Josh Anderson

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
That contract wont age well. He's totally invisible

Habs needed a big scoring guy and got 17 goals with him. 2nd with his team. Top 60 in the league.
He gave a good season.

I'll wait post season before judging with injuries.
Rask allowed 4 goals in each of his last 2 games. It's a disastrous performance but he requires surgery

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
''injured''
He has 1 goal in his last 23 games in the last 2 months of hockey. It's not an injury , he was already putrid before the playoffs. He had a great game 1 against Toronto then he dissapeared

One great game in 23 games could actually be consistent with an injury. It sounds right. If you have something ripped in your back, get a (medically approved) steroid shot in your back before game 1, play amazingly, and then when the steroid fades you are back where you started with your injury. If something makes it unlikely it is that the Habs didn't rest him much before the playoffs. They should have given him time off if they knew he wasn't 100%. Then again the Lightning didn't rest Hedman who was playing hurt since March.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
One great game in 23 games could actually be consistent with an injury. It sounds right. If you have something ripped in your back, get a (medically approved) steroid shot in your back before game 1, play amazingly, and then when the steroid fades you are back where you started with your injury. If something makes it unlikely it is that the Habs didn't rest him much before the playoffs. They should have given him time off if they knew he wasn't 100%. Then again the Lightning didn't rest Hedman who was playing hurt since March.
lol 2 months
if he was that injured he would not have been playing. Stop finding reasons , he was not played injured at all last night. always the injury card

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
lol 2 months
if he was that injured he would not have been playing. Stop finding reasons , he was not played injured at all last night. always the injury card

You think injured players aren't playing? Hedman has been injured since late March. And they kept playing him through bad performances.

Last night Anderson mustered maybe one rush at full speed. He could do that twelve times in a game when he's healthy. He has nonstop energy when he's well, there's no ambiguity with a guy like him where he sometimes doesn't feel confident or something. He just goes as fast as his body will let him.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
You think injured players aren't playing? Hedman has been injured since late March. And they kept playing him through bad performances.

Last night Anderson mustered maybe one rush at full speed. He could do that twelve times in a game when he's healthy. He has nonstop energy when he's well, there's no ambiguity with a guy like him where he sometimes doesn't feel confident or something. He just goes as fast as his body will let him.
I think they do , but not for 2 months straight , who also the habs were a playoff team for a while if he was that injured he wouldnt be playing.

Just trying to find reasons for his poor performance

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I think they do , but not for 2 months straight , who also the habs were a playoff team for a while if he was that injured he wouldnt be playing.

Just trying to find reasons for his poor performance

I've been watching Josh since he showed up with the Lake Erie Monsters six or seven years ago and helped them win a Calder Cup. He's the easiest player to read. If he's not injured he goes all out, and he'll keep doing that until he injures himself with his carnage-filled playstyle. That's not excusing anything, it's just the way he is. When he's healthy, you'll know.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
While Andersson was the right type of player to acquire, I still maintain that contract is a tad expensive.

After a rough few seasons in CBJ, not sure how they landed on his AAV.

I guess the value of the Toffoli deal offsets this one.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
After a rough few seasons in CBJ, not sure how they landed on his AAV.
\

Josh had one last injury-filled season with the Jackets. He was one of their best players the year before.

How did they land on that AAV? That was the number where Josh drew the line. Jarmo counter-offered him $5m x 7, and when that wasn't enough they let Bergevin say yes.

Honestly with the highs and lows of Josh Anderson's game, it's not the AAV that would bug me. We all have to take our chances and he might be more than worth it if he happens to be healthy at the right time. But you're probably going to lose that bet over 7 years. That's way too long.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
27 goal pace over a normal year, and looks injured.

He is a 5.5 million dollar forward who hits a like a truck and looks like a 25 goal guy moving forward. Why are people complaining so much. If he was consistent he's more like an 8 million dollar player.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
I've been watching Josh since he showed up with the Lake Erie Monsters six or seven years ago and helped them win a Calder Cup. He's the easiest player to read. If he's not injured he goes all out, and he'll keep doing that until he injures himself with his carnage-filled playstyle. That's not excusing anything, it's just the way he is. When he's healthy, you'll know.
So because you watched him for 6 years you can tell if he's injured when he's skating and shooting did not even change from the start of the season?
You are better than me at this.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
So because you watched him for 6 years you can tell if he's injured when he's skating and shooting did not even change from the start of the season?

It did change! Both his skating and shot look different. There's enough there for people to see regardless of whether they only started watching him this year. When he is healthy he is a much more noticeable player. Give him an open wing and he'll go faster than anyone else can go. There's no other gear for him than full speed so you'll know when he is healthy.

For me it's not about excuses it's just knowing what happened. His contract is super risky largely because he is the type of player who will injure himself a lot. It's not like everyone gets a pass when this happens. The Habs suffer and Bergevin looks dumb for trading for an oft-injured player. But if anyone is going to tell me that Josh Anderson isn't a maximum effort player I'll contest that to the ends of the earth.

Reactions: Viqsi

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

His playing right now is day and night, are you sure you're watching the right guy?

He was definitely injured in rd 1 and 2...we'll see if the break helped him, he didn't have a good game 1 against Vegas though

Reactions: majormajor

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
27 goal pace over a normal year, and looks injured.

He is a 5.5 million dollar forward who hits a like a truck and looks like a 25 goal guy moving forward. Why are people complaining so much. If he was consistent he's more like an 8 million dollar player.

People complain because his contract is way too long, if we put the AAV aside. Couple that with a history of injuries at his age, and it's understandable that people are scared it becomes Alzner 2.0.

And when he doesn't hit he's pretty useless out there. The truck comparisons are really spot on. He can't turn at all and has tunnel vision. Great guy on the 3rd, maybe 2nd line when healthy...

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
His playing right now is day and night, are you sure you're watching the right guy?

He was definitely injured in rd 1 and 2...we'll see if the break helped him, he didn't have a good game 1 against Vegas though
He was playing like that 1 month before the playoffs , that's what you guys don'T get. 1 point in 24 games.

That's just finding reasons at this point. His injuries goes off and comeback when the timing is right? Am I wrong?

If that was Drouin we were talking right now this thread would already have 35 pages and none of those posts would be talking about an injury

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
He was playing like that 1 month before the playoffs , that's what you guys don'T get. 1 point in 24 games.

That's just finding reasons at this point. His injuries goes off and comeback when the timing is right? Am I wrong?

If that was Drouin we were talking right now this thread would already have 35 pages and none of those posts would be talking about an injury

This is all just speculation right now, we'll have to wait until the playoffs are over to get an answer.

I think everyone is frustrated with him right now, injury or no injury.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
This is all just speculation right now, we'll have to wait until the playoffs are over to get an answer.

I think everyone is frustrated with him right now, injury or no injury.
I mean it's known tht alot of people plays with injuries during playoffs , but if it was that severe , he wouldnt be playing. He still skates well , he can still forecheck . Could probably be a lack of confidence. Let's not forget he was traded for Domi....

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
1 goal, -4 through 11 games despite being considered the prototypical playoff power forward.

Has he been better than the numbers indicate as far as physical play, forechecking, PK, whatever, or a nonfactor in every way?

LOL. Brutal. He's been invisible most nights, all through these playoffs. And 24 pts in 52 games this year in the regular season. All that for 5.5M for 7 more years.

What's worse? Overpaying Mitch Marner by 1.5M/year for 4 more years? Or Josh Anderson by 1.5M/year for 7 more years?

I know what MY answer is. But I also know what HF posters will say. :D

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
LOL. Brutal. He's been invisible most nights, all through these playoffs. And 24 pts in 52 games this year in the regular season. All that for 5.5M for 7 more years.

What's worse? Overpaying Mitch Marner by 1.5M/year for 4 more years? Or Josh Anderson by 1.5M/year for 7 more years?

24pts in 52 games isn't too bad...

As for the money, I'm not too concerned since an extra 1.5m won't really impact our ability to still build the team we want. It's 1.8% of the cap and we don't have too many instances of overpaying someone by 1.5m

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

What's worse?
Being useless in the playoffs at 5,5M$ AAV or being useless in the playoffs at freaking 11M$ AAV?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00