos, if the Briere trade is any indication.

One thing though. Every year at UFA time, a lot of posters on here complain about the Habs GM "being asleep" or "sitting on his hands" IOW doing nothing. Don't see many making that complaint this year, at least not yet. Time will tell - it sucks at keeping secrets.

This + MB didn't call the media to talk about the blocked trade like some people think. This kind of request to request happens everywhere and most of the time we don't hear about it.

WestIslander

Feb 5, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
I am so glad we are looking to trade Gorges, I am so sick of his RAH, RAH, RAH and to be honest with you, he is not a top 4 defenseman, out top 3 going forward are Subban, Markov and Emelin, now we need a top 4 and then Beaulieu, Tinordi and Weaver can play the bottom 2, so who's it going to be? Keith Yandle in a trade? Dustin Byfuglien? Or even Brooks Orpik?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yeah. Unless it is Gardiner then I don't see the fit. The one that is possible is Franson but he was brutal defensively last year. Franson is big and shoots right.

I'm quite sure it is Gardiner.

Listening to McKenzie, sounded like the 2nd attempt, Shanahan asked Gorges directly & was rebuffed. McKenzie described Gorges as old school does not want to play for a direct rival.

habsrule22

May 10, 2010
Powassan, Ontario
Pacioretty-Desharnais-iginla(This is the player we are making cap space for)
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Parenteau
Prust-Bournival-Weise

Moen traded

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Boyle maybe Petry
Tinordi/Beaulieu
Weaver

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I am so glad we are looking to trade Gorges, I am so sick of his RAH, RAH, RAH and to be honest with you, he is not a top 4 defenseman, out top 3 going forward are Subban, Markov and Emelin, now we need a top 4 and then Beaulieu, Tinordi and Weaver can play the bottom 2, so who's it going to be? Keith Yandle in a trade? Dustin Byfuglien? Or even Brooks Orpik?

That would be an incredible replacement.......put him in front of the net on the powerplay as well.

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007

Remember that Dudley spent some time with the Leafs he knows all their young players and I am confident he knows who is bad and who was mismanaged by Carlyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA