Rumor: Josh Gorges trade speculation (blocked trade to TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The hate for Gorges is extremely bizarre. The man loved being a Hab and was completely devoted to the organization. I wish we could say that about all our players. He was a true gamer who wore his heart on his sleeve.

Do did Andrei Kostitsyn and Kostitsyn actually filled a need for the organization. If Gorges was named Gorgesbov everyone would have said to get rid of him for the last 5 years.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Do did Andrei Kostitsyn and Kostitsyn actually filled a need for the organization. If Gorges was named Gorgesbov everyone would have said to get rid of him for the last 5 years.

...difference was AK was a floater who turned it one when he wanted to; Gorges has always been a heart-on-his-sleeve battler and never just mailed it in...he wore the jersey proud...

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
The hate for Gorges is extremely bizarre. The man loved being a Hab and was completely devoted to the organization. I wish we could say that about all our players. He was a true gamer who wore his heart on his sleeve.

That's all true, but I would love a top 4 D that gave Habs 10 goals and 25 assists per year, while also doing what Gorges does anyway. End of story.

Forlando

Nov 14, 2007
Dreger said on the radio that Bergevin did not leak this...I am pretty sure Shanahan did not leak this either, don't want to star his career as GM like this.....so that leaves....Gorges and his agent, like I said before.

Gorges always acted like he was a true professional...not this time Josh, not this time.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
...difference was AK was a floater who turned it one when he wanted to; Gorges has always been a heart-on-his-sleeve battler and never just mailed it in...he wore the jersey proud...

You're seeing the positives and ignoring the negatives with Gorges and doing the opposite for AK46. HFBoards at it's finest. When Gorges makes a mistake nobody ever harps on him yet everyone praises him for doing things an NHL dman should be able to do. Yet Emelin makes a great play and all the comments are "nice by Emelin but he sucks and rarely makes plays like that". When Emelin makes a mistake "What a Pejorative Slur why did we re-sign him what a stupid assface I hate his family". Heck even when he doesn't make a mistake and is just on ice for a goal caused by forwards being out of position or not following their man Emelin gets all the blame. Blatant xenophobia on this board.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Where is all this waiver non sense coming from?

In any event... We'll all see very quickly how replaceable Gorges in after Tinordi has 40 games next to Subban. He's going to make mistakes at first but make no mistake about it, he's a far better skater, has far better offensive instincts and can INTIMIDATE people.

No one will dare go after PK with Tinordi on the ice with him, he'll rag doll most players in the NHL and hold his own against the bigger guys.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
You're seeing the positives and ignoring the negatives with Gorges and doing the opposite for AK46. HFBoards at it's finest. When Gorges makes a mistake nobody ever harps on him yet everyone praises him for doing things an NHL dman should be able to do. Yet Emelin makes a great play and all the comments are "nice by Emelin but he sucks and rarely makes plays like that". When Emelin makes a mistake "What a Pejorative Slur why did we re-sign him what a stupid assface I hate his family". Heck even when he doesn't make a mistake and is just on ice for a goal caused by forwards being out of position or not following their man Emelin gets all the blame. Blatant xenophobia on this board.

...wtf are you talking about??...have you read any of my posts; I'm the last guy you'd call a Gorges supporter for his work on the ice; I've wanted him traded for a while now...I just think we shouldn't go all "GTFO Gorges" and remember what a class act and great teammate and leader he was...there's a big difference between wanting him traded and acting like he's the Plague and never did anything to help this Franchise...show some respect for the guy, he may not have been the most talented Dman out there but he bled Bleu, Blanc, et Rouge every night for us...he desereves our respect for that...

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Gorgesbov that's really funny !

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Dreger said on the radio that Bergevin did not leak this...I am pretty sure Shanahan did not leak this either, don't want to star his career as GM like this.....so that leaves....Gorges and his agent, like I said before.

Gorges always acted like he was a true professional...not this time Josh, not this time.

The two teams were chatting about the trade on the draft floor and Bobby Mac overheard. He probably has the place bugged or has one of those spy like microphones;)

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The two teams were chatting about the trade on the draft floor and Bobby Mac overheard. He probably has the place bugged or has one of those spy like microphones;)

Dreger has Nonis' bedroom bugged, for uhh hockey insider related purposes.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

In any event... We'll all see very quickly how replaceable Gorges in after Tinordi has 40 games next to Subban. He's going to make mistakes at first but make no mistake about it, he's a far better skater, has far better offensive instincts and can INTIMIDATE people.

No one will dare go after PK with Tinordi on the ice with him, he'll rag doll most players in the NHL and hold his own against the bigger guys.

If anything, goons like Colton Orr and Milan Lucic might go after Subban just to try and injure Tinordi.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

Dreger "Gorges blindsided by Bergevin" it's a business for which you're compensated very well for, get a grip buddy! Whiner!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Also, Habs don't have to pay 3.9 million dollars for 1 goal and 13 assists next year. Duh.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Gorges leaked it. They asked him to waive his NTC and he got mad, leaked it to the press and tried to spin an angle with Stubbs that made him look like the victim in all of this.

There's no way he's back with the team.

McGuires Corndog

Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
If the Leafs deal turned out to be Gardiner and Gorges blocked it... **** him.

That would be highway robbery by Bergevin.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
...wtf are you talking about??...have you read any of my posts; I'm the last guy you'd call a Gorges supporter for his work on the ice; I've wanted him traded for a while now...I just think we shouldn't go all "GTFO Gorges" and remember what a class act and great teammate and leader he was...there's a big difference between wanting him traded and acting like he's the Plague and never did anything to help this Franchise...show some respect for the guy, he may not have been the most talented Dman out there but he bled Bleu, Blanc, et Rouge every night for us...he desereves our respect for that...

This^

So many haters when in reality this could all be for Franson. Imagine that happened. I would love to see everyone's reactions. People acting like any defense of Gorges is automatically an invalid point. Even outside of his dedication -- he is the best defensive defenseman on the Habs, it's not like he's chopped liver. I too am the furthest thing from a Gorges lover, but I sure as hell am glad whenever he's on the ice. Him returning from injury was huge for the Habs.

NTC is a NTC. You just cannot call someone a baby for exercising it. Maybe all of your professional contracts or other legal protections should just be revoked. You know, cuz "it's hockey".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad