Rumor: Josh Gorges trade speculation (blocked trade to TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
As I said in the previous thread. If the Habs were getting something decent from the Leafs and not Franson I'd like for Gorges to waive and go to the Leafs. If however it's indeed Gorges for Franson, thank you Gorges for nixing the trade to the Leafs. :handclap:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
At this point it's clear that it would be a bad idea to bring hime back. Would be awkward...

Waiving him would be stupid, so hopefully we can at least get a decent pick or prospect for him if a team doesn't want to give up a roster player.

Can't see many good offers being out there with teams knowing waivers could be a possibility.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
It seems we are looking at Boyle per La Presse. Would explain the need to shed salary in the back.

firewagon77*

Why the HE double hockey sticks would you want Dan Boyle he is 38 years old,and he sure did a lot to help San Jose in the playoffs,i would rather take my chance with right handed shot D-man Magnus Nygren and his 105 MPH slapshot.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
At this point it's clear that it would be a bad idea to bring hime back. Would be awkward...

Waiving him would be stupid, so hopefully we can at least get a decent pick or prospect for him if a team doesn't want to give up a roster player.

Can't see many good offers being out there with teams knowing waivers could be a possibility.

True but if he hits waivers he might get claimed before any team interested gets a chance to get him.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Why the HE double hockey sticks would you want Dan Boyle he is 38 years old,and he sure did a lot to help San Jose in the playoffs,i would rather take my chance with right handed shot D-man Magnus Nygren and his 105 MPH slapshot.

Would imagine it's because he'd take a 1-2 year deal.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009

Colonel Potter much?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
To me, waiving or trading Josh Gorges for any trash player would be a terrible asset management.

I'm well aware Bergevin wants to clear some cap space, but trading someone as useful as Gorges for peanuts only because he's overpaid by a few is terrible.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Valentko had a big shot too...

Last edited:

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
If we trade Gorges and use the cap space to bring in Boyle it definitely gives us a strong (if not ancient) top 4, however leaves with basically nobody on the back end who can kill a penalty.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
To me, waiving or trading Josh Gorges for any trash player would be a terrible asset management.

I'm well aware Bergevin wants to clear some cap space, but trading someone as useful as Gorges for peanuts only because he's overpaid by a few is terrible.

I doubt Bergevin will trade or waive Gorges for a worse player.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If we trade Gorges and use the cap space to bring in Boyle it definitely gives us a strong (if not ancient) top 4, however leaves with basically nobody on the back end who can kill a penalty.

PK can easily take over Gorges minutes on the PK. He did it this year when Gorges went down and our PK was 6-52, which is 89% efficiency, better than our number for the whole season.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

If Gorges is gone there's definitely a good chance Tinordi will make the team and be taking a lot of his PK minutes. Markov, Emelin and Subban all played quite a bit of time on the PK last year as well.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I doubt Bergevin will trade or waive Gorges for a worse player.

As far as I know, looking at the Leafs roster, the only players who could fit in a trade would be Franson or Gardiner.

Let's just hope it's not Franson.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
As far as I know, looking at the Leafs roster, the only players who could fit in a trade would be Franson or Gardiner.

Let's just hope it's not Franson.

Grant pretty much all but confirmed it in the last thread. Looks like it was franson. Which is ****ing awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille