Rumor: Josh Gorges trade speculation (blocked trade to TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'm quite sure it is Gardiner.

Listening to McKenzie, sounded like the 2nd attempt, Shanahan asked Gorges directly & was rebuffed. McKenzie described Gorges as old school does not want to play for a direct rival.

haha, his career with the habs is over, the leafs aren't a rival anymore. It's the fans who believe in that stuff. What a moron. The old school comment is quite the euphemism. Might as well say Gorges is a Pejorative Slured dinosaur.

Gah, just go away. Stop making a fool of yourself.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
I have a feeling that Jared Tinordi is going to make us forget Josh Gorges at one point either this season or next season. I think he's going to have a ***** load of blocked shots and he needs to play in order to make mistakes. That's the way he's going to learn. Gorges when he was acquired grew up in the organization because he started playing despite his limited skills sets. Anyways, there has to be reasons why Gorges is on the block from management point. Looking forward to the end of this saga.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I have a feeling that Jared Tinordi is going to make us forget Josh Gorges at one point either this season or next season. I think he's going to have a ***** load of blocked shots and he needs to play in order to make mistakes. That's the way he's going to learn. Gorges when he was acquired grew up in the organization because he started playing despite his limited skills sets. Anyways, there has to be reasons why Gorges is on the block from management point. Looking forward to the end of this saga.

I have already forgotten about Josh Gorges. Well I would have if he had accepted to waive his NTC. Argh..

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
haha, his career with the habs is over, the leafs aren't a rival anymore. It's the fans who believe in that stuff. What a moron. The old school comment is quite the euphemism. Might as well say Gorges is a Pejorative Slured dinosaur.

Gah, just go away. Stop making a fool of yourself.

Sad. Very, very, very...sad.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The Gorges melodrama you mean. Seems Gorges realised just yesterday that hockey is a business!!-

I think he realized it just fine during the lockout when he threw his former teammate Hamrlik under a bus.

I always disliked the player, and the person. Now it's reaching new heights. Gorges, go away we don't want you.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Sorry to say Josh, but if you don't like Toronto, you're certainly not going to like Buffalo after being waived.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Yes he did. I remember the day we traded for him. Curly haired kid wandering St. Catherines, being interviewed about joining the Habs. Saying he'd heard great things from I think Damphousse and other Montrealers. He was excited.

Then he DID develop his entire game completely over here. 2010 was a watershed year for him and Hal Gill played a big part in that. Sure it wasn't that long ago, but that's when Gorges went from solid D man to the guy we put on the ice when we don't want a goal scored. (Unless Therrien is having another aneurysm.)

(Agreeing with you)- Maybe not elite, but he got the contract he did cuz he earned it. That's what people forget. Internally, when a guy plays like that on previously such a low salary for so long, good management throws them a little extra and I bet if you go back to the day we gave him the contract, you'll see the majority of posts supporting it. Saying, "ok, a little high, but the guy deserves it and we have him locked up. YES!"

Mmmm....riggggght, and that's why GMs salivate over shot blockers. He doesn't just get hit by the puck cuz he's standing there, he is a great shot blocker, there's a big difference. Pretty sure he's been in the top5 almost every year.

Everyone talks about from within as if those players are ready to step in an shut down the top players in the NHL. People moan about our weak D core. Guess what? He's the D part of the D and it's the others who are often less than great at overall stopping the puck from going in or doing stupid things in our zone (some blame to Therrien).

One thing is clear: He never makes it look easy, BUT he gets the job done and sacrifices himself to do it. The biggest knock on players is that they don't care. And we're shipping the guy who cares the most AND is effective in his role. The best on the team at it.

We need veterans to help bring along at least Tinordi, Pateryn, Nygren (Beaulieu has Markov and in any case I think he looks ready). Gorges is the right person for THOSE guys, the same way Gill was for rounding out an already developed Gorges.

It's all about that return. Therein lies (not Therrien) the interesting part. It would only make sense if the return was an offer we couldn't refuse. This is Leafs-Habs...doesn't get weirder than this with this kind of stuff and I highly doubt Gorges goes over there and becomes Komi.

Dude. I had to watch Savard Lapointe Robinson eventually retire or get moved. It happens. Gorges is completely utterly useless offensively, and it costs the Habs. Get over it.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Sorry to say Josh, but if you don't like Toronto, you're certainly not going to like Buffalo after being waived.

15 out of the 23 NHL USA based teams he is willing to go to.
If the Habs can't find a partner amongst the 17 teams on his list,then there's a bigger problem .

Can we just stop with the oh you better do this ,or get out Josh, until he is traded...What ever people are trying to advise him in this thread,i can tell ya it isn't goona make any difference.

Have some respect,he gave his all for the Habs.
It is a CAP RELATED"SUBBAN" ISSUE WHY HE IS GOING.....not his performance.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
The hate for Gorges is extremely bizarre. The man loved being a Hab and was completely devoted to the organization. I wish we could say that about all our players. He was a true gamer who wore his heart on his sleeve.

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
He's been gone from there for a few years

Two years, man. Bergevin hired him. You don't forget players just like that. He knows the Leafs organization, prospects and farm team inside out. In addition, he is one of the best guys in the league for talent evaluation. The guy's life is Hockey. If Franson can play, Dudley would know.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Dreger was just on TSN 690 and said it's definitely a defenseman in the deal for Gorges.

Speculation was that it has to be something significant though or else it wouldn't have created such a big boom.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
The hate for Gorges is extremely bizarre. The man loved being a Hab and was completely devoted to the organization. I wish we could say that about all our players. He was a true gamer who wore his heart on his sleeve.

Yea I agree. Whoever gets Gorges is going to get a really solid defenseman that always gives his best for the team. Not to mention a big boost to their PK where he's always been phneomenal.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
15 out of the 23 NHL USA based teams he is willing to go to.
If the Habs can't find a partner amongst the 17 teams on his list,then there's a bigger problem .

Can we just stop with the oh you better do this ,or get out Josh, until he is traded...What ever people are trying to advise him in this thread,i can tell ya it isn't goona make any difference.

Have some respect,he gave his all for the Habs.
It is a CAP RELATED"SUBBAN" ISSUE WHY HE IS GOING.....not his performance.

I'm sure a lot of teams want him, but with the Habs taking on salary too. The idea is to get cap room.

I love Josh, I know he's played his heart out. But it's a business.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Dreger was just on TSN 690 and said it's definitely a defenseman in the deal for Gorges.

Speculation was that it has to be something significant though or else it wouldn't have created such a big boom.

...Gardiner...

...Habs get Gardiner, trade Beaulieu to Florida cuz Gallant loves him...

...Habs get Gudbranson...

:sarcasm:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

The only one that really makes sense is Franson but he's not significant. It couldn't be Gardiner, could it?

If it's Franson, I'm glad Gorges didn't waive his NTC. If it's Gardiner, I'll be pissed.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Of all the players who left town ,Josh is one of them who doesn't deserve to be crapped on ...It's sheer ignorance from a few ..

When he comes back to Montreal he wont never be boo'd...that says something...only a few players that haven't been..One was Sheldon Souray .

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Of all the players who left town ,Josh is one of them who doesn't deserve to be crapped on ...It's sheer ignorance from a few ..

When he comes back to Montreal he wont be boo'd...that says something...only a few players that haven't been..One was Sheldon Souray .

...if Josh is traded, he'll get a standing O from the crowd at the Centre Bell the moment he comes back...as he deserves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad