Rumor: Josh Gorges trade speculation (blocked trade to TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
If the Leafs deal turned out to be Gardiner and Gorges blocked it... **** him.

That would be highway robbery by Bergevin.

Nah, it could have been Gunnarsson AND A 5TH ROUND PICK!!!1!1!!!

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
Gorges leaked it. They asked him to waive his NTC and he got mad, leaked it to the press and tried to spin an angle with Stubbs that made him look like the victim in all of this.

There's no way he's back with the team.

Pretty much this.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
Feeling of déjà vu here. Replace the name of Gorges with Komisarek and you have this thread like several years ago. Shutdown defenseman, ultimate **** blocker, potential future captain, offensively challenged ...

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This^

So many haters when in reality this could all be for Franson. Imagine that happened. I would love to see everyone's reactions. People acting like any defense of Gorges is automatically an invalid point. Even outside of his dedication -- he is the best defensive defenseman on the Habs, it's not like he's chopped liver. I too am the furthest thing from a Gorges lover, but I sure as hell am glad whenever he's on the ice. Him returning from injury was huge for the Habs.

NTC is a NTC. You just cannot call someone a baby for exercising it. Maybe all of your professional contracts or other legal protections should just be revoked. You know, cuz "it's hockey".
I agree.

Even if it's Kadri and Gardiner (which it's not), you can't be mad at Gorges for exercising his right. You can be mad at management that gave him that deal.

People here will ***** because it's entertainment, but it's his life. It's his job. If he has a contract, that's what it is. Sucks, but that's what our team did.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Tinordi can just go the komisarek route and goad this guys in and skate away... :laugh:

Seems to really throw Looch off his game, actually.

Apparently you have no sense of what has ever happened between Komisarek and Lucic. And that includes when he was with the Leafs.

If the Leafs deal turned out to be Gardiner and Gorges blocked it... **** him.

That would be highway robbery by Bergevin.

Yes. IF.

Still, not **** him, more like **** the fact he was given the provisional NTC. He wants to play for a winning team. Even said those days may be numbered after the playoffs. Still, he considers us to be a ticket and the leafs not (not to mention there IS a real rivalry between fans and players, it's idiotic to deny it.)

PricePkPatch*

Feeling of déjà vu here. Replace the name of Gorges with Komisarek and you have this thread like several years ago. Shutdown defenseman, ultimate **** blocker, potential future captain, offensively challenged ...

Going to the Leafs :naughty:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
If Toronto really was crazy enough to be willing to offer Gardiner for Gorges, then I will forever hate Pierre ****ing Gauthier for that unnecessary partial NTC. ****.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

To be fair, Komisarek ditched the Habs (pretty much the opposite) and Gorges was never an NHL ALL-STAR.:laugh:

He would be very useful to the leafs. I can see why they want him. I don't see how they would give up Gardiner for him though.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I agree.

Even if it's Kadri and Gardiner (which it's not), you can't be mad at Gorges for exercising his right. You can be mad at management that gave him that deal.

People here will ***** because it's entertainment, but it's his life. It's his job. If he has a contract, that's what it is. Sucks, but that's what our team did.

We really don't know what the Toronto piece was.

I too, agree that Gorges has every right to use his NTC, and shouldn't be castigated for expressing his disappointment and surprise publicly.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Gorges leaked it. They asked him to waive his NTC and he got mad, leaked it to the press and tried to spin an angle with Stubbs that made him look like the victim in all of this.

There's no way he's back with the team.

They should really just waive Gorges so Buffalo picks him and he gets stuck in a **** city with a **** team where he will likely get sent down before the end of his deal.

What an idiotic moron. Go cry some more on Stubbs' shoulder Gorges. I don't think Lafleur made as big a deal when he left the habs.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
To be fair, Komisarek ditched the Habs (pretty much the opposite) and Gorges was never an NHL ALL-STAR.:laugh:

He would be very useful to the leafs. I can see why they want him. I don't see how they would give up Gardiner for him though.

Yeah he wanted big money for his play but the Habs didn't give it to him. Markov made Komisarek an all-star.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I agree.

Can we be mad at Gorges for alerting the media and turning this into a circus though?

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
They should really just waive Gorges so Buffalo picks him and he gets stuck in a **** city with a **** team where he will likely get sent down before the end of his deal.

What an idiotic moron. Go cry some more on Stubbs' shoulder Gorges. I don't think Lafleur made as big a deal when he left the habs.

Is that how you treat a guy who is proud to wear the CH ?

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Apparently you have no sense of what has ever happened between Komisarek and Lucic. And that includes when he was with the Leafs.

Yes. IF.

Still, not **** him, more like **** the fact he was given the provisional NTC. He wants to play for a winning team. Even said those days may be numbered after the playoffs. Still, he considers us to be a ticket and the leafs not (not to mention there IS a real rivalry between fans and players, it's idiotic to deny it.)

The difference between the two is that Tinordi can actually stand up for himself. Komisarek was only tough when beating up guys like Dubinski.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I think he realized it just fine during the lockout when he threw his former teammate Hamrlik under a bus.

I always disliked the player, and the person. Now it's reaching new heights. Gorges, go away we don't want you.

Pretty harsh comments about someone you've never met.

Can we be mad at Gorges for alerting the media and turning this into a circus though?

Is this based on fact? If not, then it's completely uncalled for and pathetic.

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com

Idiotic moron? The guy took less money to get a NTC. He has every right to not go to Toronto if he doesn't want to.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Is that how you treat a guy that is proud to wear the CH ?

He is so proud to wear the CH that when asked by his GM if he'll waive his NTC, he threw a tantrum, refused, then decided to leak it to the press, cried to Stubbs to give it a good spin and make sure we can't get a good return for him. Gorges turned this into a circus and made both Toronto and Montreal look bad. It's not professional.

This is Gorges ego at play here. He thought he was the **** in Montreal. Thought he was the next captain. Well time to wake up from that self deluded dream that he had. The guy is not freakin' Wayne Gretzky. Players get traded. Especially overpaid defensive dman in the twilight of their career. He's throwing a bigger fit than Lafleur when he left the habs.

I respect his right to exercise his NTC. But I do not respect him for leaking this to the media, and then crying on Stubbs shoulder to make it look like MB is evil for wanting to go into another direction. F him.

I now have confirmation that what I always thought about Gorges is true.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Does anyone else think that the reason Gorges is targeted for a trade could have something to do with the in-room leadership dynamic? Management obviously loved what they saw from Subban in the P.O and might be looking to give him a lot more leadership duties. Don't know if Gorges could handle that...

Fire Everyone

Especially you
May 17, 2006
That's not how a negotiation works. You can look at it like that, but it is a business. He took less money than he could have gotten, however much less that was, in exchange for the NTC.

Negotiation doesn't mean that everyone gets a good deal. Gorges got too much money per year and he obtained a ridiculously long term for a player of his calibre. On top of that, he got a NTC.

Gauthier overrated Gorges, it's as simple as that. Gauthier may have though that it was good deal, but it wasn't. The contract is amazing for Gorges though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad